Billionaire Jack Ma: If You’re Still Poor at 35, It’s Your Fault

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there self-made rich people? Of course.
The vast majority are not though.

It is tiring to be lectured about struggle from people who are born into great situations.....or were fortunate enough to receive certain help and opportunities that allowed them to climb the ladder.

Economic mobility is at one of the lowest points in the country's history. People aren't poor just because they want to.

Jack Ma is a hustler no doubt..... the fact that he focused on getting his English tight was critical... couple that with the timing of a starting a business in the beginning of the dot.com era and voila......

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I ain't going to lie fam it takes a special type of stupid to even think that's what dude is saying/implying.
You resort to calling me stupid and I'm just asking a fukking question ... seriously?

Boy Wonder

Ain't kissing ass for no rep
Daps
Oh look,

Another rich piece of shyt blaming the poor for their problems as he likely bands together with his rich friends and politicians to make sure they can get away with as many crimes or change as many laws as possible to increase their wealth.

fukk this guy.

:russell:
Clearly that's not what he said, but keep being ignorant though. The Coli strikes again. :sas2:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I ain't going to lie fam it takes a special type of stupid to even think that's what dude is saying/implying.

folks always trying to find a "but..but" no where did he imply u must have billions. the point is to focus on what matters, even if no one believes in u. be disciplined. and chase u goals.
You missed the part where you said I agree.

He may be implying my original statement by the way he speaks about his friends who I'm sure are not "poor" by our standards. I'm sure most of you dumb passive aggressively dapping mother fukkers who probably failed English wouldn't see that though.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:dwillhuh: Man miss me with that bootstraps bullshyt.

[5] Ma attended Hangzhou Teacher's Institute[6] (currently known asHangzhou Normal University) and graduated in 1988 with a bachelor's degree in English. While at school, Ma was elected student chairman.[4][4] He became a lecturer in English and International Trade at the Hangzhou Dianzi University and later enrolled at Beijing-based Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB), graduating in 2006.[1]

In 1994, Ma heard about the Internet. In early 1995, he went to the US and with his friends' help he got introduced to the Internet. During his first encounter he searched the word "beer". Although he found information related to beer from many countries, he was surprised to find none from China. Further, he tried to search for general information about China and again was surprised to find none. So he and his friend created an "ugly" website related to China.[8] Within five hours of creating the website he had received emails from some Chinese wishing to know about him. This is when Ma realized that the Internet had something great to offer. In April 1995, Ma, his wife and a friend collected $20,000 and started an Internet company. Their company was dedicated to creating websites for companies.

So timing was a huge benefit of his success as well.

Ma began building websites for Chinese companies with the help of friends in the US. He has said that "the day we got connected to the Web, I invited friends and TV people over to my house," and on a very slow dial-up connection, "we waited three and a half hours and got half a page.... We drank, watched TV and played cards, waiting. But I was so proud. I proved (to my house guests that) the Internet existed."[9] (At a conference in 2010, Ma revealed that he has never actually written a line of code nor made one sale to a customer. He acquired a computer for the first time at the age of 33.[10])

LMAO
:russ:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with him if the end goal is non-poverty. You've had 17 years as an adult to figure shyt out. We all had our moments on the bottom but if you can't get to some form of middle class by 35 all hope is lost is you are a fully functioning healthy adult without a drug problem.

why would all hope be lost ? unless youre in prison its never too late to turn things around. they just havent had that moment where they say they will NOT continue on the current path. im sure for some people it doesnt come until later in life. you never know when something will happen to light a fire under someones ass

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

That's why I scoff at these nikkas talking about a universal living wage. This motherfukker one of the most educated people on the planet. Talking about if your not rich by 35 it's your fault. you think he's gonna have sympathy for the plight of the average person who can't find a job, when most of them shyts become automated?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Jack Ma is a hustler no doubt..... the fact that he focused on getting his English tight was critical... couple that with the timing of a starting a business in the beginning of the dot.com era and voila......

In 94 I was 12, hell a lot of the people that post here were not even born yet. You saying it's our fault we couldn't make a profit during the dot.com era. I hate cats like this.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
why would all hope be lost ? unless youre in prison its never too late to turn things around. they just havent had that moment where they say they will NOT continue on the current path. im sure for some people it doesnt come until later in life. you never know when something will happen to light a fire under someones ass

I'm not saying their aren't outliners and I will exclude people from prison (long term bids only). I'm not talking wealth, you can be 35 still building but to be 35 still living in the projects....I will take back all hope being lost and give them a sliver a hope.