[6/17/23] AEW Collision Debut: FTR/Sourpuss Punk vs. BC Gold/Joe, Andrade/Matthews, Miro Back, and More

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Live from the United Center, it's the debut episode of AEW Collision

• Main Event: Sourpuss Punk & AEW Tag Team Champs FTR vs. Samoa Joe, Jay White, and *checks notes* Juice Robinson
  • AEW TNT Championship (Finally on TNT for once): Wardlow (c) vs. Luchasaurus
  • Andrade El Idolo vs. Buddy Matthews
  • Toni Storm & Ruby Soho vs. Skye Blue and Willow Nightingale
  • Sourpuss Punk will celebrate Festivus early and air some grievances
  • Miro is back (FINALLY)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's a nice card but I hope it has video packages and stuff that will continue to build Forbidden Door. That shyt is next week and Collision feels like it's for a different promotion at this point :dead:

I get they want to keep the Bucks happy by isolating Punk but that doesn't mean you have to neglect your whole damn product :mjlol: just 1 segment and a couple of videos to continue building the big matches is all I ask for....

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Keller stated, “I am under the impression between now and Saturday, there’s going to be something that comes out that media wise that is not gonna help matters, probably. I don’t mean to be cryptic but I haven’t heard the details or seen enough to say much but yea, I just don’t know. I just think it’s gonna be one of those weeks, I’ll put it that way…From what I’m hearing behind the scenes in AEW, it’s just gonna be one of those weeks.”

Keller channeling his inner Meltzer with this "news".

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Last week, Fightful Select reported that KENTA vs. CM Punk was the planned direction for AEW Forbidden Door. Shortly following that, we were told that Punk "wasn't thrilled with working with KENTA and he may come across badly in an interview.” However, there’s a lot more to this than meets the eye, and that might have been by design.

There are a lot of facets to this that have unraveled since then that may become more clear. We’re told that an ESPN interview is supposed to drop sometime soon, where Punk was talking about a number of topics. Among those topics was The Elite, and word got back to several on the roster at the June 14 AEW Dynamite tapings, and some of it didn’t go over well based on second-hand recountings.

We’re told that AEW did set up the interview and monitored things, but that CM Punk spoke in a way that would blur the lines, and create buzz for upcoming shows. Specifically, we’d heard that he’d answered questions in a way that would make the audience wonder if it was him angling for a story, or if he was shooting. We aren’t sure what eventually will make it into the final ESPN piece, but we heard that the interview was conducted last week. We’re told that Punk was very aware that it could come off polarizing based on his responses.

Recently, we’d reported that CM Punk was sent a series of documents that protected AEW, which included some non-disparagements.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Khan deciding to have 3 people return from long absences on the same night is tremendous stuff. Some real fukk next week, who cares energy.

Nah that's a good move. You want your first show to be a bang, and establish the stars who are gonna anchor the show for the foreseeable future right off the bat.

I'm interested to see how different the show is booked, Danielson and Punk have good minds, and if they are gonna be heavily involved in creative direction it has a chance to be more than what Kenny and the Bucks preach on Dynamite. TK a pushover they should be able to force a different vibe for Collision.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can totally see Punk buying into the idea of "sacrificing" himself to the fans and "wrestling media" to create buzz and intrigue. He's the kind of guy that would love to portray himself as someone that carrying the biggest weight possible on his shoulders for the sake of his company and out of love of wrestling or some shyt :russ:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’m ready for that heel Punk run
:blessed:

May only last one week when he shatters his knee doing the GTS but it will be glorious