Working just to retire around 65 and die within 10 years

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I usually hate spoken word, but this is relevant to the thread -

There are other alternatives to living life looking forward to your vacay "3 weeks" and "6 months" ahead bruh. And homelessness isn't one of them...

I Enjoy The Little Things In Life Too :manny:

Hit The Movies The Other Day, Took A Jog In Central Park W My Girl Yesterday Then Had Lunch, Hitting Up Yankees Games, Hitting Up The Mall For A Mini Shopping Spree. I Dunno I Enjoy My Life.

Maybe It's The Competitive Nature With Myself But I Love Trying To Top My Previous Paycheck On A Bi Weekly Basis. I Can't Relate To These Cats That Feel An Emptyness Inside Them From Feeling Trapped In Their Everyday Life, I Just Can't.

That's Not A Knock On Anybody, I Don't Expect Eveyone To Want The Same Things Out Of Life, But At The Same Time Cats Should Project Their Misery Onto Others Thinking Just Cause They Hate Their Worklife The Rest Of Us Do Too

ThaBronxBully

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
55? You might as well kill yourself

I'd Love To See Your Retirement Plan :ehh:

I'd Have 3 Sources Of Income (Possibly 4) Without Lifting A Finger

Not To Mention The Money I'd Make Selling My Property And The Thousands I'd Cash Out Of My 2 Life Insurance Plans (While Still Keeping Them Active)

I Hope You Have A Better Plan Then Hopes & Dreams

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
:francis:Im tired of hearing this bullshyt about "escaping" the 9-5. Ive been running my own businesses since 19 and let me tell you if 9-5 is too much, just give up on life and live off the system and other people. Cuz being independent means i sometimes work 18 hour days, im never really "off the clock" because business is happening 24 hours a day in some part of the world its always 9am. You either work... Or work harder. Theres no easy way to financial freedom

how old are you now?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I Enjoy The Little Things In Life Too :manny:

Hit The Movies The Other Day, Took A Jog In Central Park W My Girl Yesterday Then Had Lunch, Hitting Up Yankees Games, Hitting Up The Mall For A Mini Shopping Spree. I Dunno I Enjoy My Life.

Maybe It's The Competitive Nature With Myself But I Love Trying To Top My Previous Paycheck On A Bi Weekly Basis. I Can't Relate To These Cats That Feel An Emptyness Inside Them From Feeling Trapped In Their Everyday Life, I Just Can't.

That's Not A Knock On Anybody, I Don't Expect Eveyone To Want The Same Things Out Of Life, But At The Same Time Cats Should Project Their Misery Onto Others Thinking Just Cause They Hate Their Worklife The Rest Of Us Do Too

The vast majority of Americans hate the rat race, they do it just because they have to. Also, you implied that there was no way out of it outside of death, homelessness or winning the lottery and you got at dude for having a different mindstate, just look at the first response -

With That Attitude You Won't Even Get To Retire You Gonna Work For The Rest Of Your Life lol And Live Miserably

All Thanks To Having A Job, Oh And I'll Retire At 55 While You Still Got 30 Years Of Work Left

:umad:

Don't Hate Life, Ride The Wave, The Only Alternative Is Homlessness, Death Or Winning The Lottery

shyt is condescending as hell :yeshrug: My friend had basically the same mindset as @RawDro & @1984, he's living in Indonesia now making $60,000 in a country where people make $3500 a year. He had enough free time to become a master scuba diver and is opening his own diving school, if he just rode the wave he'd still be here in the US working until he's 55, he made enough in the last 3 years to retire right now if he wanted to and he's in his early 30s.

Not every path in life is the same, not everyone wants the same thing you do.

Daps
What kinda job y'all nikkas got? People retire from my job millionaires...my supervisor got 4mil n the bank and WONT retire (basically the nikka come from nothing and want to set up generational wealth) Besides I get 7 consecutive days off every month plus two weekends to do whatever the fukk I want. Y'all wanna turn down free money from a company?! (Yea if u got a 401k the company is also investing in your retirement) oh yea who says u have to retire a 65? Most of my professors retired early with bank and decided to go teach the craft because them nikkas was bored with bank. It's all in your craft that YOU decide to pursue but don't knock the working man that's saving for his FAMILY's well being when he's dead and gone!

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
What kinda job y'all nikkas got? People retire from my job millionaires...my supervisor got 4mil n the bank and WONT retire (basically the nikka come from nothing and want to set up generational wealth) Besides I get 7 consecutive days off every month plus two weekends to do whatever the fukk I want. Y'all wanna turn down free money from a company?! (Yea if u got a 401k the company is also investing in your retirement) oh yea who says u have to retire a 65? Most of my professors retired early with bank and decided to go teach the craft because them nikkas was bored with bank. It's all in your craft that YOU decide to pursue but don't knock the working man that's saving for his FAMILY's well being when he's dead and gone!
if your job really has millionaires, you have enough common sense to know 99% of people aren't retiring with M's in the bank....you just said that like the average American worker got 4 million like your supervisor :mjlol:......

ThaBronxBully

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The vast majority of Americans hate the rat race, they do it just because they have to. Also, you implied that there was no way out of it outside of death, homelessness or winning the lottery and you got at dude for having a different mindstate, just look at the first response -

shyt is condescending as hell :yeshrug: My friend had basically the same mindset as @RawDro & @1984, he's living in Indonesia now making $60,000 in a country where people make $3500 a year. He had enough free time to become a master scuba diver and is opening his own diving school, if he just rode the wave he'd still be here in the US working until he's 55, he made enough in the last 3 years to retire right now if he wanted to and he's in his early 30s.

Not every path in life is the same, not everyone wants the same thing you do.

Got A Lil Condescending Cause I See This Alot On Here, Nothing Against The OP Personally But I See Alot Of Complaining And No Planning On Here.

Your Friend Might Be In A Good Space In Life Now But I'm Sure It Took Hardwork And Sacrifice, Dude Picked Up Everything And Left To Live In A Foreign Country.

How Many Complaining Are Willing To Work Hard And Sacrafice When Hard Work And Sacrafice Seem To Be The Very Thing They're Running From?

Daps
if your job really has millionaires, you have enough common sense to know 99% of people aren't retiring with M's in the bank....you just said that like the average American worker got 4 million like your supervisor :mjlol:......

My point was its up to YOU to chose the correct field...if u wanna be average pick an AVERAGE career

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
how old are you now?
:flabbynsick:34....but I've never been able to deal w authority without challenging it, or deal with the world without wanting to change it. Thats why I'm independent, it's not just something you wake up and do. And it is definitely the hard way. The easy way is following the rules, getting a good job and doing just enough to keep it long enough to retire.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got A Lil Condescending Cause I See This Alot On Here, Nothing Against The OP Personally But I See Alot Of Complaining And No Planning On Here.

Your Friend Might Be In A Good Space In Life Now But I'm Sure It Took Hardwork And Sacrifice, Dude Picked Up Everything And Left To Live In A Foreign Country.

How Many Complaining Are Willing To Work Hard And Sacrafice When Hard Work And Sacrafice Seem To Be The Very Thing They're Running From?
its actually deeper than running from hardwork... but they are running from a certain TYPE of sacrifice. people work hard everyday on their 9 to 5's and still hate it to death with or without making a good living. because depending on the person if you dont like/love what you do but you still have bills to pay. there's not always the chance to get paid enough to have certain luxuries while doing what you love to do. thats something the self help books and the "make millions" books wont tell you.

there is a reality out there that says what if what i want to do is not something i can make bank off of. so now what? gotta pay rent. so i need a 9 to 5. wack but it is what it is. but i hate it. now what?

now there's that certain sacrifice you can make to be your own boss and /or move to some strange place and try your hand at something else that might pan out the way you want it to. doing that is scary as hell. and most people are naturally afraid of the unknown.

fear does not mean you're lazy. it means you're afraid.

some people are not born with that kind of fear which is why only a select few make that leap.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
1. Enjoy life while you work. You have vacation days for a reason. And if you don't then save up, eat missing a check and get away for your sanity.

2. No one successful ever really retires.

3. Diversification is real. Even if its on BS skills. Show competency in ANYTHING tangible and its a marketable skill. I'm about to hire a cat at my job just for screen printing. Dude currently works at call center, i'm bout to feed a young black man cuz he didn't fall off on skills. Keep all your skills and you can find a job that isnt really "work" :win:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't HAVE to retire at 65. You can retire way before then. It's just that you aren't entitled to social security or age based investments until you're 65. This is why I don't like 401ks and IRAs.