"You Can Only Avoid The Truth For So Long" Brook v Spence SHOWTIME 5/27 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breadman called this shyt, outside of Brook scoring a KD, down to the TEE :damn: :wow:

Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Brook, Thurman, Garcia, More - Boxing News

Question: Great call on Brook vs Spence. It went exactly how you said on Twitter. Brook is winning early and Spence comes on late. Spence wasn’t his lights out usual self but he got the job done. Why do you think he struggled early. Also where does Brook go from here. Oh and one more question how does Spence vs your boy DSG go? Bread’s

Response: Spence was fighting an excellent fighter. Maybe that’s why he didn’t look the same. That wasn’t Leonard Bundu in there bro. I also think Errol got hurt twice but he knows how to mask it. Errol is a real fighter and he has real confidence. So he took his time and got himself together. I was impressed with his resolve. I thought he would struggle early because the sharper outside fighter usually wins the earlier rounds and then the steadier stronger guy comes on after he’s warmed up. This fight was no different. Spence vs Danny Garcia is a serious fight. Garcia has underrated physical strength. Stylistically Spence comes into Danny’s wheel house. Also Danny is not short a fighter. Many will assume that Errol is a lot taller and bigger than Danny. But I think Danny is almost as tall and strong enough. Danny doesn’t look tall because of his body structure but head to head he’s never dwarfed. I think it’s a great action fight.

I also said it right after the fight Spence was hurt at least twice visibly. Also @ChocolateGiddyUp Bread talks about Spence vs Swift which I also think is a great fight

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Brook, Thurman, Garcia, More - Boxing News

Question: Great call on Brook vs Spence. It went exactly how you said on Twitter. Brook is winning early and Spence comes on late. Spence wasn’t his lights out usual self but he got the job done. Why do you think he struggled early. Also where does Brook go from here. Oh and one more question how does Spence vs your boy DSG go? Bread’s

Response: Spence was fighting an excellent fighter. Maybe that’s why he didn’t look the same. That wasn’t Leonard Bundu in there bro. I also think Errol got hurt twice but he knows how to mask it. Errol is a real fighter and he has real confidence. So he took his time and got himself together. I was impressed with his resolve. I thought he would struggle early because the sharper outside fighter usually wins the earlier rounds and then the steadier stronger guy comes on after he’s warmed up. This fight was no different. Spence vs Danny Garcia is a serious fight. Garcia has underrated physical strength. Stylistically Spence comes into Danny’s wheel house. Also Danny is not short a fighter. Many will assume that Errol is a lot taller and bigger than Danny. But I think Danny is almost as tall and strong enough. Danny doesn’t look tall because of his body structure but head to head he’s never dwarfed. I think it’s a great action fight.

I also said it right after the fight Spence was hurt at least twice visibly. Also @ChocolateGiddyUp Bread talks about Spence vs Swift which I also think is a great fight

Spence v Swift would not be a boring fight that's for sure

We kno Swifts chin is A+ ... we kno Swift got more then enough power to hurt Spence

Swift in the clinch is too nice tho he'd eat body punches jus like Brook did...hed have to ko Erol before Erol kos him

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spence v Swift would not be a boring fight that's for sure

We kno Swifts chin is A+ ... we kno Swift got more then enough power to hurt Spence

Swift in the clinch is too nice tho he'd eat body punches jus like Brook did...hed have to ko Erol before Erol kos him

Guarantee that fight doesn't go the distance. Spence would have to box more than he ever had to beat him. I would favor Swift slightly going in because the inside & mid range is his bread & butter. And he has the proven chin against bangers. You best believe if Spence shows the same jab over & over he'll get timed

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka you quoted me first. :mjlol:

My whole original point was Spence and Broner are both talented as hell, almost neck and neck. Its just that Spence takes his craft more seriously so he gets more out of it.

All this shyt started from somebody saying that they wished Broner had Spence's talent. It should be obvious to anyone that watches boxing that Broner doesn't need Spence's talent. He has his own talent. He just needs Spence's work ethic and focus.

I feel ya breh. I agree to an extent, but I just dont think Broner's style matches his gifts...at least not at higher weights. However I wont say he is a dumb fighter which I feel Lamont Peterson walks that line. Peterson isa good inside fighter but he would be better if he used better outside boxing skill. He is an inside banger but has limited power.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I feel ya breh. I agree to an extent, but I just dont think Broner's style matches his gifts...at least not at higher weights. However I wont say he is a dumb fighter which I feel Lamont Peterson walks that line. Peterson isa good inside fighter but he would be better if he used better outside boxing skill. He is an inside banger but has limited power.

I think Peterson is better at inside fighting. Thats his bread and butter. I feel like he's more effective with that style than he is with boxing on the outside. His outside boxing usually only works against lower tier guys, even then he still has to fight them on the inside to really pull off the victory cleaner.
He had his most effective rounds against Swift when he came forward pressuring him on the inside than when he was moonwalking around. His fight against **** was like the pinnacle of his style.

I don't think Lamont can box any better on the outside than he already can. It's not in him to do so.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Spence would beat the dog shyt outta Garcia, Bread just bigging up a Philly fighter. It likely won't happen anytime soon if at all, but I would love that fight to happen so that Spence could put Garcia's soul on ice in front of Angel.
Yea Swift wouldn't be able to get past the combination of body shots+boxing ability

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yea Swift wouldn't be able to get past the combination of body shots+boxing ability

If he's as methodical as he was against Brook he's getting countered Smoke. He would have to incorporate more boxing in his game. If he's coming forward trying to chop Swift down he's playing into Swifts strength. Swift wants you to bring the fight to him because that means more counter opportunities for him to hurt you. I would love to see what he would do against a strong counter puncher