I paid my boyfriend’s rent and bills to improve his credit score then he bought a house...

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Planetware-massachusetts-cape-cod-house-style-bob-vila.jpg

I paid my boyfriend’s rent and bills to improve his credit score — then he bought a house without telling me

I am a 47-year-old woman living in New Jersey. Currently, I own a duplex with a family member.

My boyfriend and I had been looking at houses for about six months. We finally found one we both liked. After the home inspection, it seemed to be out of reach with all repairs it needed. At this point, he wanted to take out the mortgage himself and put me on the deed, with the agreement that the money I got from the sale of my home would go into the new house. He also asked me take out a $20,000 loan to renovate my home to make more on the sale.

Since the original deal fell through, I decided not to look at more homes with him. He is extremely picky and the process was just too much. I told him to go with the realtor and, if he found a property he liked, then I would look.

Meantime, he is moving my household into a storage unit for easy moving.

The first time out without me he made an offer on the original house. He refused to show me paperwork and, when I asked him to call the lawyer to see what I needed to sign, he refused. He told me that he was only putting the house in his name and I would still be required to pay money from my sale into the house.

As an aside, I had been paying all his bills on time so that he would have a better credit score for our future purchase, he paid a nominal amount of rent and I paid all his bills. Then he started texting me to buy this or that on Amazon, for him or his band.

I had him leave on our fourth anniversary as he told me about his plans to not include me and had not paid his bills for 3 months.

Do I have any recourse on the loan he insisted I take out for renovations? Is there anything I can do? I am unemployed. We had no contract regarding rent. I did not sign the contract for the home he is now buying. Or do I just suck it up and take it as a life lesson?

Jobless and Boyfriendless in New Jersey.

I paid my boyfriend’s rent and bills to improve his credit score — then he bought a house without telling me

I had to bring this shyt here to yall...

Discuss ( want pics of the couple)

Cacs R Us

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cybertron
Never put money towards something that's not also in your name. Also just don't be a financial simp for anyone else, don't care your gender. They need to bring something to the table that's tangible. The only time it's chill to not have a job is they got savings or they're the day care. Some people desperately need more self-respect. At 47 too your damn SO should have their financial shyt together. :stopitslime:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
"Since the original deal fell through, I decided not to look at more homes with him. He is extremely picky and the process was just too much. I told him to go with the realtor and, if he found a property he liked, then I would look."

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o2_250.gif

200.gif

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Hey dummies

Strictly Biz from now on

Ain't no trust, ain't no ride or die bullshyt, ain't no loyalty.

Go for self, handle.your biz, get the reciepts. Reason why? Cause when it breaks down as it always does - you'll have your shyt together.

Honey Bee

All Star
Daps
I'm sorry but that's what she gets. No woman no matter what age should be helping a man with anything.I can't stand this build a bear man dating culture that we heading towards.

I really wish older women would get their shyt together and stop trying to help these men.SMDH! He probably got some young 18 year old chick in that house right now a we speak.