Dope Black Owned Anime Fails To Get Traction on Kickstarter

FSP

Banned
Daps
Animation is expensive. Watching the rough edits and storyboards and cheap pilots for everything (simpsons, boondocks, regular show, bobs burgers, South park,)

Even with marvel x-men in the 90's season 1-4 was done with one animation company and season 5 was with someone else and the quality, look and style of the show is different. It's the same people but they are drawn a lil different. It's just not the same. You can watch them on hulu. If you binge watch then you get to season 5 you're like ":patrice: it's the same show, same characters but somethings different"

Same with boondocks. They switches animation companies and you notice a difference in the quality. From some extremely dope scenes to some borderline bullshyt that really pays homage to cheap anime.
Lmao I did notice that about the Boondocks. I think they went for a more modern style in the 2nd and 3rd seasons but the first season had it right. If I’m remembering this correctly the first season was drawn different right?

Daps
Well I mean, in Japan, getting a manga deal is like getting a record deal, you draw up some shyt and they put you in their big magazines if they like your shyt enough and they just pay you to keep making them weekly. You get your shyt released as graphic novels if it garners that type of attention.

Then you get an animation studio interested in your shyt if it ranks high enough and it turns into an anime.

If you can't draw, then you gotta pay someone to be involved with your shyt.

You will be paying per page and the easiest way to find someone to draw your stuff is getting young graduates from art schools. Go on deviant art and etc.

If anyone really serious about making japanese style animation and comics...I say you better off just going to Japan and making contacts after you identified your market, started creating, and got a sizable audience. :yeshrug:

A foreigner/westerner becoming a published manga artist is like trying to find a grain of rice in a haystack. There are already thousands of talented native Japanese manga artists who try to become published every year and dont make it.

Breh would be better off staying in America and trying to become a paid Webtoon artist.

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
In related news, after a couple successful kickstarters, Netflix has greenlit 12 episodes of LeSean Thomas' Canon Busters series.

Looks interesting, but not there yet :patrice:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lmao I did notice that about the Boondocks. I think they went for a more modern style in the 2nd and 3rd seasons but the first season had it right. If I’m remembering this correctly the first season was drawn different right?

Exactly.