Zoe Kravitz told she was TOO BLACK for role in The Dark Knight Rises

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Zoe looks way to immature to play Catwoman.
Halle ruined Catwoman as as potential opportunity for every black actress.
White actresses are allowed to fail and it won't fukk up the prospects of another white actress but since Halle flopped as Catwoman (never mind that the script and direction was awful) the most we can hope is that someone is open minded enough to give another black actress a chance.
She will always be Storm to me :yeshrug:

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
A number huh...like two :sas1:
The only black people I can think of was Morgan Freeman and Debo. :usure:
Now that I think of it I don't think there have never been any black actresses in any superhero movies expect for Halle and Zoe's (and they're bi-racial, but I'm sure they were counted as black :mjpls:) limited parts in the X-Men movies.
This is why I'm glad I don't support these movies at the box office. At least they throw black actors a bone here and there, black actresses don't even exist in the mind of Hollywood, unless they are looking for someone to play Mammy. :snoop:

True. The only one that comes to mind is Kerry Washington in Fantastic Four. The chick from Blade like somebody already stated.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Yeah Michael jai white was in there along with his whole squad who then became jokers goons but that was tdk
And joker destroyed them. I didn't like that at all. Of all the crews in the movies, the Africans had to get it.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Too Black!?!?! :what: Zoe Kravitz????
You can always spot a racist in these situations. Reminds me of arnold, here's a dude that basically railed all his female co-stars on screen then suddenly when he is cast alongside Vanessa Williams "the role doesn't require it" :umad:yeah right you murdering racist

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
what.png
Juno Temple's character was like one step up from being an extra, what would it have hurt if Zoe had the role instead.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
what.png
Juno Temple's character was like one step up from being an extra, what would it have hurt if Zoe had the role instead.
notice how the only black holan has in his movies is the one that says "racism doesn't exist, it's just a good excuse for not succeeding in life"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
lol @ zoe kravtiz of all people being considered too black and "urban"...what in all fukk. hollywood is real fukked up if chicks like her are considered too black, there's absolutely no hope for other black actresses aside from those who are dark skinned and fetishized (lupita, viola)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Zoe looks way to immature to play Catwoman.
Halle ruined Catwoman as as potential opportunity for every black actress.
White actresses are allowed to fail and it won't fukk up the prospects of another white actress but since Halle flopped as Catwoman (never mind that the script and direction was awful) the most we can hope is that someone is open minded enough to give another black actress a chance.

catwoman has one of the best hero/villain conflict resolution fight scene, in a comic book movie, tho.
Halle beat Sharon stone ass, and it was on point from A villain perspective.
as far as adequate licks a villain can dish out and still know they getting their asses kicked by the hero.
the problem with catwoman was,...
dc moved into family based programming for batman and any comic characters.
when, dc should never and has never been successful going the kiddie route in their comic book films.
that campy aspect ruined the overall likeability of everything.
from the original batman, superman and gl franchises.
trickling over into catwoman content/tone wise and damaging a potential franchise draw

Art Barr

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
lol @ the "Christopher Nolan said" in the thread title like he personally talked to any person auditioning and explained why they didn't make it through the first round.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lol there's many.

Like Storm.

And that's it.:yeshrug:

black captain marvel
witchblade : She is colored like she is black,...
even though she is supposed to be pezzini.
fathom

I can't think of any other black female superheroines, off the top of my head.

Art Barr