Dope Black Owned Anime Fails To Get Traction on Kickstarter

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
:what:. fukk all of y'all.

Don't put this shyt on all of black people because some obscure anime didn't get traction on Kickstarter. Most people probably never even heard of this shyt. :camby:

I said black nerds you dummy.

Most black nerds are ironically obsessed with cac projects and art and support them the most.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:. fukk all of y'all.

Don't put this shyt on all of black people because some obscure anime didn't get traction on Kickstarter. Most people probably never even heard of this shyt. :camby:

Somehow "Most people" spend 99% of their time twitter/facebook posting shyt that meaningless and what white people think of us and you want to complain about what we post.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You just gave me a bunch of numbers with no context breh.

My bad. Thats a break down of production for anime as of 2010. So each individual cost needs to be paid. The price has probably gone up. Either way the extra 5k ain't enough to float. Ain't like he needs 50k and is finessing people.

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
so we're suppose to give our money to a "black owned anime" because it's black owned? I aint giving shyt to an anime. I got a list of anime series I need to watch and I do it all for free. The premise looks cool but it's not enough to convince me.

FSP

Banned
Daps
My bad. Thats a break down of production for anime as of 2010. So each individual cost needs to be paid. The price has probably gone up. Either way the extra 5k ain't enough to float. Ain't like he needs 50k and is finessing people.
It's not so much that it's if you don't reach your goal then you are left with 0 money. I guess if he a ball player and got it like that it wouldn't be too much of a deal. Also the trailer imo is a little too campy to expect 125k.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's not so much that it's if you don't reach your goal then you are left with 0 money. I guess if he a ball player and got it like that it wouldn't be too much of a deal. Also the trailer imo is a little too campy to expect 125k.

Animation is expensive. Watching the rough edits and storyboards and cheap pilots for everything (simpsons, boondocks, regular show, bobs burgers, South park,)

Even with marvel x-men in the 90's season 1-4 was done with one animation company and season 5 was with someone else and the quality, look and style of the show is different. It's the same people but they are drawn a lil different. It's just not the same. You can watch them on hulu. If you binge watch then you get to season 5 you're like ":patrice: it's the same show, same characters but somethings different"

Same with boondocks. They switches animation companies and you notice a difference in the quality. From some extremely dope scenes to some borderline bullshyt that really pays homage to cheap anime.