Religion/Spirituality Do you really believe in Karma?

Do you really believe in Karma?

• Yes

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, but not in the traditional sense of the word.

I don't think there's some mystical force rewarding/punishing people for their actions. But I do believe that you get back the energy that you put into the world.

For example if you're a nice person and are cordial with strangers, its only a matter of time before someone takes note and returns that energy to you.

On the other hand if you're an aggressive "road rage" type driver, its only a matter of time before you get in an accident with a no insurance having a$$hole.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Before I clicked on this thread I believed in karma 1000%. After reading some of the responses in here I may have been influenced to tweak my views a little, I may have to sleep on it and post a more intelligent post tomorrow.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Before I clicked on this thread I believed in karma 1000%. After reading some of the responses in here I may have been influenced to tweak my views a little, I may have to sleep on it and post a more intelligent post tomorrow.

For what it's worth i believed in Karma during the first 30 years of my life.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once i realized how young kids could die of cancer or be shot and killed the concept of karma just didn't make sense anymore.
If you just keep it to the occurrences of your personal life, does karma make sense then? That's my dilemma... sometimes on a grand scale karma doesn't make sense but in my personal life I feel like my positive and negative actions get evened out depending on what I do.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Interesting discussion :ehh:

I'm part of the "No" camp because I think that the notion of Karma (from a Western POV) is often the belief of a reward that will happen in consequence of whatever deed was done regardless of any notion of chaos and/or randomness. It establishes that everything has a consequence and that our actions are somehow balanced by said consequences which is proven false everyday.

But I can understand (not necessarily believing) the Eastern way of "past lives" influencing current or future ones which would be part a broader perspective and of their belief system. That's an interesting take at least.

Last edited:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Interesting discussion :ehh:

I'm part of the "No" camp because I think that the notion of Karma (from a Western POV) is often the belief of a reward that will happen in consequence of whatever deed was done regardless of any notion of chaos and/or randomness. It establishes that everything has a consequence and that our actions are somehow balanced by said consequences which is proven false everyday.

But I can understand (not necessarily believing) the Eastern way of "past lives" influencing current or future ones which would be part a broader perspective and of their belief system. That's an interesting take at least.

Well said...

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Ask yourself do you really believe Karma is what causes billionaire cacs to be born into wealthy families with the money to never work a single day in life?

Then ask yourself is Karma what caused that innocent kid out for a walk to step on a land mine and have his legs blown off before the age of 10?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once i realized how young kids could die of cancer or be shot and killed the concept of karma just didn't make sense anymore.

I think confusing yourself that these kids just happened to have cancer out of the blue is the reason many don't understand karma. Also you didn't take in factors of environment, food, genetics, etc.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I think confusing yourself that these kids just happened to have cancer out of the blue is the reason many don't understand karma. Also you didn't take in factors of environment, food, genetics, etc.

No i took all those factors in environment, food, genetics, etc...

But you have my attention if you would be so kind to enlighten me on karma.