• Timbaland

Votes: 69 25.0%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the bolded has nothing to do with timbaland.

"no more pain" is just timbaland on the drums.

leave the rest of the work to timbaland and its an entirely different track.

same with most of the other devante stuff that people try to give credit to timbaland for in hindsight 20 years later.

he had his own brand, definitely.

but even that was a spinoff of what those other guys with devante was doing as well.

i do agree, that timbo changed the landscape of late '90s/early '00s commercial r&b. we can agree on that one. BUT i thought this was about hip-hop? im pretty sure the folks at the hot 97 morning show arent up there discussing r&b.

His sound also had influence on Hip Hop. Missy's "The Rain" and "Get Ur Freak On", Jay Z's "Jigga What, Jigga Who" and "Big Pimpin" just to name a few.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
His sound also had influence on Hip Hop. Missy's "The Rain" and "Get Ur Freak On", Jay Z's "Jigga What, Jigga Who" and "Big Pimpin" just to name a few.

lmao at people who think Timbaland had no effect on hip hop. Like... really!? How oblivious are some of y'all?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

:yawn:

what great albums is he behind? what legendary artists did he boost or help usher in?

you talk about jay but theres a reason why he didnt fill his album up with timbo beats until hip-hop was long gone and nobody really cared anymore.

:duck:

Then again, we won't agree on this. You get really weird about anything Timbaland and you won't provide receipts.

receipts for what? lol. you internet guys are funny.

timbaland didnt even make southern bounce. hes more synonymous with east coast radio singles & r&b music.

and thats not even a knock on timbaland. yall are just trying to categorize him as a southern producer because hes from virginia. LOL. virginia isnt even south when it comes to hip-hop.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yawn:

what great albums is he behind? what legendary artists did he boost or help usher in?

you talk about jay but theres a reason why he didnt fill his album up with timbo beats until hip-hop was long gone and nobody really cared anymore.

receipts for what? lol. you internet guys are funny.

timbaland didnt even make southern bounce. hes more synonymous with east coast radio singles & r&b music.

and thats not even a knock on timbaland. yall are just trying to categorize him as a southern producer because hes from virginia. LOL. virginia isnt even south when it comes to hip-hop.

Tim's been behind great albums, but it's subjective. What I consider great or what someone else considers great might be trash to someone else. In terms of legendary artists, there's Ludacris ("Phat Rabbit" is the song that Ludacris first appeared on), Jay Z (songs like "Big Pimpin" and "Dirt Off Your Shoulders" raised his profile), Missy Elliott is the most successful female rapper ever with 6 successful album s n 8 years (no other female rapper can make that claim).

Jay Z has an album helmed by Timbaland #Fact. The bit about Hip Hop being long gone is your opinion and people did care.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Tim's been behind great albums, but it's subjective. What I consider great or what someone else considers great might be trash to someone else. In terms of legendary artists, there's Ludacris ("Phat Rabbit" is the song that Ludacris first appeared on), Jay Z (songs like "Big Pimpin" and "Dirt Off Your Shoulders" raised his profile), Missy Elliott is the most successful female rapper ever with 6 successful album s n 8 years (no other female rapper can make that claim).

Jay Z has an album helmed by Timbaland #Fact. The bit about Hip Hop being long gone is your opinion and people did care.

youre not helping timbaland's case at all.

and you proved my point with that last statement. i said jay waited until the coast was clear to get a timbo album. when hip-hop mattered, jay was p*ssy-footin on that.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre not helping timbaland's case at all.

and you proved my point with that last statement. i said jay waited until the coast was clear to get a timbo album. when hip-hop mattered, jay was p*ssy-footin on that.
What you are doing is making up your own criteria. What does when hip hop mattered even mean? Just say it didn't mean anything to YOU.

Jay Z has never let any one producer produce an album for him.Magna Carta was the first time a producer had thatuch of a hand in a jay album. He was even co producing othrr producrt's tracks.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

sounds even better.

:ehh:

What you are doing is making up your own criteria. What does when hip hop mattered even mean? Just say it didn't mean anything to YOU.

Jay Z has never let any one producer produce an album for him.Magna Carta was the first time a producer had thatuch of a hand in a jay album. He was even co producing othrr producrt's tracks.

its not about just me. im hip-hop.

you up here trying to hoist phat rabbit & missy elliot into the rafters.

jay-z been p*ssy-footing on a timbo album for years. he waited until standards were gone & the coast was clear.