Full Circle (HBO Max) l A Steven Soderbergh limited series l Zazie Beetz, Timothy Olyphant, Dennis Quaid

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
In it for fukkery story and criticizing Guyanese accents. The young girl seems to he the only one capturing them Chicken Curry ass nikkas. :mjgrin:

Edit: Jim Gaffigan is a much better actor than I would've ever given him credit for. He has a dark ass way about him that makes me think he can definitely pull off a role in a drama as a killer or a pedophile or something. Not just because they look a like, but definitely a Phillip Seymour Hoffman kind of creep vibe to him that he can tap into. Never thought I'd say anything good about him.

And last but not least Claire Danes :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52092850
Daps
"Her name is Melody Harmony?" :mjtf::gucci:

Melody Harmony is Beth Dutton status. An unlikable, eye roll inducing character whose scenes I tune out. :francis:

Claire Danes is reminding me of Kim Wexler with her attire :mjlit:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Went back to finish the episode and realized I'd quit on it with 8 minutes left :pachaha:
The whole idea of them dropping two episode at once is so you can see the plan and not just them talking about it.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The amazing thing about this show is that none of these motherfukkers are competent or extraordinary in any way. Not the criminals, not the cops, and certainly not the WASPy family. And yet, it's a damn good thriller instead of an absurd comedy.

Right, that's insightful way to put it. We are so used to super criminals, and dynamic families, that seeing something closer to reality is a little unsettling and harder to absorb. Had the same thought, none of these characters are great at what they do, which is closer to how a lot of real life is. They are all products of their circumstances. A family like the Browne's, like the Roys, is propped up by class privilege, and connections, money and the benefit of the doubt.

The Guayense aren't so much propped up, but made ruthless and at times sloppy by their beliefs. The characters like life, don't have endless knowledge, courage, or cold blood. Again, creating a very realistic feel. Soderbergh can be masterful at creating real people, even in dramatic situations. Out Of Sight is one of my favorite movies, for that reason.

but this is closer to The Girlfriend Experience, in terms of how each character behaves, and is written.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So none of these people sound Guyanese but they're supposed to be :patrice:

Jarrell Jerome is so overrated. He's doing the same shyt he always does - not much