Ask a breh with Asperger's Syndrome anything!

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
is this your hero?...

images

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Currently still in college but I want to be a social media manager or a Public Relations agent after I graduate. A PR major is a hella of a lot of writing though.

Breh id stop worrying about school and train urself on how to make eye contact and socialize better for those types of jobs...

Bless up either way and good luck.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can live independently. I live on my own and I work and pay bills. I feel like being diagnosed as a kid gave me more awareness of resources to get myself help. Most people that I see who get diagnosed as adults live somewhat functional lives. It is also called high-functioning autism for a reason.

Lucky you. Do you have issues with stimming, sleeping, eating, temperature regulation issues, digestive issues, sensory issues, meltdowns, scripting, oversharing and etc? How did your family go about seeking therapy? I might have to try going out of state for help.

With that said, autism is NO joke. Personally, ill keep it a buck. I think its best to speak how youre dealing with it from your experience and not speak for others. It would be in the best interests of others such as myself who may have different issues pertaining to it and havent been to get help in managing with it. People might read your experience and think its the same for all us high functioning folks when its called a spectrum.

I pretty much have grown up into a full adult not knowing let alone believing it and now... i have to remind myself that im not a neurotypical person and even have to keep myself aware of when that shyt pops up like this morning. Its embarrassing especially when people point out certain things

Just had to point that out. Not trying to derail your thread

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Lucky you. Do you have issues with stimming, sleeping, eating, temperature regulation issues, digestive issues, sensory issues, meltdowns, scripting, oversharing and etc? How did your family go about seeking therapy? I might have to try going out of state for help.

With that said, autism is NO joke. Personally, ill keep it a buck. I think its best to speak how youre dealing with it from your experience and not speak for others. It would be in the best interests of others such as myself who may have different issues pertaining to it and havent been to get help in managing with it. People might read your experience and think its the same for all us high functioning folks when its called a spectrum.

I pretty much have grown up into a full adult not knowing let alone believing it and now... i have to remind myself that im not a neurotypical person and even have to keep myself aware of when that shyt pops up like this morning. Its embarrassing especially when people point out certain things

Just had to point that out. Not trying to derail your thread
I have issues with stimming. In fact, a guy at school called me out for it yesterday:mjlol:. I overshare information and overeat due to stress. I don't have sensory overload but I do get tired after being around a lot of people at once.

As for ensuring that this is my experience and that this doesn't apply to anyone else, I full-heartedly agree. Every other diagnosed aspie I've met (which is only a few) have a completely different personality than me. It's truly is not an one size fits all ordeal.

Last edited: