Woman wakes up from 2017 coma

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sobering questions:

How long would you stay the course for someone like that?
How many would do the same for you?
This is really a matter of resources. Given how expensive inpatient care is, most Americans would have no choice but to fold after 2 or 3 years.

It's not even an option to keep a vegetable alive. You could easily be looking at 6000 per month in respirators and 24hr care

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
This is really a matter of resources. Given how expensive inpatient care is, most Americans would have no choice but to fold after 2 or 3 years.

It's not even an option to keep a vegetable alive. You could easily be looking at 6000 per month in respirators and 24hr care

In there's the sobering part:

Is what you're willing to do bound by what you can afford?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very interesting thread

Anyway, she's paralyzed and is still learning how to talk again. She can only mumble a few basic words right now.

I didn't watch the video, and of course her limbs have atrophied, but is it possible that they can be retrained so that she can walk again?

My older cousin went into a coma while giving birth in the 90s. Hers was a case of malpractice so her immediate family got a settlement. They kept her alive until about 3 years ago. I’m still not sure if she passed naturally or if her now adult son made the call to let her go.

How long was your cousin in a coma for, and where was she kept?

My brother was in a medically induced coma for a few weeks/ 1 month due to a TBI. My mother was the only one who knew he would come back right.

He has some memory loss, but came back strong. 💪🏽 :wow:
How long ago did this happen, and does he still have memory loss. I'm wondering how serious you would classify the "memory loss"?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
How long ago did this happen, and does he still have memory loss. I'm wondering how serious you would classify the "memory loss"?
A few years, maybe 5. He doesn't remember a lot about the past. He remembers raising me, but not my niece. 😔I don't know how much of his childhood he remembers. Its very fukked up, esp bc he had some interesting experiences (my parents moved a lot, Caribbean islands, down South, all that).

What's super weird is, his astrology predicted a head injury at that time. I don't normally use it for predictive purposes, but when that accident happened and I checked, I was like wow. But just based on the chart, I wouldnt have had enough to warn him properly..

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yep :francis: Unlike movies, when ppl come out of a coma they be all types of fukked up. Watched a documentary where many were left in that childlike state. Pretty sad
I was in a coma for 2 weeks, between the atrophy, not being able to walk at all, or even as much lift my phone for a month was:mjcry: crazy thing is my sister said i woke up right before they were talking about putting a trache in my esophagus:picard: