"You Can Only Avoid The Truth For So Long" Brook v Spence SHOWTIME 5/27 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.so you're going on record saying maidana wasnt much bigger than broner? lmao

2.Lol who's looking for a pass? Broner dared to be great and payed for it. Point is SPence has done nothing to PROVE he is of a higher skill level than Broner

3.Good for him,glad he brought them belts back

4.No fuss,just stating the obvious. Spence is good,can be great but his performance the other day wasnt all that from a SKILL STANDPOINT.

5.He finally changed his approach to break him down. It wasnt that same sequence i'm referring to that got to brook.

Yep....there's really nothing else to say. Broner "dared" to be great by fighting a guy that got embarrassed by Devon Alexander?? :snoop:

Meanwhile, going to Brook backyard in his 22nd fight in his first title match against an elite and big welterweight doesn't register to you as "daring to be great". I've heard it all. Everybody with a name that eventually campaigned at 147 beat Marcos (Khan, Devon, and Floyd), but yet he's the measuring stick for greatness? It must suck to see Spence leapfrog your boy on the "got next" ladder. :russ:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
1.Yep....there's really nothing else to say. Broner "dared" to be great by fighting a guy that got embarrassed by Devon Alexander?? :snoop:

2.Meanwhile, going to Brook backyard in his 22nd fight in his first title match against an elite and big welterweight doesn't register to you as "daring to be great". I've heard it all. Everybody with a name that eventually campaigned at 147 beat Marcos (Khan, Devon, and Floyd), but yet he's the measuring stick for greatness? 3.It must suck to see Spence leapfrog your boy on the "got next" ladder. :russ:
1.He dared to be great by hopping weight classes and fighting a dangerous 147 pounder after fighting at lightweight 17 months prior.
2.Spence didnt need to be double dog dared to beat someone that everyone (including the goat of this generation TBE) told him he would beat.
I've never heard of someone daring to fight someone that everybody said they can beat but ok.

3. Broner is a champ multiple times in multiple divisions and is the same age as Spence. Glad to see Spence join the champ's club

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

Been this listening to this shyt since the Truth came out to it on Saturday. :wow: :blessed:
lawd.png

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
We just have different opinions of what a "mistake" is. I don't care how you try to wrap it up with a bow on the tail end, it just sounds like you're taking away from the good job Spence did. He wins convincingly, you hollering about him making "way too many mistakes". But in the same breath you wanna chalk Broner catching the beats to Marcos as him simply "having big advantages" over Broner.:usure: Especially when that fight was nothing but a comedy of errors by Broner. He got knocked down cause he dropped both hands to defend what he thought was a jab to the stomach AND pulled straight back with his head.....amateur shyt. But continue on this crusade trying to tie Spence talent level to Broner's. :stopitslime:This the same guy that got a split decision with Paulie Malignaggi while every other elite welter he's faced TKO'd him (Garcia and Porter). :mjlol: Paulie hit him 214 times in that fight, but you wanna use a fight where the best counter puncher at 147, who's also elite and a world champion, hit Spence 136 times as your litmus test for how vulnerable he'll be in the future? :mindblown:

Quit trying to spin your backhanded compliment into some kinda informed opinion on boxing. The guy just went across the pond and beat an elite champion in his 22nd fight. You and your "way too many mistakes" and "failed punch sequence" can kick rocks......and hope Broner don't run into those Mikey Garcia problems at 140
:sas2:

Now :ufdup: with the Broner slander...especially using the Malignaggi fight:birdman:

You are aware that Paulie landed only 25% of the punches he threw at AB...while getting hit with 47% of the punches coming back at him?:usure:

You using total punches by saying Paulie landed 214.....but he missed 629 punches. That's 52 punches missed a round:ufdup:

Kell Brool was more accurate vs Spence than Malignaggi was vs Broner:comeon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ringsi...-spence-jr-vs-kell-brook-punch-statistics.amp

And Broner beats Mikey at 140...hes no Martinez or Salido

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yep....there's really nothing else to say. Broner "dared" to be great by fighting a guy that got embarrassed by Devon Alexander?? :snoop:

Meanwhile, going to Brook backyard in his 22nd fight in his first title match against an elite and big welterweight doesn't register to you as "daring to be great". I've heard it all. Everybody with a name that eventually campaigned at 147 beat Marcos (Khan, Devon, and Floyd), but yet he's the measuring stick for greatness? It must suck to see Spence leapfrog your boy on the "got next" ladder. :russ:

The Maidana that faced Broner and Floyd was NOT the same one who faced Alexander....unless you as a Floyd stan wanna say Alexander beat a guy on 1st try easier than Floyd was able too as well :mjpls:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Honestly i'm more impressed by broner's late rallies against maidana than i am about spence winning the brook fight

You were more impressed with Broner taking a couple rounds from Marcos, while in the middle of getting his ass kicked..............than you were with Spence going across the pond doing the ass kicking and making his opponent quit? Why?

Are you just an AB fan? Say you preferred the Antonio DeMarco performance, no reason to shyt on Spence here.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You were more impressed with Broner taking a couple rounds from Marcos, while in the middle of getting his ass kicked..............than you were with Spence going across the pond doing the ass kicking and making his opponent quit? Why?

Are you just an AB fan? Say you preferred the Antonio DeMarco performance, no reason to shyt on Spence here.
I never shytted on Spence and yes I was impressed more by Broner. Not cause he fought a better fight. But because I was initially concerned when he signed the fight,extra concerned when he got dropped and also concerned when he flopped seeking a DQ cause he was terrified from the beating He we getting. Despite that he battled back and had Chino hurt to the point Ariza seemingly used some smelling salts to help him. THAT vs A nikka finally getting rid of Brook after I've been told for years how great Spence was and how everyone said he was gonna beat Brooke ass. Then watching brook control and style on him over the first half of the fight,then eventually get ko'd.
Yea Spence did better
But Broner' s heart impressed me more than Spence skill or anything from the Brooke fight.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Man, Spence's win over Brook is better than any win in Broner's career, stop the bullshyt.
Spence just beat a legit top 3 (not now but he was) guy in what is widely considered as boxing's best division right now.
nikkas getting emotional and taking shyt out of context.
Great win. But considering what most people said about Spence prior to the fight,I wasn't THAT impressed. I expected to see even more

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
nikkas getting emotional and taking shyt out of context.
Great win. But considering what most people said about Spence prior to the fight,I wasn't THAT impressed. I expected to see even more
Not sure that I get you right

Considering what people said about him it wasn't that impressive but considering what they thought about Broner it's that impressive that he won a few rounds against Maidana?
Did you just forget the Broner hype before Maidana? He was touted as the next Mayeather and etc and Maidana was easily an underdog before the fight not even slightly.