Full Circle (HBO Max) l A Steven Soderbergh limited series l Zazie Beetz, Timothy Olyphant, Dennis Quaid

Daps
Reppin
Canada
MV5-BYj-U3-Mzc5-Njct-Zm-U3-Ny00-ZTI4-LThl-Nm-Yt-ODk4-MWE3-Yz-Nh-YTc0-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTAx-Nz-Q.jpg

"An investigation into a botched kidnapping uncovers long-held secrets connecting multiple characters and cultures in present day New York City."

Episodes 1 and 2 went up at midnight, watching the first one now.

EDIT: Yooooo :lupe:

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with this cast, soderbergh and it being on HBO i am shocked this isn't getting more attention

:wtf:

just finished the first episode starting the second now. first episode was really good. this along with Silo are the best new shows that I've seen in 2023. (edit: forgot the last of us was 2023 too, that too obviously.)

they were definitely about to just let this poor kid get murked when jared came home :wow:

Last edited:

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
Yeah I don't know about this one. Another show where I don't care about many, if any of the characters. I'd say I was disappointed in Zazie but she was my least favorite in Atlanta and she's trash in this. Completely unbelievable in her role. The buzz cut, skinny, robotic, Asian dyke lover doesn't help either. :usure:

They gotta dead those shaky cam rear following shots too. This ain't a Bourne movie.

That little glizzy gobbling cac was an annoying fukk the second he appeared on screen with his mop of curlyish hair. Rolled my eyes when I saw that like :comeon: while he stairs at his sneaker wall.

Feels like a knockoff "Your Honor" minus the magnetic Cranston performance. We rooted for him even though his son was a jagoff. There's no one like that to root for here.

Then we got the Guyanese head negress in charge, who's basically Big Mo, engaging in

ad25afc9-e8c3-460c-b534-39c438256285_text.gif

Until the

58eb7688-35db-4b71-9e58-3652c8d2e46b_text.gif

:dead:

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Y’all are fast as fukk. Just saw the first two episodes. Thought I had discovered something. Great start though. I’m interested in how they’re going to connect all the dots.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

FIRST 2 EPS DEFINITELY HAVE MY INTEREST.

CURIOUS TO SEE WHERE
THEY GO WITH THIS.

THE ZAZIE BEATS CHARACTER
HAS BEEN COMPLETELY
FILLER TIME SO FAR.

:devil:
:evil:

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps

I FELT HE PEAKED IN
THE OPENING SCENE
AND GRADUALLY DECLINED FROM THERE.

:devil:
:evil:

:troll:you prolly thought he was going to be a badass but it turned out he aint all that tough or smart. he is playing his character pretty good so far.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am invested. It looks good so far.
That said

what random white kid lives a shack in Brooklyn or where ever with a Mac laptop and wifi connection?
Rich people don't give a shyt about the poor, once they got their son, they would hang up on that caller.

Why the two out of three young black women on screen have to lesbians? The cop and Zazi.

A postal inspector don't give a shyt on some dead guy in a wheelchair.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The photography/cinemtagraphy is excellent

like a lot of Soderbergh's best work (and his team) on movies like Out Of Sight, Traffic,

the color palettes and visual sense is incredible. The set design and shooting locations give it grounding in the real world.

The USPS seems weird, like they didn't want to go with stock federal law enforcement? DEA? FBI? HSI? Felt too obvious?

Think her character is very well played, but some of it feels off. Like not a real agent.

Aspects of the characters behavior in the first two, strains credulity, a bit. Not calling the police? But maybe this will be explained in whatever secrets the family is hiding and there are obviously some.

Did I miss when Zazie turned the kid? Seemed to just happen all at once.

The dude leaving a business card in the shared living areas seemed very deus ex machina, or something like that.
Like she has been working with him for weeks, and gave him a business card? They didn't figure out how to communicate discreetly?

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with this heavy. Really creepy ominous score. I also like how it was a boy instead of a girl for once.