Zoe Kravitz told she was TOO BLACK for role in The Dark Knight Rises

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
In the past several years, Zoë Kravitz has been climbing up the Hollywood food chain, nabbing roles in X-Men: First Class, Divergent, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Dope. But there is one high-profile film she couldn't even get an audition for: Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises (2012).

“In the last Batman movie [The Dark Knight Rises], they told me that I couldn’t get an audition for a small role they were casting because they weren’t ‘going urban,’” Kravitz told Nylon. “It was like, ‘What does that have to do with anything?’ I have to play the role like, ‘Yo, what’s up, Batman? What’s going on wit chu?’”

Which "small role" is Kravitz referring to? Best guess: 'Jen,' the pickpocketing flatmate and best friend of Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), which eventually went to British actress Juno Temple (Horns).
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/13/why-zoe-kravitz-was-denied-an-audition-for-the-dark-knight-rises/

:snoop:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
There were a number of black people in TDK movies. And there's already a Zoe Kravitz lookalike in the Gotham tv show.

Tae

All Star
Daps
There were a number of black people in TDK movies. And there's already a Zoe Kravitz lookalike in the Gotham tv show.

A number huh...like two :sas1:
The only black people I can think of was Morgan Freeman and Debo. :usure:
Now that I think of it I don't think there have never been any black actresses in any superhero movies expect for Halle and Zoe's (and they're bi-racial, but I'm sure they were counted as black :mjpls:) limited parts in the X-Men movies.
This is why I'm glad I don't support these movies at the box office. At least they throw black actors a bone here and there, black actresses don't even exist in the mind of Hollywood, unless they are looking for someone to play Mammy. :snoop: