I am a 33 year old woman with no direction in life

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Her story

- "When I was 18-20, I had a vision of what I wanted out of life. I had a dream of going to college and getting married. I got my degree and got married... ended getting divorced"
- "I no longer know what I want even though I planned this life"
- "Graduated College in Multimedia Communications, got an internship, and never got a job after that. The 5 years after I got my degree it was constantly looking for jobs"
- "I planned to work at a Production company, a Film company, or Entertainment company and never got it"
- "I ended up just getting a job just to live. Retail, Sales, Customer Service"
- "I eventually got hired as a Product Manager, but the job was overwhelming. And I got fired"
- "Now I'm back to where I was in my early 20s. Can't find that good job that is full time with great benefits. I only get contract jobs. Feels like no one wants to hire me"
- "Now I'm on unemployment, divorced, and on food stamps"
- "I'm planning on being a Youtuber. Instead of hearing from companies that I'm not good enough"

Unfortunately this is the story of Millennials and Early Gen Z. They were sold a bill of goods and being constantly brainwashed into getting a degree for the sake of getting it without a career plan in order. Choose a major like you're choosing a meal on Doordash, and everything will magically turn out great for you, the red carpet will be laid out for you. Never a plan on the Job Outlook, Oversaturation, Skills needed for Career progression, etc
This is why you see so many "Life sucks", "Food and Water should be free for everyone", "Adulthood is a scam", etc
Now so many people in this age group and wandering lost in life, underemployed, with $80k to $100K in Student Loan debt :francis:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
full

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Not watching the vid and appreciate the summary OP. Looks like she got a new age “communications” degree which was mistake #1 then got divorced which was possibly mistake #2 but maybe warranted based on her circumstances. Either way I don’t really care…

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
She should just get a state job. Easy work, good hours, GREAT benefits, and plenty of free time to pursue her YouTube channel.

Im a HVAC tech at a college now and I ain’t going back to private. Side work with my lil 65 a year take home and im straight.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Life is hard out here and the majority of people out here are doing the best they can with the circumstances that they've been given. You just have to try and hold on the best you can in hope that things will eventually get better.

I remember a few weeks ago this chick was telling her frustrations about her lack of promotion to one of the black leaders of the company and you could literally see the sadness in his face as she was telling him.

Last edited: