Xbox CFO Tim Stuart talks going 3rd party “we want gamepass on competitors hardware”

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The main issue is would Playstation users sub to an ea play version of gamepass? I think there's much more to lose for Microsoft if they start selling games on PS store because people will migrate to Sony. Then they would lose the 30% cut they get from third party games and microtransactions.
You could say the same thing about Amazon and Hulu, because you can subscribe to those services, then through them subscribe to Shudder, Max, Paramount+, etc. For the ease of access it's something they might do. Most gamers aren't like us on here or Twitter who are plugged into everything. They are casual normies who might like the convenience of only logging into one place and accessing stuff. Sony gets their cut, Microsoft gets their cut, then there's the cut both get from actual game sales.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
nikkas still begging for xbox games :mjlol:
Only two Xbox exclusives I even care about are "Jet Set Radio Future" and "Saints Row 1". Every other "exclusive" is either multi-plat with PC or Playstation :mjlol:

The Xbox is an irrelevant console. I guarantee you that if SEGA were to hop back into the console market, They would take 60% of Xbox's market share through exclusives alone.

What exclusive established IP's does Xbox have that aren't paid for?

SEGA has a treasure trove of IP's going back to the 80s

Hell, MIcrosoft has been dependent on SEGA for IPs since the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Does this apply to Apple as well?
If it goes through it would affect Apple too, and possible console storefronts. Unsure, how I feel about this because we could end up with a scenario where Ubisoft, EA, Take Two, Epic, Square , Capcom, and console manufacturers have their own storefronts on competing stores. This could result in more accounts being created, different store policies, shaky digital ownership, etc. Plus, you could see something where publishers pull their games on the main storefronts and force games to be purchased on their respective stoefronts.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If it goes through it would affect Apple too, and possible console storefronts. Unsure, how I feel about this because we could end up with a scenario where Ubisoft, EA, Take Two, Epic, Square , Capcom, and console manufacturers have their own storefronts on competing stores. This could result in more accounts being created, different store policies, shaky digital ownership, etc. Plus, you could see something where publishers pull their games on the main storefronts and force games to be purchased on their respective stoefronts.
Potentially or we just see see better revenue sharing.