Keep It 100, Do You Only Want WWE To Succeed?

Do You Only Want To See WWE Succeed?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 89.5%

• Total voters

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
I don't think another overall company will ever become bigger. Or at the very least, there is nothing out there currently that I expect to overtake it. Never say never, but the network should secure them for a very long time.

But another SHOW could EASILY usurp Raw/SDL/NXT..and not just critically like Lucha, but ratings/exposure wise.

The WWE has stagnated this industry to an incredible degree creatively. The Conservative Carny Complex (tm) infects every aspect of everything they put on. They are never on the forefront of anything. They are never really brave or transgressive. Their attempts at connecting to pop culture are laughable.

The fact that there is MORE WWE wouldn't factor into a casual fan. Hell, it likely hurts (And would continue to hurt in the face of actual competition) them to some extent. Most people aren't trying to watch 8 hours of ANYTHING a week, let alone some wrestling.

If someone competent got involved, the WWE would have it's lunch eaten pretty quickly.
Exactly, I don't think another company could overtake WWE in revenue/profit (because WWE has too much revenue streams for anybody to compete)...but another wrestling show could overtake them in ratings/popularity easy. Because WWE is culturally and creatively tone deaf.

I don't watch WWE and haven't in forever. Firstly because I'm bored. I know what to expect from them. Their shows are just 3 of the same brains (Paul, Stephanie and Vince) repeating the same ideas they've been repeating for 15+ years. But also, I stopped watching it because they don't need my money or viewership. They're doing fine. They're gonna make money hand over fists forever because they have a compulsively loyal audience who will just spend more of their money when Vince and company asks.

The next time I spent money on wrestling, it won't be WWE.