Working just to retire around 65 and die within 10 years

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
The fact people are clueless about investing and having money work for you will never cease to amaze me. I'm kinda gald that most people dont seek out knowledge and hates learning about shyt outside of school. Have a feeling I wouldn't be able to do it if it was common knowledge.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad I picked a career I aint never thinking of retiring from, and travel is damn near a requirement. I aint nowhere near rich but its light years more rewarding and the potential of where my career is heading is :wow:

Follow your PASSION brehs and grind, you will truly never work a day in your life

One of the best posts in this thread. Some of you are thinking wrong. It's not about dodging a 9-5 or finding some balance between working traveling a family, having fun, etc...

It's not even about money. Just do what you love and things should fall into place. Just be happy with what you have. And be smart.

There's no perfect answer to the problems OP stated though but yea don't work your whole life doing something you hate just to make a living have a stable income, secure job so you can retire when you're old. That's common knowledge, brehs. :manny:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
REPPED.
The truth.
fukk that, I'm trying to go all out before I end up like that. fukk that 9-5 life. Maybe that's why I've been making music and pushing myself so hard doing it.
I'm trying to use music to tour the world and DJ places I've never been and make more money then I would working a regular job.
i hear all that. and i ain loving the 9 to 5 either. but let me ask you a question. while you're getting your rap on, dj on, singing on... etc. how are you feeding yourself? be honest.
how are you sleeping at night?(who you staying with and how are you paying rent? are you paying any rent?
how are you keeping ya clothes right? who's buying ya clothes?
if you're rapping how do you have money for mics? equipment? studio time(if you use ya homeboys house, you kicking him some change? equipment is cheaper now but it aint free, electric is running bills are due.

i'm asking cause a lot of young to old heads be on this same kick without being real. you can't do everything you want for free. SOMEBODY gotta kick in. so unless you living off of chicks, ya mama, some rich friend, or you're a rich trust fund kid. how on earth can you afford to not have a 9 to 5 unless you have a trade or a talent that you can make enough money to live off of. i know some go the illegal route..thats a choice but we know that choice opens you up to other possible downfalls.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
REPPED.
The truth.
fukk that, I'm trying to go all out before I end up like that. fukk that 9-5 life. Maybe that's why I've been making music and pushing myself so hard doing it.
I'm trying to use music to tour the world and DJ places I've never been and make more money then I would working a regular job.
i hear all that. and i ain loving the 9 to 5 either. but let me ask you a question. while you're getting your rap on, dj on, singing on... etc. how are you feeding yourself? be honest.
how are you sleeping at night?(who you staying with and how are you paying rent? are you paying any rent?
how are you keeping ya clothes right? who's buying ya clothes?
if you're rapping how do you have money for mics? equipment? studio time(if you use ya homeboys house, you kicking him some change? equipment is cheaper now but it aint free, electric is running bills are due.

i'm asking cause a lot of young to old heads be on this same kick without being real. you can't do everything you want for free. SOMEBODY gotta kick in. so unless you living off of chicks, ya mama, some rich friend, or you're a rich trust fund kid. how on earth can you afford to not have a 9 to 5 unless you have a trade or a talent that you can make enough money to live off of. i know some go the illegal route..thats a choice but we know that choice opens you up to other possible downfalls.

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:umad: NYC government workers only have to put 25 years in for the full invested pension system to work.

Be in your 40's and retire:banderas:

NYC still offers pensions? Dammit, most government workers in Michigan are in the 401k plan, they switched over from the pension plan in the late 1990's. I have a cousin that started as a prison c/o in 1994 he's going to retire in 2019 with a $3,500 /month pension, that goes a long way in Detroit.

Daps
00000000000000000000000000029537This aint life, its the design the Human has made it to be. Nothing in life HAS to be the way it is. We literally give worth to everything. And make ourselves believe it has to be this way for the world to turn. That's why I have no faith in humanity. Because we are so fukking retarded to not understand that this system only benefits the rich to get richer and the poor people are always subjugated slaves. But we never ever do anything about it. We let the poor starve, let the rich be greedy a$$holes, and pretend like diamonds are really expensive just because they tinkle and glisten. shyt is retarded.

On the other hand, you can't survive with no money in THIS world, so either shyt or get off the pot. Understand the problem, but don't think you can be above the problem, cause then you starve, and become a walking fool.

Yes, you can. There are people/isolated groups on this planet who make no money and live. Just look at some Amazonian / Oceanian / African tribes. They've been living without money for several millennia now.

But the catch is that they have to make their own clothes, hunt/cook their own food, create their own shelter and everything.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
With That Attitude You Won't Even Get To Retire You Gonna Work For The Rest Of Your Life lol And Live Miserably

Going To Niagara Falls In 3 Weeks And Hawaii In 6 Months, Might Check Out DC For The fukk Of It In July

All Thanks To Having A Job, Oh And I'll Retire At 55 While You Still Got 30 Years Of Work Left

:umad:

Don't Hate Life, Ride The Wave, The Only Alternative Is Homlessness, Death Or Winning The Lottery

55? You might as well kill yourself