• Timbaland

Votes: 69 25.0%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Timbaland also produced several songs for bjork (I have no idea what genre she's in tho, she's out there)

:yes:

^^^ song actually charted

I was a much bigger fan of "Innocence" and "Hope" though from the same album. Both co-produced by Tim & Danja.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Pharell it's tough but Dre,Kanye and Timb are in the top echelon of all time great producers they Berry Gordy status that's not a knock on Pharell he's right below it it's just Dre and Timb been doing it since some of us where in grade school. Longevity counts to a certain degree.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:scust: at y'all that are picking timbo. Too young to know what GOOD music really is...

lol @ timbaland being some sort of oldhead pick all a sudden.

:mjlol:

:lolbron:......you too timbo?!?!:why:

Brehs...we minus well go on ahead and accept gay marriage:sas2:

:sadbron:

lol. he just comes off gay sometimes.

i want to say pharrell is the str8est guy in this equation but it seems like hes down for industry favors.:scust:

Timbo stays based of the 94-01 Playa/Missy/Aaliyah/Ginuwine wave and his work with Justin alone.

none of this is hip-hop.

i thought this was about hip-hop?

unless im mistaken. lemme know.

That's a timbaland beat... from 1998.

The guy really changed the sound of music for RnB, pop, and hip hop.

timbaland was just a continuation of devante swing.

:whistle:

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Damn forgot about Clipse so I voted Pharrell. ut no Pharrell no Happy.. so yeh.... Pharrell

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Truthfully I probably listen to Dre stuff the least. But no Dre you have no Ready To Die

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
To the nikkaz saying pharrell is mind boggling...the neptunes literally DOMINATED radio (all genres) in the early 2000s and still put out quality music to this day... If you wanna be petty i can pull up stats for you...

Dre hasnt been as consistent as some of the other legendary producers , but that dudes resume is amazing. From producing NWA, to snoop, em, 50, game etc... He doesn't just make classic records he makes superstars...

Kanye as an artist make people overlook his production resume. Classic after classic...

Timb is cool but he just doesn't have enough joints or accolades as a producer to compete with them... Dont get me wrong dude is an all time great but nah...
Who cares about radio b?

The Timbo sound... that Devante Swing '95 era till FS/LS is untouchable. Timbo is untouchable. I can go song for song Timbo and Neptunes and Timbo wins. I've got each of their discographies in their prime years and Timbo wins.

Ye and Dre are hip hop Mt. Rushmore icons to be honest. Too many seminal projects. Too many iconic moments.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ timbaland being some sort of oldhead pick all a sudden.

:mjlol:

lol. he just comes off gay sometimes.

i want to say pharrell is the str8est guy in this equation but it seems like hes down for industry favors.:scust:

none of this is hip-hop.

i thought this was about hip-hop?

unless im mistaken. lemme know.

timbaland was just a continuation of devante swing.

:whistle:

Timbaland was more than just a continuation of Devante Swing. The music he was doing with Aaliyah, Missy, and Ginuwine sounds nothing like Devante. I don't remember Devante having stuttering hi-hats, stop and go drum patterns, random crickets, and laughing babies in his beats. There's also the fact that Devante didn't produce Hip Hop outside of a handful of songs and only "No More Pain" is noteworthy.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
LOL at Timbaland having to go. Dude pretty much ushered in the Southern bounce that is all of modern hip hop, RnB. Clubs are STILL playing Big Pimpin and it fits right in with modern tracks.

In case y'all didn't notice.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I'm 90% certain Timbaland we co-producing / ghost producing for Devante.

No More Pain is from the Timbo sound stock.

Their work sounds like Timbo was on percussion and drums but Devante had lead creative control. Devante being on the keys. Timbo's stuff under devante is far more sexy than his own stuff. But his own stuff is more weird and out there. The sexy is provided by the vocalist, if at all. Which is why it was so easy for him to crossover to Pop.
This sound like timbo:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
LOL at Timbaland having to go. Dude pretty much ushered in the Southern bounce that is all of modern hip hop, RnB. Clubs are STILL playing Big Pimpin and it fits right in with modern tracks.

In case y'all didn't notice.

the bolded has nothing to do with timbaland.

I'm 90% certain Timbaland we co-producing / ghost producing for Devante.

No More Pain is from the Timbo sound stock.

Their work sounds like Timbo was on percussion and drums but Devante had lead creative control. Devante being on the keys. Timbo's stuff under devante is far more sexy than his own stuff. But his own stuff is more weird and out there. The sexy is provided by the vocalist, if at all. Which is why it was so easy for him to crossover to Pop.
This sound like timbo:

"no more pain" is just timbaland on the drums.

leave the rest of the work to timbaland and its an entirely different track.

same with most of the other devante stuff that people try to give credit to timbaland for in hindsight 20 years later.

Timbaland was more than just a continuation of Devante Swing. The music he was doing with Aaliyah, Missy, and Ginuwine sounds nothing like Devante. I don't remember Devante having stuttering hi-hats, stop and go drum patterns, random crickets, and laughing babies in his beats. There's also the fact that Devante didn't produce Hip Hop outside of a handful of songs and only "No More Pain" is noteworthy.

he had his own brand, definitely.

but even that was a spinoff of what those other guys with devante was doing as well.

i do agree, that timbo changed the landscape of late '90s/early '00s commercial r&b. we can agree on that one. BUT i thought this was about hip-hop? im pretty sure the folks at the hot 97 morning show arent up there discussing r&b.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
I'm really not big on any of those producers but if I had to pick 1 it would prolly be Pharell. Dre allegedly gave us the Chronic and Doggystyle and Kanye has sum great beats early in his career so it was either Timbaland or Pharell. I hate Pharells work alot more then Timbaland so I picked him