JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

tl;dw

-She is a chiropractor and flight attendant and works 60 hours a week

-Went to school for physical therapy and graduated but lost interest in chiropractor work over time

-Under a lot of student debt and it affected her quality of living along with her credit score

-Could have enough to make a living off one job or the other, but chose both for the satisfaction

- Might leave the chiropractor field in ten years but feel like she's ready for change

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps

tl;dw

-Went to school for Chiropractic and graduated but lost interest in chiropractor work over time

-Under a lot of student debt and it affected her quality of living along with her credit score

-Could have enough to make a living off one job or the other, but chose both for the satisfaction

- Might leave the chiropractor field in ten years but feel like she's ready for change but has 400k in student loan debt

She wants fulfillment. Its debtor's prison.
Red11 says
" Yes ma'am you have 400k in student loans so the ONLY way you will pay this off is choosing the job that pays the best living, while living on Ramen noodles and paying your debt down OR taking a nonprofit job and paying for 10 years the minimum payment and paying it off. You cannot bankruptcy out of them and they will remain."

I am unsure if she was at least paying the interest, how this number ballooned from 200k to 400k in 10 years?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

tl;dw

-Went to school for physical therapy and graduated but lost interest in chiropractor work over time

- Might leave the chiropractor field in ten years but feel like she's ready for change

I really don't get why they'd go all in on something like charipractoring. Why not just go all the way and do med/ortho? These are the only people that can take that debt load on the chin and still be free. With the exceptions of peds and psychiatrists, pretty much all real medical specialties start at 170k or more. You can't even compare that to the 70k chiropractors get.

He'll, if it's a grade or finances thing ; the osteopathic med schools would take her and still let her use her physical therapy for their "bone manipulation". :mjlol:

Clearly she had the drive to do 4yrs of grad school. She got off the bus early. Even dds school wouldve been a better choice. And I don't buy this nonsense of "choosing to work two jobs". She is forced to do that sht.:francis:

Last edited:

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I really don't get why they'd go all in on something like charipractoring. Why not just go all the way and do med/ortho? These are the only people that can take that debt load on the chin and still be free. With the exceptions of peds and psychiatrists pretty much all real medical specialties start at 170k or more. You can't even compare that to that 70k chiropractors get.

He'll, if it's a grade or finances thing ; the osteopathic schools would take her and still let her use her physical therapy for their "bone manipulation". :mjlol:

Clearly she had the drive to do 4yrs of grad school. She got off the bus early. Even dds school wouldve been a better choice. And I don't buy this nonsense of "choosing to work two jobs". She is forced to do that sht.:francis:
You know the reason. They couldn't get into medical school/dental school.

People really don't think about that this will be your life. For the rest of your life. Most professionals will do what they been training 8 years to do for the rest of their life.

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Multiple forbearances and capitalized interest will increase your loan a lot.
It was rhetorical.

If you made the 12k a year interest payment it should stand at 200k. If you are buying MAC, going to Dubai, eating Sushi, driving a Benz you can't make EVEN those payments as effectively.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was rhetorical.

If you made the 12k a year interest payment it should stand at 200k. If you are buying MAC, going to Dubai, eating Sushi, driving a Benz you can't make EVEN those payments as effectively.

Eh, the tone didn’t seem that way.:yeshrug:

The facts laid in that video are disturbing. Had no idea chiropractors were paid that low. Starting pay of 40k?:hhh: After borrowing 6 figures for school?:hhh:

I bet she gets paid more as a flight attendant, which doesn’t need any schooling, and that’s sad.

Last edited:

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
wouldn't even bother paying it back
Wait till they start garnishing your pay for student loan default.

Withholding Money From Your Wages
Your loan holder can order your employer to withhold up to 15 percent of your disposable pay to collect your defaulted debt without taking you to court. This withholding (“garnishment”) continues until your defaulted loan is paid in full or removed from default.

6a00d8341c4eab53ef0224df36059c200b-800wi

She can however do like Mike Meru and pay the minimum IBR for 20 years.

Mike Meru Has $1 Million in Student Loans. How Did That Happen?

"Due to escalating tuition and easy credit, the U.S. has 101 people who owe at least $1 million in federal student loans, according to the Education Department. Five years ago, 14 people owed that much. More could join that group. While the typical student borrower owes $17,000, the number of those who owe at least $100,000 has risen to around 2.5 million, nearly 6% of the borrowing pool, Education Department data show."

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Eh, the tone didn’t seem that way.:yeshrug:

The facts laid in that video is disturbing. Had no idea chiropractors were paid that low. Starting pay of 40k?:hhh: After borrowing 6 figures for school?:hhh:

I bet she gets paid more as a flight attendant, which doesn’t need any schooling, and that’s sad.
Yeah she aint grinding...you gotta open esthetician services: (Botox, Chiropractic, tattoo removal, laser hair removal, "anti-aging" Testosterone therapy)

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I’ll start by saying this: Shorty is foine foine, I couldn’t keep my eyes of her. End point

Now secondly, she’s lying about the satisfaction part because she looked depressed talking about being a chiropractor. She’s just stuck with 400k in student loans and has no choice but to do this. Her story is sad as hell