For Real, the discrimination towards mutants in the Marvel Universe makes no sense

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a stupid comic universe breh. In another dumb comic universe, superman can play superhero without a mask then go to work at the daily planet like nothing happened. :manny:
funny thing about that. superman has the power to make people see him however he wants. so when people view clark kent, he looks slightly different :heh:

edit: or hypnotic glasses

sm330d.jpg

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's stupid that mutants a superior stronger being ..are being outcasted and killed off by weaker humans. Non of that universe makes sense when you really consider this. Humans should be in fear and humbled instead of mutants seeking refuge for being more powerful.
That's pretty much Magneto's mission. :what:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's stupid that mutants a superior stronger being ..are being outcasted and killed off by weaker humans. Non of that universe makes sense when you really consider this. Humans should be in fear and humbled instead of mutants seeking refuge for being more powerful.

Humans outnumber mutants and most mutants are peaceful and sympahetic to humans, since they consider themselves to be but mere humans with powers. This precludes most mutants directly harming humans.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
That's pretty much Magneto's mission. :what:

I know that is his mission but it really shouldnt be a mission. Mutants are more powerful, as soon as humans decided to wipe them out or make them null and void it should have been light work as easy as 1..2..3 as putting them back in they place. Imagine you having the ability to control the weather and some group of humans in a bar try to pick on you on some dumbshyt cause you a mutant. They would learn quickly lighting can strike the same place twice. I know its a comic universe but the premise is just a little unbelievable. If that happen in the world today we would be fearful slaves of these mutant gods.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy because I'm sure if some mutants applied for (or made) another superhero team that wasn't the X-men, they might be able to get the benefit of the doubt that they received their powers through some other manner like Ant/Giant Man. Joining the X-men pretty much screams I'm a mutant. Again though, most people aren't geneticists and I doubt if anyone could tell whether or not someone like Sunfire was a mutant, a product of a radioactive accident, or something in between without the use of cerebro or their blood sample.

Why hasn't Daredevil ever been called a mutie?

I think the public has a special place in their hearts for mutants who are rumored to have become so through accidents or experimentation, rather than outright genetic inheritance. The former is how Spider amand Daredevil gained theiir power while the latter is how Wolverine did. Humans who gain their powers through haphazard means often retain their human form easier than mutants, and are more palatable to the public mind. When Daredevil takes off his glasses he's a blind man. When Cyclops takes off his sunglasses he shoots deadly laser beams out of his eyes. The government also can better control accidental mutants because those guys usually aren't secluded from human life and don't pop up as randomly as real mutants. The Hulk is easier to control than Apocalypse.

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought Xmen were born mutants while spiderman FF4 had accidents which changed their DNA

X gene

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Especially with heroes like the Fantastic Four being worshiped and adored. You don't think today's media and public would not speculate whether or not the FF were born mutants. Also how do they know people like Spider-man and Daredevil aren't mutants. That shyt never made sense to me. I mean we as readers know how these heroes got their powers, but how can the public in the stories differentiate. Maybe Cyclops was hit by a radioactive laser beam and got his powers. I mean, am I wrong?
They want mutants to shuck and jive friend. Basically use their powers to protect humans and be at humans beck and call. To basically not separate themselves from humanity. Alot of it though is fear, based on jealousy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I used to troll X-Men stans on the old Wizardworld boards about this all the time...none of them could explain why a hot chick who can make it rain like Storm is feared and hated but a rock monster like the Thing was a beloved celebrity.
And unless everyone walked around with a "mutant detector" wouldn't all the people who hated mutants just automatically assume that anyone with powers was a mutant?
The idea of mutants being hated and feared by society only works in a world where there are no other super-powered beings except mutants.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Fear and distrust of non-mutant superheroes is a pretty common theme.
furthermore, people in power have seen their CHILDREN and NEIGHBORS grow up and turn into this

250px-Toad.png

this
nicholas-hoult-beast-x-men-days-of-future-past11.jpg

and this

morlocks3.jpg

mutants aren't "super heroes" to the world..they're FREAKS. They're mistakes and they're telling the world that they are the future. That is scary and people fear them. This is self evident if you all ever read xmen comics.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I used to troll X-Men stans on the old Wizardworld boards about this all the time...none of them could explain why a hot chick who can make it rain like Storm is feared and hated but a rock monster like the Thing was a beloved celebrity.
And unless everyone walked around with a "mutant detector" wouldn't all the people who hated mutants just automatically assume that anyone with powers was a mutant?
The idea of mutants being hated and feared by society only works in a world where there are no other super-powered beings except mutants.
well first of all the fantastic four were KNOWN ASTRONAUTS before the accident, and the thing IS feared and known as a freak in comics at times...this is a common theme too.