2010 was an aberration and TT won't sign free agents: Official 2016 GB Packers Offseason Thread

Will TT do anything but draft?

• Yes, he'll sign a FA or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he will just draft and sign UDFAs

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • He will retire and Elliot Wolf becomes GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What did you expect though? P*ts-like dynasty playing in the Super Bowl every year? Getting there is hard, but the Pack always seem to be in the conversation. Last 5 years haven't been a "waste"

With a QB as good as 12 who's won two MVPs and broken records since Super Bowl 45, I'd at least expect another trip to the big game

Last year was definitely it.

And going 15-1 and losing to NYG was disgusting

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's been the story of our lives it seems like (minus 2010 when we had Nick Collins :mjcry:)

As for free agents, TT likes to shop at Walmart like the CAC that he is. But thinking back, what WRs were out there during preseason? Coming in we thought we were set with Jordy/Cobb/Adams but once Jordy went down the best available was James Jones but his old legs couldn't last a whole season.

It pains me to see us wasting 5 good years of Rodgers' career. He may go down with only 1 Ring and that's a shame but at the same time him making that comment blaming the coin flip had me shaking my head. Take the L and move on man. No need to be a poor sport.

I mentioned this in our Packers thread but as of late we want no part of the NFC West :whoa:

2012 - Bounced by San Fran
2013 - Bounced by San Fran
2014 - Bounced by Seattle
2015 - Bounced by Cardinals
2016 - Rams complete the cypher? :sadbron:
Meet a Jeff fisher coached team in the playoffs?

:mjlol:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
[USER=35]@FloorGeneral[/USER] @tru_m.a.c @ItzTime @ThaRebel @Oh Boy. @MushroomX @Tical @Upshall @Darealtwo1 @Don De Dieu
@CJ14 @bsmooth @Stelio Kontos
@Monster
@SHAQAVELLI

Tag anyone else I left out

I'm gonna try to watch the film of the game but after Seattle last year and the 49ers/Giants losses im desensitized to this all :manny:

This loss isnt as bad as the seattle game. Seattle game we dominated and loss. This game was just another example of this offense stalling on drives like it has been all year long. They looked promising in the first half with a few good long series but couldnt do shyt. Lacy had a nice open field run and it should of went for a touchdown but he litterally was too fat and slow to get there. Starks would of scored. We need to cut lacy.

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Last few years were only disappointing due to the injuries to key players. If we had a healthy roster we would have destroyed AZ. I would like to see the team sign some playmakers on defense. If they get some FA signings and some good draft picks and if the good lord allows us to stay healthy I think we'll have a much better chance getting to the bowl.

U must be a new packers fan if u think we are gonna sign any FAs

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
McCarthy play calling still terrible.

At this point its beyond his play calling. Its his whole scheme. He refuses to stray away from it. Its been like that since 2011 which is why good teams can slow our offense in the playoffs. This year every team seemed to figure our offense out and rodgers had to pull rabbits out of his ass just to get points.

Its become obvious that rodgers high level play has covered up MM's flaws in his game plans and schemes. Due to an off year from Rodgers, it was exposed. We need a new coach and a new system plain and simple. We cant rely on Rodger to play at a god like level for a damn near decade.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
This loss isnt as bad as the seattle game. Seattle game we dominted and loss. This game was just another example of this offense stalling on drives loke it has been all year long. They looked promising in the first half with a few good long series but couldnt do shyt. Lacy had a nice open field run and it should of went for a touchdown but he litterally was too fat and slow to get there. Starks would of scored. We need to cut lacy.

McCarthy should not have called the offense after that game. He called one of the most conservative games. He called a game like Aaron was a 3rd string QB. He kept calling that same run play to Lacy. McCarthy overrated. He was scared to take chance against Seattle.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This loss isnt as bad as the seattle game. Seattle game we dominated and loss. This game was just another example of this offense stalling on drives like it has been all year long. They looked promising in the first half with a few good long series but couldnt do shyt. Lacy had a nice open field run and it should of went for a touchdown but he litterally was too fat and slow to get there. Starks would of scored. We need to cut lacy.

Lacy just needs to go swimming and live on a treadmill all offseason. And the Packers need to supply him with a chef

Starks is a FA. I think we need to keep him or draft a RB who's a speedster

Also MM hasn't adjusted the offense since Philbin left. It's sad. I remember when Jags was the OC in 2007 and they got so creative with Favre having no RB for half that year and then Grant came out of nowhere.

Hell if they just played 83 and 84, they could have beat the Bears and Vikings

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
It's still so early, so I don't even know what to say. I think a BIG change needs to be made, and it's not Capers (we get some talent up front and on the back side, and look what happens: his defense was pretty damn good). I think McCarthy's time here is up. It's certainly not gonna happen, but I think our team would benefit with a change. Problem is who do you go get.

The one thing I think maybe this year proved, is just how unimaginative and the lack of creativity in his offense. Say what you will about our receivers inability to get open most of the year (and Rodgers' reluctance to pull the trigger at times), but when you have that problem, you gotta change your scheme up and figure out a way to get guys open. We couldn't (or didn't) do that, and our offense suffered because of it. His problem is he's too stubborn, and his ego refuses to allow for his scheme to be the reason for failure. It's always "we gotta do a better job of getting open", yet we trot out the same formations, and run the same routes over and over. shyt is maddening. It's all good when you have Jordy taking safeties away from the play, and an ELITE route runner like Greg Jennings that's able to consistently get himself open, but when you don't have those things, you have to get creative, which we just didn't do at all this year.

I think TT is fine. I don't mind his reluctance to go big in Free Agency, because you're gonna overpay for the big names, and I have no issue with NOT doing that. It's kinda crazy how long it took him to get some good pieces on defense in place, but it finally happens, and our offense gets killed by injuries. We need another MLB, ESPECIALLY If Peppers and Perry don't come back (Perry looks like he's ready for a bigger role...convenient that it comes in his walk year). If we lose both of those guys, we need to free Clay up so he can go back outside and do what he's best at. Raji earned the right to come back, and I think Guion did too. Unless some team overpays for them, or they're expecting to get PAID, I'd bring 'em both back, and Perry too. I think Hayward will end up leaving, with Shields, Randall and Rollins being our main trio of CBs next year and Hyde being a jack-of-all trades.

The one thing I wish we had was a REAL weapon at the TE spot. Can you imagine if it were us that managed to get our hands on Jimmy Graham? I suspect that we'll be looking at MLB and TE early in the draft. Maybe even WR after what we went through this year. Abbrederis was a nice surprise late. I hope we're not fooled into think Janis is in any way ready either. He's still a work in progress, and just doesn't seem to know what he's doing out there. The only option for him seems to be to just go deep. He has no feel for the position yet. Hopefully he'll get there, but I can't see us going into next season counting on him for too much right now. He'll undoubtedly make the team (dude is a Special Teams ACE), but will end up being our 6th WR, and that's fine. Figure with Jordy back, Cobb & Montgomery healthy (Montgomery is a guy I think alot of ppl forget about that could've helped us big time if he hadn't gotten hurt. He's gonna be a player for us) and HOPEFULLY Adams putting this disaster of a year behind him. Now add a guy at TE that can consistently do some things, and our offense can be right back to what we're accustomed to.

When you think about it, that's not even asking that much from anybody. Just getting healthy, and finding another couple of guys. Imagine our offense getting the guys back and returning back to "normal", and our defense continuing to improve. shyt, we should've won last night against what was one of the 3 best teams in the league this year, yet we're viewing this year as a "disaster". Not a bad place to be in, all things considered. No reason we shouldn't be right back in this position next year, only playing at home instead.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FloorGeneral

I think Clay is best at ILB he can make more plays and he can move around

I think Peppers will be restructured and one of Perry and Neal stays but MLB and OLB need help. TE too.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
@FloorGeneral

I think Clay is best at ILB he can make more plays and he can move around

I think Peppers will be restructured and one of Perry and Neal stays but MLB and OLB need help. TE too.
I forgot Neal is a Free Agent. That complicates things. Peppers is due like $7m next year, and there's still the threat of him retiring. He's still productive, but I'm sure we'd rather lose him and keep Perry/Neal than keep him for one more year and lose one or both of the younger guys. Ideally we'd bring all 3 back, with Peppers on a lower cap number.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The Packers aren't that far away. If a few things broke their way the past few seasons it could have been them raising the Lombardi instead of the Seahawks or Patriots. They only need to tinker a bit not totally overhaul their roster. Another deep threat at receiver would help a lot preferably one with some size. Like others have mentioned a threat a tight end is needed as well. And a little bit of offensive line help via the draft to shake things up is something else they need to do.