Jerrod Carmichael Officially Comes Out as Gay on His HBO Special ‘Rothaniel’

Daps
:mjpls:IDK WHO THIS nikka IS
SO THE STIMULUS IS ALREADY WORKING.

:devil:
:evil:

The Carmichael show made lil rell and Tiffany haddish bigger names

Kinda feel like he’s one of those people that was just never meant to be big in hollywood. I dont think him being gay has anything to do with it, he’s like frank ocean, they just simply dont wanna do more than what they’ve done

He canceled his own show at the height of its popularity

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Nina was never funny to me..and NOT because he was gay

I think Nathan Lane, John mulaney, and Paul Mooney are all Hilarious and they are gay.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Only thing i seen dude in was Neighbours. He trying to be the lil nas x of comedy.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Or maybe he’s just gay

y’all keep saying this lgbtq stimulus package shyt like artists don’t have a decline in popularity and sales when they come out the closet.

lil nas x made old town road before he came out the closet

unless you’re talented enough to shake the stigma. being gay hurts your career.
How has lil nas x career suffered at all? He still gets all the looks, publicity and endorsements in the world. He got even bigger after coming out. His other singles weren’t phenomenons like “Old Town Road” but they still performed very well.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I found the Carmichael show to be hilarious, his stand up ain’t for me tho…so I’m torn on what I think about his talent. Couldn’t give af about his sexuality tho
Show was GREAT.

NBC wanting to meddle and lessen the black social commentary made him pull the plug

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Pretty sure that’s not due to the fact that he’s gay and the fact that he had the fastest song ever to reach DIAMOND status. The song is 16x DIAMOND dude. He never has to make another song again. Like you said in his statement his songs have not been performing as well as old town road since he came out. So tell me how is that supposed to support your argument?

:what:
Because his songs are still performing GREAT! And his Visibility hasn’t decreased at all, he’s a spokesperson for Taco Bell for fukk shakes. you acting like he’s on welfare or something.

His last single Not going Diamond isn’t a valid indication his career is suffering. OTR is a once in a lifetime situation. Every single song or album the nikka puts out was never gonna go diamond, whether he’s in the closet or out. My argument stands coming out as gay has not hurt his career at all. He’s still charting, performing at high profile shows and winning awards. So once again how has his career suffered?

Last edited:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Dude you don’t listen he’s living off the hype of old town road. The fact that he’s gay is irrelevant. He’s the most popular artist of all time who just so happens to be gay. What’s so hard to understand? He’s not getting those deals because he’s gay . But blame the gay mafia boogeyman
:mjlol: this is over.
You just saying a bunch of shyt I never said. My only question to you was “how has coming out hurt his career?” I’ve listed numerous ways it hasn’t and that he’s still a successful artist despite not matching his mega smash hit. You just freestyling some ole random bullshyt now. Good day bruh! Lol

:dead:At “gay mafia boogieman” tho you just pulled that tired old line out of thin air.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I haven't watched the special yet. Based on what people are saying I'll probably only check out the 1st half because I prefer jokes and jokes >> personal storytelling type 'comedy'.

But :mjlol: @ nikkas always talking about agendas when it comes to gay black 'celebrities'

For every one of them you could sit down and probably name 40 or 50 who aren't, so what's the big deal?

Will Smith, Mahershala Ali and Daniel Kaluuya have won like 4 Oscars in the past 5 years but one random, non-household name comedian says he's gay and all of a sudden it's a threat to black male masculinity everywhere.