"You Can Only Avoid The Truth For So Long" Brook v Spence SHOWTIME 5/27 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Not sure that I get you right

Considering what people said about him it wasn't that impressive but considering what they thought about Broner it's that impressive that he won a few rounds against Maidana?
Did you just forget the Broner hype before Maidana? He was touted as the next Mayeather and etc and Maidana was easily an underdog before the fight not even slightly.
I was very worried when Broner signed that fight. Yea he promoted himself as the next Floyd but I don't remember many credible people giving him Spence level props.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was very worried when Broner signed that fight. Yea he promoted himself as the next Floyd but I don't remember many credible people giving him Spence level props.

Man cut it out....Broner was undefeated and a three division champ when he fought Chino. He had more than the "Spence level props" when he got rag dolled. If I'm not mistaken, Saturday was the first time Spence has been on a premium network.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Maidana that faced Broner and Floyd was NOT the same one who faced Alexander....unless you as a Floyd stan wanna say Alexander beat a guy on 1st try easier than Floyd was able too as well :mjpls:

That's the operative word. You can spin it however you want, but the only "elite" talent to not beat Chino was Broner. And yet, we have cats on here trying to say an ass whooping at the hands of a guy who dropped every fight to anyone worth a damn (Devon, Khan, Floyd) is more impressive than what Spence did Saturday. Also, fact still remains....Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to not TKO or KO Paulie Maglinaggi (Hatton, Khan, Porter, and Garcia) :mjlol:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Man cut it out....Broner was undefeated and a three division champ when he fought Chino. He had more than the "Spence level props" when he got rag dolled. If I'm not mistaken, Saturday was the first time Spence has been on a premium network.
Whole post meant nothing.
Had he accomplished more than Spence, yep. Was as many people singing him solid praises as they did Spence,Naw.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Man, Spence's win over Brook is better than any win in Broner's career, stop the bullshyt.
Spence just beat a legit top 3 (not now but he was) guy in what is widely considered as boxing's best division right now.

No it's not.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Why are y'all talking about Broner and Maidana in this bytch

:hhh::camby:

This is what I came in here to say, until I seen slander.

People's love/hate for AB is over shadowing the crowning of the NEW King of The Welters.......Errol Spence:blessed:

The AB stuff needs to be discussed in the official thread:camby:.........but I have 1 more post to address.

#TruthSeekers

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
That's the operative word. You can spin it however you want,

It's not a spin. It's a fact.....unless then you wanna talk about the fact Devon Alexander had an easier time with Maidana than BOTH Broner and Floyd:ufdup:

but the only "elite" talent to not beat Chino was Broner.

Broner isn't an elite WW.

And yet, we have cats on here trying to say an ass whooping at the hands of a guy who dropped every fight to anyone worth a damn (Devon, Khan, Floyd) is more impressive than what Spence did Saturday.

That's not what he said, and you're purposely trying to pick and choose (ironically a Floyd stan picking and choosing doesn't surprise me:mjlol:) which parts of what he's saying to address.

He specifically said he was more impressed with the HEART AB showed and the fact that AB even fought a guy naturally much larger and stronger than him.

Also, fact still remains....Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to not TKO or KO Paulie Maglinaggi (Hatton, Khan, Porter, and Garcia) :mjlol:

Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to KD Shawn Porter
Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to jump 2 divisions and beat a Champion in his first fight in a new division to take the belt
Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to win 4 Championships over 4 different weight classes
Broner is also the only "elite" fighter in the last decade to hold 3 Championships in 3 different divisions all within a 1 year span (June 2012...130 Champ. November 2012...135 Champ. June 2013...147 Champion.)

So, if you wanna play a #Facts game.....make sure you have all your #Facts together first:umhuh:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
nikkas getting emotional and taking shyt out of context.
Great win. But considering what most people said about Spence prior to the fight,I wasn't THAT impressed. I expected to see even more
So you got issues with the people who analyzed and reported on the fight(ers), not the fight? Aight, bet.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
This is from a Breadman mailbag:

Who are you leaning towards in the Brook vs Spence fight? I think Spence is biting off more than he can chew. Going to Brook’s hometown will be his undoing. I also look at Spence’s matchmaking and he has fought absolutely nobody to get him ready for Brook. Spence gets hit way too easy. As you say mark it down.

Bread’s Response: I am leaning towards Spence. But I admit this is a 50/50 fight. My guts just tell me Spence is primed for the task.

I actually agree with a lot of what you stated. Spence’s matchmaking could have been better going into this fight but that’s not his fault. The kid fights whoever is willing. But a couple of ex world champions or a prospect vs prospect fight would have served him well. A guy like Luis Collazo or Lamont Peterson would have been real for Spence. Those fights get you ready for the big time. And a prospect fight vs another undefeated kid like say a Sammy Vasquez before he lost would have also been great for him. Young undefeated fighters are always difficult. But it is what it is. Sometimes fighters excel without having the perfect building fights.

Spence does get hit. He’s not Chavez Sr in the slipping and parrying department. But for the most part he’s shown a good chin. Emanuel Lartey is the only fighter to visibly hurt him. It is a concern because it takes his eyes a little time to warm up and you can hit Spence early. But for his style you have to expect that. The kid is a walkdown ko machine. He doesn’t F$%& around at all. I will tell you something else about his defense. He gets hit but he doesn’t get hit out of position. That is a big deal.

You don’t see Spence’s head leaning over his front knee or his feet spread too far apart. Or even his punches being looped incorrectly. His hands are always up, his body set correctly and he’s always in punching position. So he’s braced to take the good shots and he’s ready to fire back. Watch him close.

I also see a fighter in Spence who does not get tired. He’s like a horror movie. He’s a rare volume power puncher. Most power punchers don’t have volume. He has both.

Going to an opponent’s back yard is always a big deal. Especially if it’s a foreign country. Everyone does not travel well. Food, time and rest are just different in foreign countries. There is a reason why lots of the US best don’t leave the US. In my opinion this is a huge factor but Spence has a great team around him, I’m sure they will accommodate him with what he needs.

I expect a brutal fight. Fight of the Year type of fight. I expect Brook to hurt and or drop Spence. But something tells me Spence’s body attack and his non stop power punches will wear down Brook who will definitely have to go to extreme measures to make weight. But I have been wrong before. This won’t be easy for either man.

I've been saying the same thing about Spence since Floyd said his name. I also said Kell Brook would turn southpaw at times in this fight. About Bread's point about Spence's fight with Lartey hurting him, watch at 27:25 on:

Breadman called this shyt, outside of Brook scoring a KD, down to the TEE :damn: :wow:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Broners got talent but I dont think his skills are elite, I think he falls a little short of that. Maidana busted him up and nearly knocked him out

Broners not as disciplined as Floyd, I dont think his reflexes are elite. I dont think his hand speed is elite. Hes not as focused and disciplined through a 12 round fight, he has lapses.

If Spence is as good as I think he is (time will tell) then I dont think Broners skills are neck and neck with his. Spence for a multitude of reasons is better then Broner
You're downplaying broner too much and upping spence too much. If the spence we just saw was facing someone with the size and power advantages over him that chino had over broner. He might have lost or got hurt even worse. This boy was taking lead right hands waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often. Had brook lookling like an orthodox pac man out there.
And he was trying a failed punch sequence waaaaaaaay too often (jab jab,miss the left,end up with brook on top of his back or a counter). Not hurt eye = him going home salty (no excuse,his boxing made that eye like that). But to me for the first half Brook was seemingly in control. It was an even fight but brook seemed more comfortable and it seemed his plan was working better. I like spence and was impressed he stopped him. But i'm not sold on him being the don. He's alot closer to keith thurman than i previously thought (following thurman garcia) and given his style even danny might still be a threat.
If spence (from last night) jumped up and fought GGG i think he'd get done worse than broner vs maidana.
My Broner spence exchange started like this