Full Circle (HBO Max) l A Steven Soderbergh limited series l Zazie Beetz, Timothy Olyphant, Dennis Quaid

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Show was just like the circle in the park to close/stop the curse. Full of smoke & mirrors, and almost went the distance but ultimately dropped the ball.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This was not that good and a chore to make it through. From now on with these limited series if I'm not in during the first episode then I'm not wasting my time anymore.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
8 minutes in and they doing some kinda shaky cam.

Y'all saying it ain't worth it?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The photography is beautiful, the acting is excellent, the settings in NYC are pristine, and shot on location. The budget is there. The color schemes that Soderbergh uses are there.

The story is weird and unfolds in a very off narrative structure. The story is unique in a sense of lesser known places and people. The USPS inspectors as opposed to the FBI. Zazie plays a postal inspector in the criminal division, so fukking weird. Guyana, and not Colombia. I think that if you like Soderbergh, it's better than anything he's done since The Girlfriend Experience.

It's not an A show. It's a B show, with A value.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just finished this last week, really enjoyed it. The tone of the show is very off kilter. On one hand you have this very dramatic score, fit for a prestige drama. On the other hand the plot reveals itself through a comedy of errors. From the bumbling celebrity chef to the superstitious mad woman running a criminal organization into the ground to the amount of time it took them to realize they kidnapped the wrong kid...you'd laugh if not for the score lol.

Great acting performances and as others have said, the location shots of New York are amazing.