X-Men '92 Crew pushing for a Comeback

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They keep doing more of them and Disney is in the business of making money. So yeah, I gotta say the kids are happy with them. Obviously I'm not conversing with any children on the regular:russ: but I'd believe the numbers are there if they keep producing them.

As far as Disney +, looks like Hulu will be the place for more adult oriented toons. Howard the Duck is the first one they've announced. No clue if they're going to do more than that.

3 others w/ Howard plus one tying them all together:

Marvel Studios and its parent company Disney have been pulling back on their association with Netflix, ahead of the launch of Disney’s own streaming service. As Netflix loses its licenses to stream Disney films, and cancels its interconnected Marvel shows (so far: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil, with The Punisher and Jessica Jones still awaiting word), Marvel is apparently forging a stronger connection with Hulu. News came out of the Television Critics Association uprights today that Marvel and Hulu will be partnering on four animated Marvel shows: MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler, and Howard the Duck. The plan apparently calls for all four series to cross over in a special called The Offenders, much as Netflix’s Marvel shows crossed over in the limited series The Defenders.

Of the four series, Howard the Duck — based on a character created by Steve Gerber in 1973, and previously made into a deeply derided 1986 live-action movie — is likely to be the most familiar property for casual audiences. Filmmaker Kevin Smith and Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Squidbillies co-creator Dave Willis are signed to write and executive produce the show. MODOK will be written and executive produced by Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb will oversee all four animated series.

No timeline has been released for the shows, but given the long lead time on animation, it’s unlikely any of them will premiere before 2020.

Hulu released the following descriptions of the planned shows:

Howard the Duck:

Marvel’s Howard The Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu.

MODOK:

Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family.

Hit-Monkey:

Marvel’s Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.

Tigra & Dazzler:

Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb.

The Offenders:

Marvel’s The Offenders, is a story in which nobody asked them to — and we’d be better off if they didn’t — but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. Jeph Loeb will executive produce.

Hulu, Marvel greenlight four connected animated series

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif
tumblr_mrq0inF0Q71qkirnno1_400.gif
giphy.gif

They better RE-hire the same team that did Wolverine vs Hulk...:ufdup:
I need to watch this after work

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I'm torn. On one hand I grew up on this so I wouldn't complain if it came back, but on the other hand I feel they're reviving old shyt too much these days.

I wonder if the series would take place in the 90s, or if they would timeskip to the 2010s and have all the characters 20 years older. Or just do the Simpsons thing where it's the current year but the characters stay the same age.

Start on the Morrison run

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kids still like playing with toys these days? I wouldn't be surprised if it's more adults buying them for themselves.

Gotta lean on @BXKingPin82 for that one since he has a kid. Like I said before, I don’t converse much on playgrounds for market research. But you’re more than welcome to take that plunge :sitdown:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Gotta lean on @BXKingPin82 for that one since he has a kid. Like I said before, I don’t converse much on playgrounds for market research. But you’re more than welcome to take that plunge :sitdown:
shyt. I got more toys than him to be honest.
Them tablets is the wave for kids tho.
Hes actually playing some Roblox game on xbox right now.
He'll be on that for hours.
Which is good. Cause i wanna catch up on Drink Champs without being bothered.
:noreha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There is Young Justice: Outsiders. However, Marvel cartoons have usually been lower in quality than DC cartoons.

Kids networks nowadays are just lazy and don't want to take risks anymore. Cartoon Network & Nickelodeon don't want to air real action cartoons anymore because it's takes to more time and money to make. Also, the executives at these channels believe that kids today "wouldn't understand" cartoons that are not silly, goofy, comedic, light-hearted.

Last year, Cartoon Network turned down the revival of Swat Kats, even though, the creators of Swat Kats desperately want to bring the show back. They turned it down because the creators of Swat Kats don't want to turn it into a cartoon like Teen Titans Go! and make it all silly and goofy.

Marvel had a hall of fame superhero show last year with Black Panther Quest but you could tell they cut the already shyt animation budget (compare it to "Avengers Assemble" cartoon) to green-light it. It was disappointing because the story was actually adult and engaging once you settled into it but the low budget was too glaring for a lot of people.

BP Quest

Prev Avengers Assemble season