Dope Black Owned Anime Fails To Get Traction on Kickstarter

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Can you tell me the process of how to make it a manga?!?! how do you go about that process??? :jbhmm: might need this information in the future, how much they charge for that shyt?

Well I mean, in Japan, getting a manga deal is like getting a record deal, you draw up some shyt and they put you in their big magazines if they like your shyt enough and they just pay you to keep making them weekly. You get your shyt released as graphic novels if it garners that type of attention.

Then you get an animation studio interested in your shyt if it ranks high enough and it turns into an anime.

If you can't draw, then you gotta pay someone to be involved with your shyt.

You will be paying per page and the easiest way to find someone to draw your stuff is getting young graduates from art schools. Go on deviant art and etc.

If anyone really serious about making japanese style animation and comics...I say you better off just going to Japan and making contacts after you identified your market, started creating, and got a sizable audience. :yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Well I mean, in Japan, getting a manga deal is like getting a record deal, you draw up some shyt and they put you in their big magazines if they like your shyt enough and they just pay you to keep making them weekly. You get your shyt released as graphic novels if it garners that type of attention.

Then you get an animation studio interested in your shyt if it ranks high enough and it turns into an anime.

If you can't draw, then you gotta pay someone to be involved with your shyt.

You will be paying per page and the easiest way to find someone to draw your stuff is getting young graduates from art schools. Go on deviant art and etc.

If anyone really serious about making japanese style animation and comics...I say you better off just going to Japan and making contacts after you identified your market, started creating, and got a sizable audience. :yeshrug:

Dude I already got my artist collaborating on my graphic novel with me but it's more westernized would that work in japan tho?!?:ohhh::jbhmm: Anyone know of connections out there to gather interest??? I mean does it specifically have to be a manga formatted and drawn book???

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Dude I already got my artist collaborating on my graphic novel with me but it's more westernized would that work in japan tho?!?:ohhh::jbhmm: Anyone know of connections out there to gather interest??? I mean does it specifically have to be a manga formatted and drawn book???

If it is Western, then you just gotta work the comic book circuit.

Manga format and drawn is specifically Japanese and East Asian and it ties back to how they release it.

A manga is released weekly. That's why there are no colors and shyt.

Now what you could do, is convert your graphic novel into a light novel and get the illustrations drawn in an anime style.

A light novel is a 50,000 word novel that appeals to middle-school and high school aged kids with some anime style illustrations. It's essentially the Japanese YA novel. Light novels are also made into manga and anime and even games.

So novelize your graphic novel, get your cartoons redrawn anime style, get a translator to translate your novel into Japanese, get a book agent and try to sell it over there.

In terms of connections, there are plenty of Westerners in Japan that try to get into the anime/manga and Japanese gaming industry.

Link up with them. They'll know Japanese people that could help you.

Like, I would go and find every single Western journalist/reporter on manga/anime and hit them up.

I would find Western voice actors of anime and hit them up.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If it is Western, then you just gotta work the comic book circuit.

Manga format and drawn is specifically Japanese and East Asian and it ties back to how they release it.

A manga is released weekly. That's why there are no colors and shyt.

Now what you could do, is convert your graphic novel into a light novel and get the illustrations drawn in an anime style.

A light novel is a 50,000 word novel that appeals to middle-school and high school aged kids with some anime style illustrations. It's essentially the Japanese YA novel.

So novelize your graphic novel, get your cartoons redrawn anime style, get a translator to translate your novel into Japanese, get a book agent and try to sell it over there.

In terms of connections, there are plenty of Westerners in Japan that try to get into the anime/manga and Japanese gaming industry.

Link up with them. They'll know Japanese people that could help you.

Like, I would go and find every single Western journalist/reporter on manga/anime and hit them up.

I would find Western voice actors of anime and hit them up.

Duly noted.... bookmarked for future reference...:salute:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've got to support our own shyt man. Who the hell else will.

:francis:

Community support is lacking. :beli:

Blerds don't actually support black art.

Social media hotep pro blacks only complain about black support and never support black.

Black people don't support our own what do you expect.

:what:. fukk all of y'all.

Don't put this shyt on all of black people because some obscure anime didn't get traction on Kickstarter. Most people probably never even heard of this shyt. :camby:

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
No disrespect, but, I'm tired of black people doing business like this.

Crowdfunding has it's limits and black folk are undergirding their entire business with it and it's not a great idea.

If black folk can't get business loans, then, we've got an issue we need to address.

It wastes everyone's time and money when you donate, can't donate anymore and the project stops.

I hope they can turn it around.
I am confused how an NBA player could not get any other basketball player to donate. I may not know all the details but I would think he could of gotten a business loan.

Also this is the first time I heard of this project or his company

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I am confused how an NBA player could not get any other basketball player to donate. I may not know all the details but I would think he could of gotten a business loan.

Also this is the first time I heard of this project or his company

He did get like 6 total producer and executive producer donations..I am assuming those are nba players.