2CT

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
aight here's my list

1. Roc Marciano - Pimp Arrest
i love that dark and sinister drumless shyt and this is essentially exactly that, plus that horn at the beginning reminds me of some Looney Toons shyt when Elmer Fudd is hunting Bugs and little shyt like that makes tracks doper to me

2. Freddie Gibbs - Alexys
when this joint first dropped i had it on repeat for the entire day, dope ass track and Kaytranada was on his Madlib shyt with the beat which got me hyped for Bandana

3. Big Boi - In the South (feat. Pimp C & Gucci Mane)
smooth ass banger and one of my fave songs off a very good album by Big Boi, Guwop did his thing on the verse and Pimp C's hook was dope

4. Planet Asia - The Aura
song is just fresh as fukk and PA ripped the verses, the contrast of him rapping his ass off over the smooth ass beat is just ill

5. Rapsody - Jesus Coming
excellent beat by 9th with a great sample, dope hook, dope storytelling by Rapsody and just a great track overall

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
aight here's my list

1. Roc Marciano - Pimp Arrest
i love that dark and sinister drumless shyt and this is essentially exactly that, plus that horn at the beginning reminds me of some Looney Toons shyt when Elmer Fudd is hunting Bugs and little shyt like that makes tracks doper to me

2. Freddie Gibbs - Alexys
when this joint first dropped i had it on repeat for the entire day, dope ass track and Kaytranada was on his Madlib shyt with the beat which got me hyped for Bandana

3. Big Boi - In the South (feat. Pimp C & Gucci Mane)
smooth ass banger and one of my fave songs off a very good album by Big Boi, Guwop did his thing on the verse and Pimp C's hook was dope

4. Planet Asia - The Aura
song is just fresh as fukk and PA ripped the verses, the contrast of him rapping his ass off over the smooth ass beat is just ill

5. Rapsody - Jesus Coming
excellent beat by 9th with a great sample, dope hook, dope storytelling by Rapsody and just a great track overall

Besides the Marciano and PA tracks, I'm not too familiar with the joints you posted. Looks like I got some research to do :ohhh:

Last edited:

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
3. Planet Asia feat. Hus Tha KingPin & Rozewood - Made It
One of many dope GoldChain Military/DRDC & The Winners collaborations. This joint is off Planet Asia's Velour Portrait EP and pretty much presents all 3 emcees at their peak. Roze kills the hook with his harmonizing and the production from Sonny Vintage for this joint is a lovely flip of a familiar sample.

Gonna come back later with mine but Made It is on there for sure :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Same sample as some Madlib/Mos that we'll never hear (2:58 mark)... these guys did the shyt justice though. Velour Portraits was solid.

:wow:

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia
In no particular order:

Oddisee- Built by Pictures/Hold It Back
My 2 favorite joints off my favorite rappers most recent album. Couldn't decide so i put em both on here.

Rick Ross- Santorini Greece
That beat:wow: The level of detail from Rozay:ohlawd:

Fly Anakin and Koncept Jack$on- Dime$
Shoutout to everyone who posts in this thread:salute: Essential - SPIN: Official thread for current/modern Hip-Hop that's not being heard by the masses/top 40 radio Don't remember who posted this joint, but i can't stop listening to it.

Caleborate- Soul
Been puttin everyone i know onto this dude and this song in particular

Cool Kids- Checkout
Vintage Cool Kids. :obama:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'll come up with a top 5 later but my #1...and I know people gonna look at me funny but

2016 was a banner year for sexual fukkery, for me. Broke up with my gf...met a Chaldean 18yo who was down to fukk for much of the year, and invited me to meet her friends. Ended up having a threesome and smashing her friends (Albanian chick, black chick, white girl) individually. And HNDRXX was basically the soundtrack for all that shyt. Album was playing nonstop when we met, especially Looking Exotic.

:yeshrug:

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
I'll come up with a top 5 later but my #1...and I know people gonna look at me funny but

2016 was a banner year for sexual fukkery, for me. Broke up with my gf...met a Chaldean 18yo who was down to fukk for much of the year, and invited me to meet her friends. Ended up having a threesome and smashing her friends (Albanian chick, black chick, white girl) individually. And HNDRXX was basically the soundtrack for all that shyt. Album was playing nonstop when we met, especially Looking Exotic.

giphy.gif

This is my favourite shyt off both those Future albums for me. No idea why it’s not talked about more. shyt is great.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@TheDarceKnight I know you got excellent taste in dope rap music... Drop your top 5 of 2K17 fam...
:jbhmm:

I am tired as fukk, so I may be forgetting some things, but I'll give this a shot. In no particular order:

Ya'll know I had to throw Roc Marciano on here. IMO this joint here is the most underrated joint on Rosebud's Revenge. Produced by someone I've never heard of before named Animoss.

"Pull out the pump, let it sneeze once. I put the axe to your back like tree trunks...Make cash at a rapid pace like the way rabbit's mate...relax and get face from Christina Applegate." Classic picture painting from Marci.

The final song on DAMN is a great storytelling joint by Kendrick. The beat changes by 9th Wonder are great, and this was a perfect way to end what is arguably the AOTY, and this is one of my favorite songs off the album, along with Lust, Feel, Element, and Fear.

I played Santorini by Rick Ross a lot this year. Bink is in prime form on production here. Rick Ross floats over the lush instrumental, and the video just looks beautiful.

Prodigy from Mobb Deep passed away this summer, and Mobb Deep is my favorite group of all time. This may not be their best song, but it got released right after P passed away, and it brought out a lot of feels, and I played it a lot this year.

The final is a combo. Evidence isn't a huge fan favorite on this board, minus a few cats, but this if the 1st single for his album dropping next month. Alchemist on the beat. Stream of conscious verses with some personal stuff thrown in without being emo. The video is also artsy without being pretentious.

And finally, I have to do a few honorable mentions.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
My new Motto (Every man needs a place that's peaceful) :blessed:

Love seeing another Louisiana boy coming up. Baton Rouge killing it.

Nostalgic Texas track I grew up on:ohlawd:

This gives me that early 2000s feel. Simple beat, hard azz freestyle, no hook.

Love the beat and Message

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Excuse my ignorance but, Chaldean?