Ask a breh with Asperger's Syndrome anything!

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
What would you say are the telltale signs of a person with asperger’s?
A professional psychiatrist is the best person to answer that but a few general symptoms include social awkwardness, intense interest in a particular subject, difficulty expressing your emotions, and repetitive actions. Again, a professional is the only person who can really answer this question.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Do you have any friends?
I have some but it's been a struggle keeping up with them as much as I should. I struggle with making friends to begin with since I'm so shy as well. Depression is an extremely common co-morbidity of Asperger's, so a lot of times I feel unable or not good enough to befriend someone.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
@KyokushinKarateMan you got another fellow autistic breh to get along with..

OP my cousin got Asperger's I understand it's awkward with new people but he's pretty interesting at times I just got to tell him to shut the fukk up when I've had enough of him or he will have you there for hours.
Thanks. We need more exposure for Black men with autism.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Fellow autistic person here. Diagnosed later in life though. Do you feel that your early diagnosis made a difference in how your adult life is??? Can you live independently and shyt or do you need help with certain functions?
I can live independently. I live on my own and I work and pay bills. I feel like being diagnosed as a kid gave me more awareness of resources to get myself help. Most people that I see who get diagnosed as adults live somewhat functional lives. It is also called high-functioning autism for a reason.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Is it really that hard to understand social cues?

Like if there's 3 stalls in the bathroom and I'm at the far end, are you really just gonna use the middle one and start talking to me like that ain't weird AF?

Or how about if I move to a seat farther than you. Will you then just get up and come closer even though it's obvious AF I don't wanna be sat next to?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

Like if there's 3 stalls in the bathroom and I'm at the far end, are you really just gonna use the middle one and start talking to me like that ain't weird AF?

Or how about if I move to a seat farther than you. Will you then just get up and come closer even though it's obvious AF I don't wanna be sat next to?
It depends on the person. Most aspies have gotten enough admonitions in life to figure out if something is a social faux pas but there's always days where you forget shyt like that.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida

:russ:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

Nikka you cheated on your disabled wife while she was pregnant.

You the last mfer to be talking about social cues :camby:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I have some but it's been a struggle keeping up with them as much as I should. I struggle with making friends to begin with since I'm so shy as well. Depression is an extremely common co-morbidity of Asperger's, so a lot of times I feel unable or not good enough to befriend someone.

I don't know you breh, but this is never true.
Your friendship is good enough for anyone.
Thanks for sharing your situation.