Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
naw u forget
zzzzxxxx.jpg
He died at 23 tho. Never got to see his prime

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I know Floyd called him out...he called out Mosley too. Risk didn't equal reward for them, so they avoided him.

Regardless breh, Judah is one of the least intelligent top Welterweights of this era (last 30 years), so if he could outsmart Floyd for half a fight...then Sweet Pea would've had Floyd looking silly, DLH would've gave him that work, and Trinidad would've busted him up being that they were all MUCH more intelligent than Judah was between those ropes.

However, Judah is the only prime Welterweight Floyd ever faced...and Judah won 4 of the 1st 6 rounds by "out smarting Floyd". If prime Judah could outsmart him for 4 of the 1st 6 rounds, then imagine the card vs a prime SRL/Duran/Hearns/Sweet Pea/DLH/Tito?:ohhh:

That's all I'm saying....we all know Judah loses badly to all 6 of them in their prime:mjpls:
If you feel he lacked intelligence, I think has to do more with his mental stability

But lets not act like Zab back in those days wasn't an above average boxer both physically or mentally.

Zab just out slicked him for a few rounds.. Outsmarted him on a boxing standpoint.

But Floyd adjusted and Zab faded.. But Floyd always respected Zab and still fukks with him to this day

Regardless on how you feel about Zab, he made Floyd look BAD imo in the first half of that fight.

I mean, we could go with would'ves and could'ves, but lets not forget that Zabs BIGGEST flaws was his stamina and mental stability in his prime.

And regardless, Floyd takes advantage of a fighters flaws. Name a fighter without one

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I disagree I think Floyd was more well rounded. I personally think versatility is the goat attribute in the ring. But since srl went all the way up to 160 and is ATG at 160 he too big for floyd

What could Floyd do offensively that SRL couldn't?

Again, we basically arguing prime versions of these monsters. All 3 of em are 99 overalls to me:heh:

Hearns had the weakest chin, but was perfect everywhere else.

SRL had the weakest defense, but was perfect everywhere else.

Floyd had the least power, but was perfect everywhere else.

:manny:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
What could Floyd do offensively that SRL couldn't?

Again, we basically arguing prime versions of these monsters. All 3 of em are 99 overalls to me:heh:

Hearns had the weakest chin, but was perfect everywhere else.

SRL had the weakest defense, but was perfect everywhere else.

Floyd had the least power, but was perfect everywhere else.

:manny:
Floyd got better ring iq. To dominate the way he did with decent power and good athleticism is impressive. Floyd is the goat techinican becuase he had to work harder than any of these other nikkas

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
what if tho.....I just think he the best pure skilled boxer ive seen.

u know Mexicans are usually sluggers/pressure guys.

Im not talkin about,legacy.....just pure technical skills he the best imo.:banderas:
I agree oscar, canelo, and sandchez are better fighters than Chaves. Chaves just had longevity and a robbery of sweet pea

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
offensively no, leonard threw better combos and better hand speed.
but overall package, i think floyd is better. i wouldnt consider leonard a plus defensive fighter
plus when it comes to adjustments, ring smarts, etc, i would give floyd the nod.
cant go wrong with either of them

I agree.

I just think the reason people make Floyd the goat to them ("he never lost") is stupid because Floyd era didn't contain the strongest competition at 147 during that time (just like Jordan vs SGs in his era)...however, just like Jordan again, his talent is so OBVIOUS that you can SEE clearly he's one of THEM:

GOATs.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
If you feel he lacked intelligence, I think has to do more with his mental stability

But lets not act like Zab back in those days wasn't an above average boxer both physically or mentally.

Zab just out slicked him for a few rounds.. Outsmarted him on a boxing standpoint.

But Floyd adjusted and Zab faded.. But Floyd always respected Zab and still fukks with him to this day

Regardless on how you feel about Zab, he made Floyd look BAD imo in the first half of that fight.

I mean, we could go with would'ves and could'ves, but lets not forget that Zabs BIGGEST flaws was his stamina and mental stability in his prime.

And regardless, Floyd takes advantage of a fighters flaws. Name a fighter without one

Breh...I was a Zab Judah stan. I stanned him like I stanned AB now.

Judah was not a smart fighter, he was just very skilled offensively & defensively...with excellent athleticism and power. His iq WAS his weakness. That and his chin were his only hindrance from being "the next Sweet Pea" as they thought he would be.

Judah's ring IQ was nowhere the level of none of those...those are 6 of the smartest Welterweights of All-time ever in the ring. Judah has the ring iq more on the line with Devon Alexander.

If he could outsmart Floyd, then it really reinforces the thought that Floyds undefeated record wouldnt exist if he debuted 10 - 20 years earlier.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Floyd got better ring iq. To dominate the way he did with decent power and good athleticism is impressive. Floyd is the goat techinican becuase he had to work harder than any of these other nikkas

How?

SRL & Hearns are BOTH Welterweight GOATs....who also went all the way up to be Light Heavyweight Champion.

Floyd has never faced a fighter even close to a prime Marvin Hagler......at Middleweight. They have and SRL, off a 3 year absence and no tune-up, had to use every trick in the book to even stay close to that Beast.

No way did Floyd have to work harder when he only went up 24 lbs...and they went up 29 lbs. Hell, Duran started as a Super Bantamweight and won a Championship as Middleweight...that's 38 lbs up. They fought guys much bigger just like Floyd did.

They are all GOATs for a reason breh.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
How?

SRL & Hearns are BOTH Welterweight GOATs....who also went all the way up to be Light Heavyweight Champion.

Floyd has never faced a fighter even close to a prime Marvin Hagler......at Middleweight. They have and SRL, off a 3 year absence and no tune-up, had to use every trick in the book to even stay close to that Beast.

No way did Floyd have to work harder when he only went up 24 lbs...and they went up 29 lbs. Hell, Duran started as a Super Bantamweight and won a Championship as Middleweight...that's 38 lbs up. They fought guys much bigger just like Floyd did.

They are all GOATs for a reason breh.
Each of them had more natural talent than floyd