Keep It 100, Do You Only Want WWE To Succeed?

Do You Only Want To See WWE Succeed?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 89.5%

• Total voters

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Over the years, I've noticed that a lot of wrestling fans on the Internet whether on social media, comment sections or boards have a very pro-WWE bias. I understand why bias exists but sometimes people go overboard, especially when news of TNA or ROH getting sold comes up, or when people want Kenny Omega to drop everything to become a midcarder.

Recently I've been keeping up the WWE UK situation where they are purposefully trying to sabotage a show because it's local and will be on free television.

There are other examples but I'd rather just see how TSC feels about this. So do you only want to see WWE succeed or do you think it's healthy for other companies to exist and be profitable?

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
:heh: It used to be the other way around, jaded WWE marks used to hope WWE failed even though it was the only thing they watched even now you have some people who trot out low ratings and house show numbers. Watch them happily drop bad WWE news but never post in ROH, NJPW, LU, or TNA threads.

Daps
I used to root for TNA, but they've been so stupid & stubborn over the years.:tenaydisappointed:

About 90% of the stars they had in the company five years ago is prospering in the wwe right now.

I never cared about roh cuz to me they never really had any real stars that were must watch.

Fact is that wwe is the largest platform & I honestly believe that wrestlers in general believe that making it to the wwe is the end game.

You got dudes leaving they comfy main event spot in another company just to go to nxt.:mjlol:

I still want the landscape to improve, but wwe is moving differently nowadays. That Indy market isn't as prosperous as it used to be.:francis:

They've diversified to the point where not only are they mainstream, but they've now been able to tap into that Indy market that TNA & Roh was holding down for years.

A majority of ya favorite Indy stars are wwe branded now & with the network becoming more established they're able to make more events to bring in more talent from the outside.:hhhtroll:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People want competition but they've long given up on TNA or ROH being that, and some have given up on a competitor ever existing again. The money Kenny Omega is being offered will determine if he's midcard and I'm sure they'll give him big bucks to weaken NJPW United States expansion. Even if he's a midcarder on wwe tv for 3 years, he can return to Japan a US star

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The time for those other companies to strike was when Johnny Ace had power and was inept. Under Paul Levesque, WWE is trying to be everything for everyone and appeal to every type of wrestling fan and take all of the market share. It's working.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'll be honest, I never wanna wish ill will on people, I don't wanna root for people to be out of jobs and if WWE fails and doesn't succeed, you're looking at thousands of employees being of a job.

But can I flip this and say I hope the Mcmahons fail and don't succeed to a point where they have to sell the company? The Mcmahons have put so many companies, so many promoters, so many wrestlers out of the business that I would love for one day it to happen to the Mcmahons.

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
I've never wanted any wrestling company to fail...
I might not care for shyt like New Japan but a lot of fans do...
The more wrestling the better...
And yes I'm pro WWE but I'm not a fan of a lot of the shyt they pull...
Cm Punk, Daniel Bryan (not really a fan but the people spoke loud and clear) etc...

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Nope. More competition = better WWE product overall. Wish there were other companies with legit TV deals/star power, etc to hold the WWE's feet to the fire.

Plus, it's just good to have a variety of wrestling. It would be silly to only watch the WWE, especially when they have so many stale periods.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I want other promotions to succeed, but honestly I don't really have the energy or time to follow any of them too closely and invest tons of money and time into them. I barely follow WWE like that anymore. I'll watch whatever has buzz, whether that be something like the Final Deletion and Broken Universe or Okada/Omega or whatever but I don't follow any product religiously. Plus WWE's been hoarding talent and signing anyone with a modicum of buzz anyway so it's hard to really support most non WWE products when they're snatching up all your favorite outside talents.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
People only want "competition" to make WWE better. Its disingenuous as fukk.

While true, it's also good to have an alternative, now TNA wasn't close to threatening WWE ratings wise or anything, but in it's prime, TNA was a great alternative to WWE.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I want other promotions to succeed, but honestly I don't really have the energy or time to follow any of them too closely and invest tons of money and time into them. I barely follow WWE like that anymore. I'll watch whatever has buzz, whether that be something like the Final Deletion and Broken Universe or Okada/Omega or whatever but I don't follow any product religiously. Plus WWE's been hoarding talent and signing anyone with a modicum of buzz anyway so it's hard to really support most non WWE products when they're snatching up all your favorite outside talents.

I've never wanted any wrestling company to fail...
I might not care for shyt like New Japan but a lot of fans do...
The more wrestling the better...
And yes I'm pro WWE but I'm not a fan of a lot of the shyt they pull...
Cm Punk, Daniel Bryan (not really a fan but the people spoke loud and clear) etc...

That's still ok. Both of you are still not wishing for other companies to fail.or for WWE to crush them.