Xbox Elite controller - $150

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Cocaine Biceps @Ciggavelli

Nah, I actually am familiar with the stick drift that Cocaine is talking about. In one of my Elite controllers, I had that issue. Considering I'm way past my warranty & I'm too afraid to do the "okie doke" send the controller back to best buy trick I decided to learn how to open up/dismantle my controllers and self-repair.

The left and right bumpers are actually connected. It's still plastic so the constant pressing down on the bumpers can bend the plastic and break it.

This is what it looked like dissected.

And here, after a successful replacement, I was able to salvage a fully intact bumper from an older unused controller and use it for my Elite.

Also, using a Q tip with some alcohol to clean the inner workings of the analog sticks has been shown to eliminate the stick drift. It helped for me too.

It was actually fun as shyt to do, also.

Again, this is only if the warranty is expired.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Nah, I actually am familiar with the stick drift that Cocaine is talking about. In one of my Elite controllers, I had that issue. Considering I'm way past my warranty & I'm too afraid to do the "okie doke" send the controller back to best buy trick I decided to learn how to open up/dismantle my controllers and self-repair.

The left and right bumpers are actually connected. It's still plastic so the constant pressing down on the bumpers can bend the plastic and break it.

And here, after a successful replacement, I was able to salvage a fully intact bumper from an older unused controller and use it for my Elite.

Also, using a Q tip with some alcohol to clean the inner workings of the analog sticks has been shown to eliminate the stick drift. It helped for me too.

Perform open heart surgery on a $150 controller brehs :merchant:
Fix your $150 controller with parts from your $60 controller brehs :merchant:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
nikkas turned their controllers into build your own gundam. they forgot they can actually play games with it. its microsoft's fault for cancelling so many games.

52004199a9fb4432192d44095ff98ff7.jpg

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I still haven't come across anyone in real life with an Elite controller. Are they worth $150 if you play a lot of different genres and are very competitive in multiplayer games?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If someone spent money on something... and the warranty is expired...

What am I supposed to do instead?

Funny thing is...it's because I loved the controller so much why I made sure I wouldn't have to through it in the bushes.

Brehs in here making a punchline from a grown nikka who's on his "bobby with the tool" shyt. :russ:

shyt is spooky.:picard:

I still haven't come across anyone in real life with an Elite controller. Are they worth $150 if you play a lot of different genres and are very competitive in multiplayer games?

Yes. The X1 controller is truly a beautiful design. It just feels amazing.

I remember playing with a PS3 controller in a NBA 2k tourny and my hands were just too big for it. It was like Carpal Tunnel was calling my name. shyt.

The Elite feels weight-er and gives so many options regarding how you want to control your game.

The warranty should be longer, though.

Speaking of which, I wonder if a new controller design will be announced w/ the Scorpio:ohhh:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
why in the fukk does this shyt cost 150?

Mostly supply and demand, the rest being metal parts, add ons, light bars, six axis, etc.

But really because they like jerking players. It costs next to nothing to build one ($10 for a Larry Box troller), however these overpriced accessories usually make them the most money, so guess what those cacs are going to do? They're gonna sell at a wide margin or retail. This is where the PC shines, 2nd party controllers are cheap and at this current day and age, far more reliable.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

I fix controllers quite a lot during my lifetime and I can say the XBox One controller is built really well. :ehh:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A year later...is it still worth $150? Does it make any difference in-game? Til this day, still never seen one or heard of anyone having one.
Yes it does make a difference. It's the best controller ive ever used. Sadly it's poorly built and mine began to drift...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Brehs what is the long term verdict?
I can't play dragon ball fighterz with that trash standard controller
You can get a refurbished elite Xbox bundle for $210 from Gamestop.
I’ve thought about getting that since it’s only $60 more than the controller by itself and I like having 2 of each console in the house for multiplayer on seperate TVs.