WWE is racist because America is racist.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Let's be real....WWE clearly has an agenda.

They forcibly push these cacs at the expense of colored talent

They obviously feel compelled based on the racial diaspora of America and the favoritism of whites over other races.

Of course they want Ronda Rousey to be featured in a high profile fued with a blonde hair blue eyed "typical suburban American sweetheart" instead of a more talented and deserving woman of color...

Why?

Because that's what "America" wants

:dame:
More talented woman of color? Please don’t tell you mean Nia Jax?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s not even a sports thing since in football basketball and boxing, black people are acknowledged and celebrated as athletic superiors and they treat those black athletes with admiration.....while they’re wearing the jersey. But in UFC, the black championship level fighters are disliked. I remember the presser at the first UFC MSG show and every fighter of colored got booed. It’s something in MMA & WWE where that’s different. Now, I think black top guys would be MORE accepted in WWE since their fanbase is far more reflective of the world than UFC’s

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It's a TV show

this is literally like saying "How come there aren't any black kings on Games of Thrones"

because it's a written TV show :mjlol:

It's NOT a meritocracy
It's not always about "what will sell" or "putting on the best show" or "what the fans want"

There is NO verifiable criteria for what deserves or gets pushed in WWE outside of "what the TV producers of the show want"

The sooner you understand that, the easier it is to either watch or not watch.

If you are hoping for some type of "racial validation" through the WWE champion then :ufdup: anyway.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
It’s not even a sports thing since in football basketball and boxing, black people are acknowledged and celebrated as athletic superiors and they treat those black athletes with admiration.....while they’re wearing the jersey. But in UFC, the black championship level fighters are disliked. I remember the presser at the first UFC MSG show and every fighter of colored got booed. It’s something in MMA & WWE where that’s different. Now, I think black top guys would be MORE accepted in WWE since their fanbase is far more reflective of the world than UFC’s

MMA fans are dumber on average tbh

Been a fan since 08, and I swear not even in regards to race, just the shyt these Wally Cleaver ass fukks spout and believe about sports and life in general is mindbogglingly.

I haven't watched wrestling faithfully since around '01 and I just shake my head at the missed opportunities they could have.

And they have had the talent which is the annoying part.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's a TV show

this is literally like saying "How come there aren't any black kings on Games of Thrones"

because it's a written TV show :mjlol:

It's NOT a meritocracy
It's not always about "what will sell" or "putting on the best show" or "what the fans want"

There is NO verifiable criteria for what deserves or gets pushed in WWE outside of "what the TV producers of the show want"

The sooner you understand that, the easier it is to either watch or not watch.

If you are hoping for some type of "racial validation" through the WWE champion then :ufdup: anyway.

Any other TV show would be cancelled if the ratings nosedived from the point of the InVasion until now though. They're really lucky that they get to flip flop from sports and entertainment because from both spectrums they don't touch their competitors.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Any other TV show would be cancelled if the ratings nosedived from the point of the InVasion until now though. They're really lucky that they get to flip flop from sports and entertainment because from both spectrums they don't touch their competitors.

this is not true.

"Any other TV show would be cancelled"?

"they don't touch their competitors"?

They just had a damn bidding war from two mega media conglomerates :mjlol:

The "ratings" have dropped (like all of television with the takeover the internet the last 10 years and streaming services the last 5) but WWE is a ratings + for cable stations

These are the ratings from Cable TV last week:

UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 6.11.2018 | Showbuzz Daily

Sorry for the mess below but this is from the website (bold emphasis mine)

CABLE HIGHLIGHTS: VH1’s LOVE & HIP-HOP took Monday cable, up 0.08 to 1.10, with BASKETBALL WIVES up 0.06 to 0.91, and SHAUNIE’S HOME COURT down to 0.48/0.41 from last week’s 0.53/0.47. USA’s WWE telecast was at 0.97/0.93/0.91 compared to last week’s 0.87/0.86/0.82, and NINJA VS NINJA was up 0.09 to 0.32 . The North Korean summit was a jackpot for Fox News and particularly HANNITY, which zoomed to 0.79/1.23/5.9M, with CNN’s CUOMO PRIME TIME at 0.57/0.75/2.4M, and MSNBC’s 3-hour SPECIAL COVERAGE at 0.29/0.41/2.4M. On MTV, TEEN MOM ticked up to 0.72, and YOUNG & PREGNANT ticked down to 0.45. On Discovery, STREET OUTLAWS was at 0.66 compared to last week’s 0.57/0.45, and AMERICAN CHOPPER was down 0.02 to 0.44. On HGTV, HOUSE HUNTERS ticked up to 0.34, LOVE IT OR LIST IT slipped 0.02 to 0.33, and HOUSE HUNTERS INTL was up 0.02 to 0.31. History’s AMERICAN PICKERS was steady at 0.30. On Food Network, BEST BAKER IN AMERICA dropped 0.04 to 0.30, and CHOPPED was down 0.04 to 0.22. On ID, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES gained 0.05 to 0.28, and REAL STORY was at 0.26. Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY was at 0.26, and MILLION DOLLAR LISTING returned at 0.22. Freeform’s DISNEY FAIRY TALE WEDDINGS premiered at 0.17. TLC’s WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE shed 0.02 to 0.15. AMC’s DIETLAND had no traction, down 0.05 to 0.11 (and this time without simulcasts), and after-show UNAPOLOGETIC held at 0.06. A&E’s DAVID CASSIDY special was at 0.09.

It was the second highest cable TV show last week (4th if you count the North Korean special on MSNBC and FOX). The "ratings" argument is tired. WWE is not doing Attitude era numbers, but TV numbers are down HUGE.

I don't understand why people don't understand this. The WWE posts quarter after quarter record profits, they just signed two HUGE TV deals, and the argument is "the ratings are bad" as if you, me, and people on Twitter know more than FOX and NBC Universal executives :mjlol: (spoiler...we don't :manny:)

again my point stands, it's a cable TV produced product. It's not based on merit. They care about the audience as much as they need to. It's clear they are doing fine with or without our support in regards to their willingness to book black people how we want them to book :yeshrug:

Enjoy it for what it is and maybe things change, or don't.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
this is not true.

"Any other TV show would be cancelled"?

"they don't touch their competitors"?

They just had a damn bidding war from two mega media conglomerates :mjlol:

The "ratings" have dropped (like all of television with the takeover the internet the last 10 years and streaming services the last 5) but WWE is a ratings + for cable stations

These are the ratings from Cable TV last week:

UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 6.11.2018 | Showbuzz Daily

Sorry for the mess below but this is from the website (bold emphasis mine)

CABLE HIGHLIGHTS: VH1’s LOVE & HIP-HOP took Monday cable, up 0.08 to 1.10, with BASKETBALL WIVES up 0.06 to 0.91, and SHAUNIE’S HOME COURT down to 0.48/0.41 from last week’s 0.53/0.47. USA’s WWE telecast was at 0.97/0.93/0.91 compared to last week’s 0.87/0.86/0.82, and NINJA VS NINJA was up 0.09 to 0.32 . The North Korean summit was a jackpot for Fox News and particularly HANNITY, which zoomed to 0.79/1.23/5.9M, with CNN’s CUOMO PRIME TIME at 0.57/0.75/2.4M, and MSNBC’s 3-hour SPECIAL COVERAGE at 0.29/0.41/2.4M. On MTV, TEEN MOM ticked up to 0.72, and YOUNG & PREGNANT ticked down to 0.45. On Discovery, STREET OUTLAWS was at 0.66 compared to last week’s 0.57/0.45, and AMERICAN CHOPPER was down 0.02 to 0.44. On HGTV, HOUSE HUNTERS ticked up to 0.34, LOVE IT OR LIST IT slipped 0.02 to 0.33, and HOUSE HUNTERS INTL was up 0.02 to 0.31. History’s AMERICAN PICKERS was steady at 0.30. On Food Network, BEST BAKER IN AMERICA dropped 0.04 to 0.30, and CHOPPED was down 0.04 to 0.22. On ID, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES gained 0.05 to 0.28, and REAL STORY was at 0.26. Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY was at 0.26, and MILLION DOLLAR LISTING returned at 0.22. Freeform’s DISNEY FAIRY TALE WEDDINGS premiered at 0.17. TLC’s WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE shed 0.02 to 0.15. AMC’s DIETLAND had no traction, down 0.05 to 0.11 (and this time without simulcasts), and after-show UNAPOLOGETIC held at 0.06. A&E’s DAVID CASSIDY special was at 0.09.

It was the second highest cable TV show last week (4th if you count the North Korean special on MSNBC and FOX). The "ratings" argument is tired. WWE is not doing Attitude era numbers, but TV numbers are down HUGE.

I don't understand why people don't understand this. The WWE posts quarter after quarter record profits, they just signed two HUGE TV deals, and the argument is "the ratings are bad" as if you, me, and people on Twitter know more than FOX and NBC Universal executives :mjlol: (spoiler...we don't :manny:)

again my point stands, it's a cable TV produced product. It's not based on merit. They care about the audience as much as they need to. It's clear they are doing fine with or without our support in regards to their willingness to book black people how we want them to book :yeshrug:

Enjoy it for what it is and maybe things change, or don't.

On the sports side, that deal doesn't touch what the NBA, MLB, NFL or even the NHL is getting. I didn't compare to Attitude Era ratings, I'm saying they're not even reaching post-Attitude Era numbers.these days. Also Meltzer wrote some time last year that WWE ratings are falling quicker than other shows in comparison.

Fox only made the deal because they're throwing scripted shows in the bushes because once they sell to Comcast or Disney, they won't have a TV production arm anymore.

All I'm saying is everything isn't fine just because Vince conned Rupert Murdock into over spending on his B Brand.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
On the sports side, that deal doesn't touch what the NBA, MLB, NFL or even the NHL is getting. I didn't compare to Attitude Era ratings, I'm saying they're not even reaching post-Attitude Era numbers.these days.

Fox only made the deal because they're throwing scripted shows in the bushes because once they sell to Comcast or Disney, they won't have a TV production arm anymore.

It's a silly argument

"ratings are down"

well according to FOX, NBCU, and WWE...their ratings are fine.

Their lack of a black champion (and any/ ALL of their other asinine decisions over the years) have not effected the bottom line nearly as it has effected people complaining online who still support the product.

Comparing it to the NBA doesn't matter...the WWE is not a real sport.

Again, ANY argument about "ratings" is completely arbitrary. You and I do not know MORE about the value of the WWE's ratings than the executives of major media companies and the WWE.

This argument boils down to one thing and it's not ratings. It boils down to the people's dissatisfaction with how a TV show decides to use their characters. If you don't like it, don't watch. I watch it because it's stupid entertainment that I've loved since I was a kid. But any argument about the "high level metrics" within the WWE (TV ratings, Ad revenue, Stock price, shareholder support, etc. etc.) is 100% misguided. As much as you think you know about how things "should be" you have to admit to yourself you don't know enough.

preemptive rebuttal:

No dude...you seriously don't know enough. And neither do I. But if the decision makers at WWE really felt that they needed a boost in any of the metrics that I mentioned earlier, they would pivot. If you plan on telling me that your opinion means more than executives of these media entities and WWE themselves, please save yourself the keystrokes.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's a silly argument

"ratings are down"

well according to FOX, NBCU, and WWE...their ratings are fine.

Their lack of a black champion (and any/ ALL of their other asinine decisions over the years) have not effected the bottom line nearly as it has effected people complaining online who still support the product.

Comparing it to the NBA doesn't matter...the WWE is not a real sport.

Again, ANY argument about "ratings" is completely arbitrary. You and I do not know MORE about the value of the WWE's ratings than the executives of major media companies and the WWE.

This argument boils down to one thing and it's not ratings. It boils down to the people's dissatisfaction with how a TV show decides to use their characters. If you don't like it, don't watch. I watch it because it's stupid entertainment that I've loved since I was a kid. But any argument about the "high level metrics" within the WWE (TV ratings, Ad revenue, Stock price, shareholder support, etc. etc.) is 100% misguided. As much as you think you know about how things "should be" you have to admit to yourself you don't know enough.

preemptive rebuttal:

No dude...you seriously don't know enough. And neither do I. But if the decision makers at WWE really felt that they needed a boost in any of the metrics that I mentioned earlier, they would pivot. If you plan on telling me that your opinion means more than executives of these media entities and WWE themselves, please save yourself the keystrokes.

So wait who do we compare WWE to if we can't compare their deal to real sports? Fox is basically using WWE to replace a real sport in UFC and no TV show would dare put on 5 hours of primetime content on every week week because that would burn out the writers.

Edit: I've been following TV ratings since 2005 when I wanted to figure out why my favorite shows kept getting cancelled early, so I know how to read those numbers.