Keep It 100, Do You Only Want WWE To Succeed?

Do You Only Want To See WWE Succeed?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 89.5%

• Total voters

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I wanted TNA to succeed I've been following that company for 12 straight years and yet they still haven't improved one bit. Now they have become petty now with Matt Hardy's gimmick. I ain't supporting them till they get their heads out of their shyt infested asses. I defo want New Japan to become E's rival.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Nope. More competition = better WWE product overall. Wish there were other companies with legit TV deals/star power, etc to hold the WWE's feet to the fire.

Plus, it's just good to have a variety of wrestling. It would be silly to only watch the WWE, especially when they have so many stale periods.

I remember when WWE had a stale period during 2009-2011 I was watching nothing but TNA.

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
No, TNA just fukking sucks and at their best was average at absolute ceiling.
nikka did you even watch NWA-TNA at all?...
I remember you didn't see the R-Truth angle till recently...
So I'm guessing you didn't see shyt back then...

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
nikka did you even watch NWA-TNA at all?...
I remember you didn't see the R-Truth angle till recently...
So I'm guessing you didn't see shyt back then...

You should know by now that when Ed hates something or supports something there's no way for him to see the other side. Don't even bother.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
The WWE Network killed any chance of another big wrestling promotion being able to compete. WWE now has so much content that you can watch 24 hours a day that a casual fan could theoretically just stick to that. How can a promotion doing a 1-2 hour show a week compete with ppvs on Sunday, Raw on Monday, SD and 205 Live on Tuesday, NXT on Wednesday, all the old WWF/E, WCW, and ECW ppvs, old episodes of Raw and Smackdown, the UK show coming, plus all the other content for $10 a month?

I don't think another overall company will ever become bigger. Or at the very least, there is nothing out there currently that I expect to overtake it. Never say never, but the network should secure them for a very long time.

But another SHOW could EASILY usurp Raw/SDL/NXT..and not just critically like Lucha, but ratings/exposure wise.

The WWE has stagnated this industry to an incredible degree creatively. The Conservative Carny Complex (tm) infects every aspect of everything they put on. They are never on the forefront of anything. They are never really brave or transgressive. Their attempts at connecting to pop culture are laughable.

The fact that there is MORE WWE wouldn't factor into a casual fan. Hell, it likely hurts (And would continue to hurt in the face of actual competition) them to some extent. Most people aren't trying to watch 8 hours of ANYTHING a week, let alone some wrestling.

If someone competent got involved, the WWE would have it's lunch eaten pretty quickly.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The fact that there is MORE WWE wouldn't factor into a casual fan. Hell, it likely hurts (And would continue to hurt in the face of actual competition) them to some extent. Most people aren't trying to watch 8 hours of ANYTHING a week, let alone some wrestling.

If someone competent got involved, the WWE would have it's lunch eaten pretty quickly.

On this I feel they gave up and just hope lapsed fans come back or adult fans get their kids into it. They basically traded getting casuals to raise SD's rating before USA cancelled it.

That and an extra hour of advertising should probably keep WWE afloat until basic cable is totally bushes. Finding new fans once everything is streaming is going to be Triple H and Steph's biggest obstacle.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
People gotta get outta here with New Japan

A company with 90% of its roster made up of non English speaking foreigners is never gonna compete with the fukking WWE no matter how much good or better their product is. Stop kidding yourselves.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
On the real...no.

I'm a salty WCW head and seeing that company implode would make the inner smark in me shed tears of joy. That company was responsible for me not really giving a damn about wrestling on the strength I did during the Monday Night Wars. I hate the fact of how they treat most of their employees, rewrite history for the sake of making the WWE look golden, and how they handled the territories (and even the indies).

People want to give WWE the benefit of the doubt because "Vince revolutionize the business" and so forth, but fail to see the damaging result of his vision of wrestling. It's getting to the point where every indie will get swallowed and there won't be competition, which means more inferior bullshyt that the WWE continues to pump out (besides Braun GOATman and hardbody Jinder). Bottom line, maybe the WWE needs to experience the 93-97 all over again for the better.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I want other companies to be successful because it will give wrestlers opportunities to make a good living and become stars. In the 80's you had the WWF, JCP/NWA, AWA, Kid South, WCCW, etc. In the 90's you had WWF, WCW, and ECW.

When WCW was whooping the WWF it forced Vince to change how he did business and those changes led to the attitude era and wrestling becoming extremely popular again.

Competition is good for the wrestlers and the fans.

M.V.W.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. I would hope every promotion could succeed but nobody has the backing like WCW to present a suitable rival to WWE.