Kenyon Martin: Both Dame and Giannis have never ever in their careers told to play a different way

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

11:15

- "You got 2 guys right, they have not been forced to play any other way then the way they are playing now. And has had major success playing that way. Giannis is an MVP, champion, etc. Dame is on the all time scoring list, Top 75, etc. Both got the ball in their hands 70% of the time. It's human nature to kick in for Giannis to say oh we won a title doing it this way, I know what to do to win?"

- "I love Dame, love his competitive nature. But who has Dame ever made better that has played with him? Dame is a hell of a talent, but when you look down to it, you can see has happened in the playoffs. Fell short because he felt it's all on me and I'm gonna take every shot. Even as good as CJ was, he was still limited with Dame on the floor"

Astute analysis from Kenyon Martin :ehh:

The host also mentioned that since the end of March, Dame and Giannis have been outscored by 3.4 points per possession when they play together

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Question for you guys: if the Bucks and Mavs had swapped Dame for Kyrie at the start of this season... would the Bucks be better than they are now (record and chemistry-wise) and would the Mavs be worse?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Question for you guys: if the Bucks and Mavs had swapped Dame for Kyrie at the start of this season... would the Bucks be better than they are now (record and chemistry-wise) and would the Mavs be worse?

Mavs would EASILY be worse. Kyrie is literally the prototypical #2. Can play off the ball and create his own offense, and clutch. Dame has 0 clue and unwilling to play off the ball

Kyrie on the Bucks would be slightly better, but not by much. But at least he'll have a backbone to yell at his teammates

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good brother @Primetime lets not ask foolish questions we clearly know the answer to on a Sunday :francis:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

DAMIAN LILLARD IS A fukkING PG
HES SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL
IN HIS HANDS...

GIANNIS NEEDS TO TAKE HIS ASS
TO THE POST.

HE ALREADY HAS A 7'2 CENTER
SPACING THE FLOOR.

PUTTING UNNECESSARY WEAR AND TEAR
ON HIS BODY IS GONNA BREAK
HIM DOWN SOONER THAN LATER
:devil:
:evil:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

DAMIAN LILLARD IS A fukkING PG
HES SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL
IN HIS HANDS...

GIANNIS NEEDS TO TAKE HIS ASS
TO THE POST.

HE ALREADY HAS A 7'2 CENTER
SPACING THE FLOOR.

PUTTING UNNECESSARY WEAR AND TEAR
ON HIS BODY IS GONNA BREAK
HIM DOWN SOONER THAN LATER

You want him to go to the post & bang but are concerned with wear & tear.

Make it make sense…

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You want him to go to the post & bang but are concerned with wear & tear.

Make it make sense…

AINT NO BANGING IN THE POST.

DRAY THE ONLY PF WHO CAN
EVEN GUARD THE POST IN 2024.

THATS EASY MONEY.

GIANNIS IS A BUCKET DAMN
NEAR EVERY TIME HE POSTS UP.

COMPARING THAT TO A 6'11 nikka
GOING DOWN HILL, COAST TO COAST ALL GM
IS CASUAL AS fukk.

POST PLAY EXTENDS CAREERS.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON

11:15

- "You got 2 guys right, they have not been forced to play any other way then the way they are playing now. And has had major success playing that way. Giannis is an MVP, champion, etc. Dame is on the all time scoring list, Top 75, etc. Both got the ball in their hands 70% of the time. It's human nature to kick in for Giannis to say oh we won a title doing it this way, I know what to do to win?"

- "I love Dame, love his competitive nature. But who has Dame ever made better that has played with him? Dame is a hell of a talent, but when you look down to it, you can see has happened in the playoffs. Fell short because he felt it's all on me and I'm gonna take every shot. Even as good as CJ was, he was still limited with Dame on the floor"

Astute analysis from Kenyon Martin :ehh:

The host also mentioned that since the end of March, Dame and Giannis have been outscored by 3.4 points per possession when they play together

#NeverForget it only took one game for Jay Williams to see what he was looking for.

The type of simp that proposes after one date.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
GIANNIS TOO MUCH OF A PLAYMAKER

NEEDS TO FALL BACK N PLAY MORE OFF THE BALL TBH

AVERAGING A CAREER HIGH IN ASSISTS AND DAMN NEAR IN PPG TOO

RETARDED
Nah, that's the kind of skillset that made LeBron still thrive even without barreling through everyone in the paint like he used to in Cleveland.

Giannis developing his playmaker skills will guarantee he's not going to go straight to Larry Holmes Gardens after his prime.