2010 was an aberration and TT won't sign free agents: Official 2016 GB Packers Offseason Thread

Will TT do anything but draft?

• Yes, he'll sign a FA or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will just draft and sign UDFAs

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • He will retire and Elliot Wolf becomes GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Brehs,

Glad I missed this game

I'm in India for another week and was in a remote area during the game

Not surprised Dom Capers defense didn't make a play in the clutch

Not surprised that Janis and Abberderis made plays when McCarthy glued them to the bench all year

2010 was an aberration. McCarthy and Capers can't win big games. Thompson can't field a championship roster with all of the cap space and his bad drafting.

I think Rodgers is entering out of his prime and they wasted the last five years.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
shocking all year the packers had no receivers,m no one to stretch the field, but two cacs were out there running routes and going down the field :jbhmm:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
shocking all year the packers had no receivers,m no one to stretch the field, but two cacs were out there running routes and going down the field :jbhmm:

Those kids were glued to the bench because McCarthy is a dumbass. Janis was a beast on special teams and that's all they let him do even with Adams playing like shid.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The people who predicted the packers to be a dynasty after 2010 did not see the Seahawks and 49ers coming out of nowhere being that strong.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The people who predicted the packers to be a dynasty after 2010 did not see the Seahawks and 49ers coming out of nowhere being that strong.

The Seahawks current GM, John Schneider was in GB until 2010 and he had quite a hand in building that team. They won in spite of McCarthy's conservative play calling.

Thompson's other top assistants have built good teams

Dorsey in KC

And McKenzie is turning the Raiders around

But meanwhile Thompson has proven to not be able to assemble the right talent in the LB corp, TE, OT depth, and as we saw this year speed on the outside.

He refuses to use free agency.

Besides Peppers he hasn't signed anyone worth a damn outside the organization in the last five years.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Not surprised Dom Capers defense didn't make a play in the clutch

That's been the story of our lives it seems like (minus 2010 when we had Nick Collins :mjcry:)

As for free agents, TT likes to shop at Walmart like the CAC that he is. But thinking back, what WRs were out there during preseason? Coming in we thought we were set with Jordy/Cobb/Adams but once Jordy went down the best available was James Jones but his old legs couldn't last a whole season.

It pains me to see us wasting 5 good years of Rodgers' career. He may go down with only 1 Ring and that's a shame but at the same time him making that comment blaming the coin flip had me shaking my head. Take the L and move on man. No need to be a poor sport.

I mentioned this in our Packers thread but as of late we want no part of the NFC West :whoa:

2012 - Bounced by San Fran
2013 - Bounced by San Fran
2014 - Bounced by Seattle
2015 - Bounced by Cardinals
2016 - Rams complete the cypher? :sadbron:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
That's been the story of our lives it seems like (minus 2010 when we had Nick Collins :mjcry:)

As for free agents, TT likes to shop at Walmart like the CAC that he is. But thinking back, what WRs were out there during preseason? Coming in we thought we were set with Jordy/Cobb/Adams but once Jordy went down the best available was James Jones but his old legs couldn't last a whole season.

It pains me to see us wasting 5 good years of Rodgers' career. He may go down with only 1 Ring and that's a shame but at the same time him making that comment blaming the coin flip had me shaking my head. Take the L and move on man. No need to be a poor sport.

James Jones was fine, I thought he played good vs MIN and the Redskins

TT could have signed a speedster or told his stupid coach to play his draft pick who was blasting people's heads on STs

Janis has the same physical profile as Jordy and is faster too

Should have thrown him out there quickly

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
James Jones was fine, I thought he played good vs MIN and the Redskins

TT could have signed a speedster or told his stupid coach to play his draft pick who was blasting people's heads on STs

Janis has the same physical profile as Jordy and is faster too

Should have thrown him out there quickly

True. But part of that is on Janis as well. Guy has been here 2 years and still doesn't run his routes properly. He had that one in the endzone where Rodgers missed him but he didn't break out of his route like he was supposed to.

But I agree, that's what the regular season is for. He should have been able to learn in game situations during the regular season yet only had 2 catches all year :martin:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
True. But part of that is on Janis as well. Guy has been here 2 years and still doesn't run his routes properly. He had that one in the endzone where Rodgers missed him but he didn't break out of his route like he was supposed to.

But I agree, that's what the regular season is for. He should have been able to learn in game situations during the regular season yet only had 2 catches all year :martin:

Well this was his 2nd year and he didn't play last year. He comes from a small school and he didn't have a playbook

But even still there's plenty of raw WRs out there making plays.

Abby also should have gotten in there more. He's injury prone but he runs the routes well.

Janis could at least stretch the field for Cobb

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TE
ILB
OLB
P
OT
RB

are the priorities. First year TE's don't often make an impact so I'd like to either sign an older stop gap like Antonio Gates and draft another one in the first 3 rounds or sign a younger one like Ladarius Green or Martellus Bennett and save a draft pick all together.

I'm thinking OLB first round because it's easier to find a good player at all those other positions in the later rounds.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also the schedule looks very easy next year. Obviously it's the NFL and you can't forecast how all these teams will do next season but still. Here's our Road schedule for next year:

Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
What did you expect though? P*ts-like dynasty playing in the Super Bowl every year? Getting there is hard, but the Pack always seem to be in the conversation. Last 5 years haven't been a "waste"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last few years were only disappointing due to the injuries to key players. If we had a healthy roster we would have destroyed AZ. I would like to see the team sign some playmakers on defense. If they get some FA signings and some good draft picks and if the good lord allows us to stay healthy I think we'll have a much better chance getting to the bowl.