Full Circle (HBO Max) l A Steven Soderbergh limited series l Zazie Beetz, Timothy Olyphant, Dennis Quaid

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The amazing thing about this show is that none of these motherfukkers are competent or extraordinary in any way. Not the criminals, not the cops, and certainly not the WASPy family. And yet, it's a damn good thriller instead of an absurd comedy.
you must be ignoring the zazie beetz lines then

they turned her into some kind of super cop

and that shyt is cringe and ruining the show, if soderbergh is self aware and writing her like that on purpose then good for him i guess, but it's still taking way fromt he show, i don't think it's irony tho. this the same dude who thought gina carano had something other than some type of female henchman in an action movie.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I saw ‘botched kidnapping’ im in. For some reason these types of movies are always good. Gone Girl, Gone Baby Gone, Deep water….or maybe just fw Affleck movies

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
you must be ignoring the zazie beetz lines then

they turned her into some kind of super cop

and that shyt is cringe and ruining the show, if soderbergh is self aware and writing her like that on purpose then good for him i guess, but it's still taking way fromt he show, i don't think it's irony tho. this the same dude who thought gina carano had something other than some type of female henchman in an action movie.

She's the most knowledgeable about the case, but she's a shytshow. Completely unprofessional and no attention paid to procedure whatsoever. Plus her personal life is in ruins. The show is called Full Circle; eventually that shyt will come back to bite her. Soderbergh is too good a writer to let that shyt slide.

And Haywire was hot fiya, even if Carano is a total nutjob.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's the most knowledgeable about the case, but she's a shytshow. Completely unprofessional and no attention paid to procedure whatsoever. Plus her personal life is in ruins. The show is called Full Circle; eventually that shyt will come back to bite her. Soderbergh is too good a writer to let that shyt slide.

And Haywire was hot fiya, even if Carano is a total nutjob.
it's not just the case, she was all super copping the rich people's family and shyt without even having the info. she definitely on some mary sue shyt.

i'm enjoying the show outside of her scenes. shyt is cringe.

Daps

I FELT HE PEAKED IN
THE OPENING SCENE
AND GRADUALLY DECLINED FROM THERE.

:devil:
:evil:

Yea, at the beginning I thought dude was finally going to give a performance worth a damn outside of that woe is me lane, but nope. :francis:

Best part of the show is the story for me. I was unimpressed by the acting and especially the cinematography (felt like a low budget flick at times) but the story kept me intrigued. My only gripe is Nat/Louis taking such an extraordinary risk for some random white kid. I get not wanting to be party to a murder (although, Nat been there for years and didn’t realize Ms M’s business relied heavily on life insurance scams :comeon:), but it just doesn’t ring true that simply overhearing the plan would but that much of a battery in her pack. She would’ve simply snitched rather than putting herself in the center of it all. Other than that, I’m loving the story. So many different pieces fitting together.

I get the Zazie hate early on, but she’s definitely done a 180 and really hit her groove now that she’s on the case. Seeing through all the bullshyt which, for me, seemed pretty logical and true. Really liked the scene with her and Gene; from one true detective to another, real recognize real.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

YEA MELODY HARMONY
IS ON FIRE NOW.

THEY COULD HAVE JUST
LEFT OUT THAT FILLER
LGTB STORYLINE FROM THE START.

I GUESS THEY WERE USING
THAT TO INTRODUCE HER AS
A SOCIOPATH BUT IT FELL FLAT.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

YEA MELODY HARMONY
IS ON FIRE NOW.

THEY COULD HAVE JUST
LEFT OUT THAT FILLER
LGTB STORYLINE FROM THE START.

I GUESS THEY WERE USING
THAT TO INTRODUCE HER AS
A SOCIOPATH BUT IT FELL FLAT.

Yeah, the fact that the Asian was a former witness of hers was just another way to show that she doesn’t give a shyt about rules and can be manipulative as fukk.

And I don’t get the Mary Sue criticism. She’s not taking down master criminals, she’s talking to a rich ass family with so many secrets that they can’t even answer easy questions without it seeming like they’re hiding something.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melody Harmony is Beth Dutton status. An unlikable, eye roll inducing character whose scenes I tune out. :francis:
But Beth has a crazy ass plot armor though, where she always comes out on top. Melody, I feel like, is going to get hit hard the next two episodes. She’s been a dikk since her opening scene and the more we see it’s gotten worse. Her witness is about to get kidnapped.
it's not just the case, she was all super copping the rich people's family and shyt without even having the info. she definitely on some mary sue shyt.

i'm enjoying the show outside of her scenes. shyt is cringe.
I don’t think she super copped them. They’re all shady as shyt and are awful at hiding it. Kid told them on the phone to call Cherise. The mom goes, the fukk is Cherise and her husband goes, I don’t know a place:jbhmm:

They’ve shown that she’s just out here winging shyt on this case and a bunch of fukkups keep leaving pieces for her to put together.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say the Zazie Beetz character has annoyed me less in the last two episodes.

the show itself is decent/good, nothing great. it's kind of funny how dumb/incompetent some of the characters are.

Daps
The acting has not been good in this…Zazie Beetz is trying to do something that would be done better by someone else