WTF is with people running on concrete?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Im a brotha and i run home from work daily.

If your joints cant take cement then thats on you but ive logged a few hundred miles on sidewalk this year with zero problems
You might not have any problems now but you'll probably be feeling later on in your life.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Where else are you supposed to run? :dwillhuh:

Not everybody has a track nearby. Although there are some football and soccer fields near my crib that I run on.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Brazilian Jiujitsu is better then running but i cant say its better for your joints. My knees are rice crispy status. To much butterfly guard.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I just started running for real this summer and my knees are definitely feeling it. Cheap ass shoes don't help neither, even with the inner soles. Need to get me a bike

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Is a dirt trail really going to save your joints in the long run?

Dirt trails are still a pretty rough surface on top of fukking up your kicks. No thanks :scusthov:

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Boxers have been running on concrete since forever and they're feet seem to be fine :yeshrug:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Is a dirt trail really going to save your joints in the long run?

Dirt trails are still a pretty rough surface on top of fukking up your kicks. No thanks :scusthov:
fukking up your kicks profusely is what running is all about. dirt trails are waaaaayyy more forgiving to your joints than solid cement/pavement. i prefer trail over anything, just make sure you invest in good trail shoes and one that preferably has a rock plate.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
... I run to prepare for real life. Not to be in the olympics. If i gotta run and leave a nikka i'ma be leaving him on concrete. Not a grass or asphalt. So i run on concrete, in nikes, around my neighborhood. Just like it would be if i was really running from a nikka. Proper preparation prevents problems.

+ i like running on the street more then a track or treadmill. You actually get to see people, get to know your city better, find all kinds of cuts. Better than staring at the same machine or track for an hour.

And i really don't think its that bad for your joints either.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/top-10-running-surfaces/152.html

i've read up on this over the last couple years and it's actually conflicting with some people having more issues with soft surfaces too due to the way their feet strike the ground during a run.

i personally would rather run stairs or sprint across a grass field for cardio but i always worry that i'm gonna hit a hole or bump in the grass and fukk my shyt up so i never go 100%, more like 90% with a bit of caution.