Religion/Spirituality Do you really believe in Karma?

Do you really believe in Karma?

• Yes

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Your political views about Israel coincide with that, just like your avatar does....

I hope your getting paid well for your views on here, you gotta be on the clock to say what you do.

I don't have to work for a living so that means something at the end of the day.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Done a bunch of demonic stuff.
Did trif stuff to women.
Did some grimey stuff.

Nothing bad has ever happened to me.

women are creatures that are meant for the soul purpose and enjoyment for to be dominated by man

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Causality and Probability? Yes.

Karma (Traditional Eastern or b*stardized Western versions)? No.

Karma is just another construct that people believe in to make the human condition more bearable...just another attempt to make sense out of the absurd.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Karma isn't a real force in the universe. All the pieces of absolute shyt walking around and the pieces of shyt from years past who lived good lives disprove the idea of a karmic force.

The only real aspect to karma is when you go and carry out justice against mofukkas. :demonic: It doesn't happen on its own.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Karma has different aspects, but the word actually means "activity".

The most mundane configuration is simple road rage (type shyt). Someone pissies you off, then you're agro and bark on the dude at Starbucks.. and so on. Bad activity propagates.

A slightly more abstract example deals with generational activity. Sins of the father. Children suffer and die because their parents are doin it wrong. Families teach kids violence and addiction and it spreads through time.

The most esoteric version is the "Good Karma" idea. Doing good magically brings you benefits from unrelated sources. I believe in this. Honesty is great for business. I won't bother with my personal case study, but of course I feel blessed and I give until it hurts and so far... knock on wood... it's been good.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
In that sense, yes, you're right. If you go out and act positive and do positive things for people you're more likely to get back simply because you're influencing others' behaviour and putting yourself at the forefront of their mind as a good person who is worth helping. The opposite is true, if you're an a$$hole to folk then no one's interested in helping you out.

The notion of the universe proportionately handing out payback in some form or another to balance out individuals' actions is bullshyt. It's probably a mixture of people seeing patterns in things, the widely held religious beliefs that a supreme being is watching over you and others that believes in good and evil, magic thinking and people holding out hope that the jerks of the world get theirs in this world or another.

So. If the mechanism works in a strictly "realistic" way then it can still be said to be true. Alligators don't cooperate and they do fine. Nothing says that humans have to be nice to each other. Just so happens, though: for whatever reason Human society is like that. Pretty dope. Even if the whloe Universe is some accident, it's still a miracle.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I believe that what goes around comes around when it comes to how you treat people but not because of some "karma". I believe in action-reaction pairs.