2010 was an aberration and TT won't sign free agents: Official 2016 GB Packers Offseason Thread

Will TT do anything but draft?

• Yes, he'll sign a FA or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will just draft and sign UDFAs

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • He will retire and Elliot Wolf becomes GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Honestly, the Pack wouldn't have won the SB, let alone beat CAR/SEA being that thin at WR. Too many injuries at WR. I don't think McCarthy is dumb, but the overtime collapses on Defense in the postseason needs to be addressed.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
The people who predicted the packers to be a dynasty after 2010 did not see the Seahawks and 49ers coming out of nowhere being that strong.

Lol at a dynasty existing in salary cap NFL closest thing is patriots and they had over a decade since their last super bowl win

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Honestly, the Pack wouldn't have won the SB, let alone beat CAR/SEA being that thin at WR. Too many injuries at WR. I don't think McCarthy is dumb, but the overtime collapses on Defense in the postseason needs to be addressed.

SEA aint shyt. CAR on the other hand would of beat us.

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Even though we lost that Hail Mary was my favorite play ever. All I thought of when the ball left his hand was Can he do it again :gladbron: Sees ball in the air and Janis back pedaling :gladbron:

Hopefully we get Jordy back at 100% week 1 and the WR corps falls into place. I doubt he'll be the same as pre injury, but at least now we have Janis and Abby who I feel confident in after last night. If Adams can finally pull it together consistently next year and Montgomery continues to improve our WR's will be :wow:

Secondary going to be even better next year too with Randall and Rollins having a year under their belts :ohlawd:

TE is clearly the #1 need going into this offseason imo. I'm not sure if Rich Rodgers more than 10 yards after the catch all season. He'd immediately stop moving his feet when a defender squared up in front of him. Embarrassing that we were anticipating the return of Quarless :scust: I miss Finley :mjcry:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you guys think about Hayward? Bring him back or let him walk and take the pick? I was leaning towards letting him go but now part of me just wants to keep every one of these talented DBs we got and just try and have one of the best secondaries in the league.

Shields
Randall
Rollins
Hayward
Burnett
Clinton-Dix

That is downright nasty

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What you guys think about Hayward? Bring him back or let him walk and take the pick? I was leaning towards letting him go but now part of me just wants to keep every one of these talented DBs we got and just try and have one of the best secondaries in the league.

Shields
Randall
Rollins
Hayward
Burnett
Clinton-Dix

That is downright nasty

I'd like to keep Casey. But it just takes one dumb team to overpay like Jacksonville and Cleveland did with House and Tramon

Don't forget we have Gunter too who made plays in the wild card game.

In Joe Whitt I trust but we need more ball Hawks or for these guys to go in catch lessons

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Even though we lost that Hail Mary was my favorite play ever. All I thought of when the ball left his hand was Can he do it again :gladbron: Sees ball in the air and Janis back pedaling :gladbron:

Hopefully we get Jordy back at 100% week 1 and the WR corps falls into place. I doubt he'll be the same as pre injury, but at least now we have Janis and Abby who I feel confident in after last night. If Adams can finally pull it together consistently next year and Montgomery continues to improve our WR's will be :wow:

Secondary going to be even better next year too with Randall and Rollins having a year under their belts :ohlawd:

TE is clearly the #1 need going into this offseason imo. I'm not sure if Rich Rodgers more than 10 yards after the catch all season. He'd immediately stop moving his feet when a defender squared up in front of him. Embarrassing that we were anticipating the return of Quarless :scust: I miss Finley :mjcry:

We should have signed Gresham before Arizona did

Ladarius Green is my main FA target. Still hasn't broken out yet so he may be attainable. Still has major upside - 6'6 and as fast as any TE in the league. If I can't get him, I also target Dwayne Allen. If not him then Zach Miller.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Besides 2010 when they had a top 5 defense, the constant has been the same. It's almost comical how they lose in the exact same ways just subtly different

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I forgot Neal is a Free Agent. That complicates things. Peppers is due like $7m next year, and there's still the threat of him retiring. He's still productive, but I'm sure we'd rather lose him and keep Perry/Neal than keep him for one more year and lose one or both of the younger guys. Ideally we'd bring all 3 back, with Peppers on a lower cap number.

Peppers has to be back. He's 36 and still more productive than the 20 somethings that TT has drafted and he's one of the captains of the team with his quiet leadership. But he has to have his snaps limited so he can beast in January. If he retires, I wouldn't be surprised but he wants that ring badly.

I'd probably keep Perry over Neal and draft an OLB and an ILB very high. We haven't drafted an ILB high since HAWK!

And we also haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st since RODGERS in 05.

So, there's some interesting routes to take.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peppers has to be back. He's 36 and still more productive than the 20 somethings that TT has drafted and he's one of the captains of the team with his quiet leadership. But he has to have his snaps limited so he can beast in January. If he retires, I wouldn't be surprised but he wants that ring badly.

I'd probably keep Perry over Neal and draft an OLB and an ILB very high. We haven't drafted an ILB high since HAWK!

And we also haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st since RODGERS in 05.

So, there's some interesting routes to take.

We took Bulaga and Sherrod in the first in 2010 and 2011.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should have signed Gresham before Arizona did

Ladarius Green is my main FA target. Still hasn't broken out yet so he may be attainable. Still has major upside - 6'6 and as fast as any TE in the league. If I can't get him, I also target Dwayne Allen. If not him then Zach Miller.

Ladarius Green/Martellus Bennett/Antonio Gates in that order of preference for me.

Daps
I wouldn't be surprised if we open up our big new shiny stadium on Prime Time against you guys or Dallas.

Vikings vs Packers is going to be absolutely insane for the next 2-3 years

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The people who predicted the packers to be a dynasty after 2010 did not see the Seahawks and 49ers coming out of nowhere being that strong.

:heh: the who? Look, as much as we've lost to the seahawks and 49ers, we're the only team in the NFC that does not fear them muhfukkas. The problem every single time we faced the 49ers is that our defense sucked. Point blank period. We lost against the seahawks last year, because our defense sucked.

If you look at the tape following the 2011 season, our defense SUCKED. The only time we fielded a top 10 defense, we won the super bowl. The team that won the Super bowl was completely dismantled one year later. Cullen Jenkins is still playing, but he was let go for a bag of fukkn peanuts and no signing bonus. Desmond Bishop went out with an ACL injury. Nick Collins suffered a career ending spinal injury in Carolina. Woodson got exposed as a corner. We've simply never recovered - ever.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
James Jones was fine, I thought he played good vs MIN and the Redskins

TT could have signed a speedster or told his stupid coach to play his draft pick who was blasting people's heads on STs

Janis has the same physical profile as Jordy and is faster too

Should have thrown him out there quickly

He drafted a speedster. He's been on IR for the past 3/4 months with a god damn high ankle sprain. Which is bullshyt because nobody should be out for half a season with a high ankle sprain.