[1/4-1/5]NJPW Presents: Wrestle Kingdom 14(2 Day event)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lemme throw this out there.

what if KENTA is really just challenging for the I-C title??

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Night 2 was definitely a much stronger show.

Jesus Christ at how terrible Jericho looked. What the fukk. New Years must have been a 2 week event for him. Is...is he too fat for his weight belt and can't buckle it around the center of his gut? :mjlol: All the talk about Jericho always reinventing himself is so dumb. In the US, he's straight up 2002-2003 Jericho. In Japan, all he does is steal whatever his opponent is doing. You know the next time he comes back to Japan he's going to keep doing the air guitar thing, so he'll have that, Evil's face paint, Okada's nickname. Also lol at doing a lionsault immediately after taking 6 dragon screws in a row. That's the psychology of a dude in his 20s, not a 50 year old with 30 years of experience.

Naito/Okada didn't do much for me because I completely checked out of Naito's story a good 2 years ago. It certainly didn't feel like a king making moment to me and I'm conditioned to expect Naito to drop the belt(s) by the G1 at the latest and Okada to be the champ again by the end of the year and heading into next year's WK. I certainly don't expect him to drop the title(s) to KENTA in February but lol if that happens. Naito ending the night a hobbled mess with his head down after having his most triumphant moment cut short is certainly in line with his booking arc :mjlol:

I really didn't like the ref bumps over the two shows, Jay White's matches suck the air out of the building. 80s American heel work in New Japan sucks. People groan at his shyt. There was some real heat for KENTA interrupting Naito's celebration, people just groan and sigh during White matches. Kind of felt like there was a real booking theory that since you're going to get what you want with Naito, you aren't going to get anyone else you want winning. Sanada loses again, Ishii loses, Ibushi is 0 for 2, Tanahashi tapping out, Liger dropping both matches (expected but no one was happy with Taguchi pinning him). Really surprised Shibata wasn't involved at all in Goto/Kenta. Wasn't that whole match built around him?

God damn you're miserable :scust:

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last 4 matches were great, suzuki coming out was gangsta:wow::birdman:

I honestly thought Okada was winning when they said the winner between white and ibushi would be in line for a title shot.

Once white won i was like here we go:lupe: iwc gon be mad as hell when okada wins.:heh:

Last match was probably a 5 star match but they gotta be more consistent with body part work...just saying:aicmon:

I was thinking that when watching it. Naito completely stopped selling the knee

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
God damn you're miserable :scust:

:yeshrug: I wasn't hot on the double title dash or two days thing to begin with. This would have been a much stronger event as one card, but the 1/4 show has never been the best NJ show of the year and traditionally the best matches come in Spring/Summer, not January. It's not like I'm the only one here who got worn out on the Naito story a long time ago (and expects him to drop the titles soon anyway) and dislike Jay White bullshyt. Or who lols at Jericho's gut.

I think the best matches for the 2 days were Okada/Ibushi, Ospreay/Hiromu, and ZSJ/Sanada which was about as breezy and fun as a technical sprint can get.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
:yeshrug: I wasn't hot on the double title dash or two days thing to begin with. This would have been a much stronger event as one card, but the 1/4 show has never been the best NJ show of the year and traditionally the best matches come in Spring/Summer, not January. It's not like I'm the only one here who got worn out on the Naito story a long time ago (and expects him to drop the titles soon anyway) and dislike Jay White bullshyt. Or who lols at Jericho's gut.

I think the best matches for the 2 days were Okada/Ibushi, Ospreay/Hiromu, and ZSJ/Sanada which was about as breezy and fun as a technical sprint can get.

The point is, you ain't hot on anything.

You spend a lot of you're time watching shyt you apparently don't enjoy. And I'm talking about in general, not just New Japan.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I actually don't spend much time watching shyt. I hadn't watched any NJ since the G1, I don't watch Raw/SD, I haven't watched B PPVs this year. I watch NXT and AEW and go digging through the AJ Archive which I have raved about stuff in the puro thread a lot recently.

No one thinks WK needed to be 2 days, everyone thought Jericho looked fat as shyt, and most of the regular puro guys aren't enthused with Gedo's booking style either so kindly get fukked, nerd.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Only booking hiccup was KENTA being next in line, but at the same time, no one is clamoring for White/Naito again. :manny:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Only thing funnier than Okada beating Naito again at WK would be Gedo giving Naito a month long reign and losing it to fukking KENTA :mjlol:

And you just never know with Gedo so the Naito-hive better get ready for the worst :mjlit:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Only thing funnier than Okada beating Naito again at WK would be Gedo giving Naito a month long reign and losing it to fukking KENTA :mjlol:

And you just never know with Gedo so the Naito-hive better get ready for the worst :mjlit:

Naito has to have legit backstage heat for that shyt :mjlol:

That's a slippery slope cause you actually had New Japan fans having legit heat for KENTA when he won the NEVER title. :lupe:

Have him beat Naito with heavy Bullet Club interference at New Beginning..... :wow:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Is true heat what you really want these days? It isn't really discussed much in wrassle circles but I'm not sure it's good to get REAL heat anymore, because people are a lot more likely to tune out instead of want to pay to see someone get their ass kicked. Like say....Baron Corbin as an example. People HATE him but it doesn't translate to people paying to see him. Or go back a little bit and use Vickie Guerrero. She got NUCLEAR heat at times but no one paid to see her or any of her storylines.

In the year of our lord Terry Funk 2020 would a man the audience legitimately hates make money in Japan?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

X4i0xku.png
we got this, stay strong mentally!