It's coming up on 5 years since Monday Night RAW went 3 hours weekly

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure it was in the 3 hour era, another Bryan match I enjoyed was Bryan vs Harper.

Another RAW match that doesn't get a lot of props is Rollins vs Neville for the WWE Title

That Kane/Bryan storyline was incredibly fun. Who knew that becoming comic relief would extend Kane's career and turn Bryan from indy darling to WM headliner? :wow:

Sometimes I can't believe it's the same company. That team had a solid storyline going for like 8 months and it turned Bryan into a star (even though they clearly didn't see him as THE star)

I still think 3 hours can be a good thing, if it's done right. But that's super rare. I hear people saying last week's episode was a good one, and I tuned in for the first time since WM for the BBBs. It was still awful television (besides the BBB/MizTV segment), and I was shocked to hear so much praise for it.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
That Kane/Bryan storyline was incredibly fun. Who knew that becoming comic relief would extend Kane's career and turn Bryan from indy darling to WM headliner? :wow:

Sometimes I can't believe it's the same company. That team had a solid storyline going for like 8 months and it turned Bryan into a star (even though they clearly didn't see him as THE star)

I still think 3 hours can be a good thing, if it's done right. But that's super rare. I hear people saying last week's episode was a good one, and I tuned in for the first time since WM for the BBBs. It was still awful television (besides the BBB/MizTV segment), and I was shocked to hear so much praise for it.

I still say the best stretch of consistently good 3 hours RAWs was from July 2012 to about April 2013 where you had Punk's transition from Face to Tweener to Heel, Team Hell No, Rise of Ryback, Shield debut, The Rock as WWE Champion, Taker/Punk feud etc...

Then the rest of 2013 featured Bryan being WWE Champion and feuding with the Authority, Henry's fake retirement, Wyatt family debut, AJ/Kaitlyn being the first interesting Women's feud in forever, Punk's return and feud with Lesnar etc..

Like always there was a lot of bullshyt back then but it sounds way more interesting than the 2017 RAWs do :heh:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I still say the best stretch of consistently good 3 hours RAWs was from July 2012 to about April 2013 where you had Punk's transition from Face to Tweener to Heel, Team Hell No, Rise of Ryback, Shield debut, The Rock as WWE Champion, Taker/Punk feud etc...

Then the rest of 2013 featured Bryan being WWE Champion and feuding with the Authority, Henry's fake retirement, Wyatt family debut, AJ/Kaitlyn being the first interesting Women's feud in forever, Punk's return and feud with Lesnar etc..

Like always there was a lot of bullshyt back then but it sounds way more interesting than the 2017 RAWs do :heh:

It honestly wasn't that bad. I felt like I had a lot to look forward back then if I was watching RAW. I'd use Cena's promo time to break away and do other stuff, but otherwise I'd make an effort to watch

There's just zero effort being put in the show, and there's not a lot of guys who are convincing actors on RAW. That and the stories are just horrible. I don't need to hear another Seth Rollins promo where he's just screeching on and on, or another Paul Heyman promo where he sucks Brock's dikk for 15 minutes and he references something jewish in an attempt to be self deprecating

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH

C/s. Can't forget Brock was in the mix during that stretch too.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
C/s. Can't forget Brock was in the mix during that stretch too.

Yea I mentioned his feud with Punk, hell his feud with Triple H was good too.

I can't believe I complained like I did during that era and then end up reminiscing about it 4-5 years later, just goes to show how bad shyt is now :heh:

Aye remember when Jack Swagger debuted with Zeb Colter and had that fire ass theme? A lot of controversy came from that and they had to make a non-kayfabe video :pachaha:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Punk/Cena for sure for favorite match...

Favorite moment has to go to Punk/McMahon during the rise of Ryback (when Cena was hurt and they had to replace him for HITC).

Punk & Vince beating the crap out of each other with kendo sticks. Old man Vince taking bumps on the announce table and the way they had that place shaking on camera ...the pop for "Feed Me More". :whew:

Felt like a kid again. :wow:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Was Cesaro vs Bryan part of the 3 hour era? That was probably my favourite WWE match, EVER. Made Bryan into a super star and turned Cesaro into a fan favourite.
Anyone know when this was? I wasn't watching during the time and would like to go back and watch this