null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I bet he'll get his own solo trilogy. And gets as much screen-time as Thor or Cap gets in the X-men movies.
Promise he will never be excluded entirely from a movie based on a comic he actually appeared in like Dark Phoenix. the thing about the MCU is they use all of the character. Nobody gets reduced to a cameo like Jubilee or Dazzler etc. Least amount you can expect is like War Machine.

Wolvie was never lead man in the Xmen comics.
He was pushed in the movies in that he was central to almost all of the important narratives to the expense of other characters.
For Xmen 1 and 2 that was fine I think but that was enough.

In the MCU they did the same with Iron Man - for example him creating Ultron and that meant that we ended up going with Laing,
The MCU worked in the end, they love Scott Laing so hey, people are not fussing about it.

Wolvie on the other hand.
He was not the one who should have traveled through time. In the comics that was Kitty.
He was not the one who struck the final (sort of) blow against Pheonix. That was Colossus.
There was no reason for him to be in First Class.
There was no reason for him to be in Apocalypse.

Storm was reduced to a plastic character whereas in the comics she ended up being equal to if not a more compelling character than Logan.
Same for the seldom seen Nightcrawler.
Cyclops was wasted.
Angel (big character in the comics) also wasted.

They should have scaled back on Wolverine and made the above 4 into more compelling characters.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I actually think the opposite. This shyt went so bad no one even noticed. If a mutant does a random cameo in the next 2 years (Storm in a small role in BP2 for example) it would be so well received. A movie as a whole yes but you can start sprinkling characters.

Spiderman came in Civil War like 2 years after the fiasco of Amazing Spiderman 2. It was well received.

FF are coming first.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Worst X-men movie ever.

You got the feeling everybody in the movie knew this movie was irrelevant, and it felt like it.

It felt like a mailed in performance.

Like one big blah.

Really depressing movie. The redundant theme of asking Jean if she is okay and Professor X saying he protected her was tiresome. :snoop:

The highlight of the movie was the train fight. :whoo: That was only time it felt like an X-men movie. Mutants coming together to fight using their unique powers/gifts. :whew:

Other than that, there really wasn't much to this movie. We saw this movie with The Last Stand. One of the weaker X-men films, but much better than this current Dark Phoenix.

Fox had some gems during the X-men run (X1,X2,First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, Deadpool 1,2).

End of an era.

First Class is :trash: .

Anyone who likes that travesty :pacspit: has never read the Byrne X-men classics.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wolvie was never lead man in the Xmen comics.
He was pushed in the movies in that he was central to almost all of the important narratives to the expense of other characters.
For Xmen 1 and 2 that was fine I think but that was enough.

In the MCU they did the same with Iron Man - for example him creating Ultron and that meant that we ended up going with Laing,
The MCU worked in the end, they love Scott Laing so hey, people are not fussing about it.

Wolvie on the other hand.
He was not the one who should have traveled through time. In the comics that was Kitty.
He was not the one who struck the final (sort of) blow against Pheonix. That was Colossus.
There was no reason for him to be in First Class.
There was no reason for him to be in Apocalypse.

Storm was reduced to a plastic character whereas in the comics she ended up being equal to if not a more compelling character than Logan.
Same for the seldom seen Nightcrawler.
Cyclops was wasted.
Angel (big character in the comics) also wasted.

They should have scaled back on Wolverine and made the above 4 into more compelling characters.

He had an ongoing solo comic before any of the x-men

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
He had an ongoing solo comic before any of the x-men

"Wolvie was never lead man in the Xmen comics."

This means that he was not the top man, the numero uno wrt to his team mates in the X-men series.

That was Cyclops, Storm and then Nightcrawler. Wolverine was a massive character but not so massive that he was the main thrust of the X-Men comics.

In fact with the new (Uncanny) X-Men Jean and Scott were initially the two big ones. Then after Jean died and Scott left the focus was on Storm and Kitty and Wolvie.

Storm was the leader of the Xmen and the Morlocks.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Finished watching and I feel like this

Not as bad as I thought.

Building the Dark Phoenix Character up should have been an 2 movie project tho.

Yes this movie wasn’t that bad. People may have hated it more than they should’ve.

Not even gonna compare it to the top....

But no maybe it wasn’t as good as Logan, Deadpool, Aquaman, Venom, etc

But it was better than Shazaam.

People overreacted:russ:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Finished watching and I feel like this

Yes this movie wasn’t that bad. People may have hated it more than they should’ve.

Not even gonna compare it to the top....

But no maybe it wasn’t as good as Logan, Deadpool, Aquaman, Venom, etc

But it was better than Shazaam.

People overreacted:russ:
Shazam didn't make me want to leave the theater or check my phone every 5 minutes