I paid my boyfriend’s rent and bills to improve his credit score then he bought a house...

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
This comment section is GOLD

1. Home
  2. Personal Finance
  3. The Moneyist
GET EMAIL ALERTS
I paid my boyfriend’s rent and bills to improve his credit score — then he bought a house without telling me

Published: Mar 9, 2018 10:34 a.m. ET

This New Jersey woman wonders whether her partner is using her for a mortgage

WE WANT TOHEAR FROM YOU
Join the conversation

40 comments

18 PEOPLE LISTENING

+ Follow
Post Comment

NEWEST | OLDEST
Gus Levy1 hour ago

His side of the story:

So, my ex-girlfriend and I were looking to buy a house together. I found a house that she didn't like very much so she nagged on and on about this and that - finally, she screamed at me to go buy a house by myself when she didn't get things her way.

Our relationship soon ended. Being middle-aged and set in our ways, she and I were not very compatible for the long term: We did have a decent relationship for awhile as we both helped each other strengthen weak parts of our life.

Anyway, I did wind up purchasing the house by myself. I am busy these days with refurbishing the house and while playing with my band a few times a week.

I hope my ex is doing well.

FlagShare
1LikeReply

Sal Locken1 hour ago

lol, where do you find these suckers paying other people's bills?

FlagShare
LikeReply

Gus Levy1 hour ago

@Sal Locken

I've had decent success on Plenty of Fish...I find the women on that site a bit more desperate and confused about the ways of the World.

So far, I've gotten 3 condos, 2 Toyotas, a used Porsche C3 and a pinball machined collection from my various relationships with women on PoF.

FlagShare
1LikeReply

Chris L36 minutes ago

@Gus Levy @Sal Locken "Suckers" and "Plenty of Fish." Coincidence? I think not.

FlagShare
2LikeReply

Sal Locken26 minutes ago

@chris L @Gus Levy @Sal Locken HAHAHA, nice

FlagShare
LikeReply

Chris L2 hours ago

She's unemployed, he's "in a band." Not to stereotype but...Oh, okay, to stereotype!

Honey Bee

All Star
Daps
So what do you think a woman's role in a relationship is? She got got and I agree that a man shouldn't be living off a woman, but I disagree with what you typed.

If you can't look to your woman for help if y'all are in a relationship, especially when you know damn well she looks to you when she's in need, then thats a woman that ain't worth nothin but a nut, and a quick nut at that. Then show her the door. Long term, she deserves the same kinda selfish finessing nikka that most of these selfish females end up with.
Companionship.A woman should not help build a man up or take care of him like this woman did. Women like that are pathetic for allowing themselves to be used.Each party should have their own thing.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Thats what I been on in 2018, my boy got a sugar momma PAWG who buys brand new Mercedes S Classes on a whim.

That 28-40 never married childless demographic:whew:
I'm on the same typa time.:myman:
Ain't get nothing close to a S class tho.:wow:

Where ya mans met that bytch at?

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
@Sal Locken

I've had decent success on Plenty of Fish...I find the women on that site a bit more desperate and confused about the ways of the World.

So far, I've gotten 3 condos, 2 Toyotas, a used Porsche C3 and a pinball machined collection from my various relationships with women on PoF.

FlagShare
1LikeReply

shyt
dead.png

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
I'm on the same typa time.:myman:
Ain't get nothing close to a S class tho.:wow:

Where ya mans met that bytch at?

He met her off Kik in a politics chat and she lives two hours away

Shes married to some old geriatric cac whose about to croak and hes never home so he takes a trip to see her every once in a while

Shes loaded

The amount of desperation she has , acting like his mom though:hhh:

Im tryna get me a rich cuban milf outta Coral Gables . Shoutouts to Match.com:blessed:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps

Shes married to some old geriatric cac whose about to croak and hes never home so he takes a trip to see her every once in a while

Shes loaded

Im tryna get me a rich cuban milf outta Coral Gables . Shoutouts to Match.com:blessed:

Life aint nothing but one giant hussle
wow.png

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Companionship.A woman should not help build a man up or take care of him like this woman did. Women like that are pathetic for allowing themselves to be used.Each party should have their own thing.

Man can get companionship from a good dog. Or he can pay for companionship. You got it all wrong. If you expect a man to provide for you then you should want to do your part to contribute. Or you should pay your own way for everything. Half all the bills, etc., since it's everyone for themselves in your eyes.

You sound like you grew up without a father in the home.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps

Shes loaded

Damn i aint even know nikkas was still fukking wit kik.
Son hit a mean ass lick on fukking Kik of all places.
Bout to hit the app store.:wow:

Yea That Match is official. I'm bout to pull the trigger on the paid account even tho it goes against my principals on paying for apps.
Its' just so much prey.:mjgrin:

Cacs R Us

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cybertron
I'm of the opinion you shouldn't be too dependent financially on anyone for your own peace of mind and safety especially if shyt goes down and you have to untangle yourself. That being said if you're in a relationship and it can't be entirely 50/50 on the finances front you need to have a frank discussion on who is gonna do what and assist each other. Resentment that goes unsaid about either money or chores is what dooms couples.

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, she was unemployed and paying his bills? She set herself up to put him in a better situation than herself