Let’s talk about Gentrification

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Begging white daddy to come save us is and also always will be pathetic to me, call me cac or c00n, tag BMoreGorilla idc :yeshrug:

What can be given can easily be taken away

Beg your enemies to save you brehs

I’ll get it on my own out the mud and wouldn’t have it any other way

Black people have such a defeatist attitude when it comes to stuff like that. They actually think the creator of the problem is going to solve the problem.

Traveling the world changed my eyes. Migrant workers working for $50 dollars a month in random countries would love the problem that poor people have in America. Most people just need opportunity to be well off and not begging and poor. America is one of the top 3 countries in the world for opportunity.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The fact that just about any race can come to your community no matter where its located in the country and within less than a decade take it over both economically and socially says far more about you than it does about them.
that's not how the practice works. on face, it's explained that way but in reality, it's a whole lot of other shyt that makes things like this possible. from lack of government assistance to curb and protect their citizens from private interests all the way down to legal practices in existing communities that marginalize their power economically and socially.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Black people have such a defeatist attitude when it comes to stuff like that. They actually think the creator of the problem is going to solve the problem.

Traveling the world changed my eyes. Migrant workers working for $50 dollars a month in random countries would love the problem that poor people have in America. Most people just need opportunity to be well off and not begging and poor. America is one of the top 3 countries in the world for opportunity.
bad/poor argument...

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
The whole thing is

WHITE PEOPLE WANT TO MOVE BACK CLOSER TO THE DOWNTOWN AREAS WHERE THE MAJOR EVENTS ARE GOING ON.

Their getting tired of having to drive 20 to 30 minutes away to get downtown and do things..

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The fact that just about any race can come to your community no matter where its located in the country and within less than a decade take it over both economically and socially says far more about you than it does about them.
I think it's tied into race because this is America and in America everything can be argued to be race related.

It happens in all black countries too with people with money over-taking areas that were historically poor. Race is not mentioned. Jut privileged vs unprivileged.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
yes because of the practices that create such environments. while division between rich and poor "might" be consider a naturally occurring fracture see thru out life, when people exploit, deny and take advantage of someone (poor) to better their position and refuse responsibility to those who they take from, it creates a world where everyone is out for self and where resentment is also natural.

you can't blame people for wanting to rob you when you didn't want to come to their area UNTIL you basically changed everything about it. and, like i said, the corrupt and racist practices that occur at political levels (gerrymandering, voting laws, etc), thru economic funding AND opportunity, and what we experience and push on ourselves, in terms of ideas about groups and classes of people, socially all make a very poisonous cocktail that make the forces of gentrification vile...

social codes are often derived from racist ideas...

no one is asking. you asked why gentrification is bad and it's because its a situation derived from exploitative laws and practices. the idea of taking/exploiting inherently unhealthy. even worse if you lack empathy and concern for your environment around you. its a matter of balance, which none is struck. that's why you always have strife in these situations.

there are thousands of homebuilding projects worldwide that do the same thing, in essence, these gentrification projects do except the difference between the is the amount and origin of the capital for said project, and the actual mission and vision of said organizations committing their resources to the project (which plays THE biggest part)

really it's american values that poison the power of such an economically revitalizing movement like gentrification.

values that no one realizes they place over other things.

I read your shyt.

AMERIKKA IS BUILT ON TAKING. MOST WORLD POWERS WERE BUILT UPON TAKING shyt. THE WHOLE WORLD IS EXPLOITIVE FAM.

Yea it’s good that some people really try to invest in certain areas and help the people but to whiteyrepub giving blacks the projects was that. What more do you think a country who never gave about us is going to do with you.

I see what you saying in its kind of bad but that’s how the worlds works fam. Maybe I’m indifferent to the bad shyt. My GMA and her neighborhood got bought out and she bought her some new shyt.
I thinks that gentrification.
Yea an old black neighborhood is gone but who fault is that?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I read your shyt.

AMERIKKA IS BUILT ON TAKING. MOST WORLD POWERS WERE BUILT UPON TAKING shyt. THE WHOLE WORLD IS EXPLOITIVE FAM.

Yea it’s good that some people really try to invest in certain areas and help the people but to whiteyrepub giving blacks the projects was that. What more do you think a country who never gave about us is going to do with you.

I see what you saying in its kind of bad but that’s how the worlds works fam. Maybe I’m indifferent to the bad shyt. My GMA and her neighborhood got bought out and she bought her some new shyt.
I thinks that gentrification.
Yea an old black neighborhood is gone but who fault is that?
this is why you're stupid and i refuse to talk with you. keep regurgitating points i've already spoke on like i didn't address what the inherent problem is with that ideal...

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
n/m i'm done with this shyt. you out here co-signing jim crow laws and motherfukkers restructuring your district so they can steal your tax dollars. saying it's the "american" way. no, it's just evil, "fam"...

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
GENTRIFICATION IS ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN IN A CAPITALISM ECONOMY. THE POOR WILL ALWAYS CHASE THE RICH AND THE RICH WILL ALWAYS RUN. NO USE COMPLAINING. LEARN TO BENEFIT FROM THIS.

THE BIGGEST LUBRICANT FOR GENTRIFICATION ARE THE SOCIAL PROGRAMS THE POOR DEPEND ON. WHEN THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES START ACCEPTING SECTION 8 IN THE SUBURBS IN MASS NUMBERS YOU CAN BET GENTRIFICATION ISN'T FAR BEHIND. THE COMPANIES TAKE YOUR PREVIOUS ADDRESS AND START SNAKING THEIR WAY INTO THE NEIGHBORHOODS. INNER CITY PROPERTY OWNERS HAVE PROBLEMS FILLING THEIR HOMES AND THEY SELL TO THE SAME COMPANIES THAT ARE POACHING THEIR TENANTS.

WE KNOW THE GAME. STOP CRYING AND GET IN THE GAME.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
The whole thing is

WHITE PEOPLE WANT TO MOVE BACK CLOSER TO THE DOWNTOWN AREAS WHERE THE MAJOR EVENTS ARE GOING ON.

Their getting tired of having to drive 20 to 30 minutes away to get downtown and do things..
Basically the end of discussion

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all asking the same white folks who “holding you down” to build up your community:mjlol:

The same white folks to look out for the poor brown and poor black folks when thinking about developing the urban sections of the city :mjlol:

That’s bullshyt logic.

Ain’t nobody coming to save the poor folks in America better yet ain’t nobody coming to save the poor folks in the world. Either adapt or die.

fukk what y’all talking about nikka I like safe neighborhoods :yeshrug:
These nikkas live in their safe comfortable suburbs and work in their cushy air conditioned 9-5 office jobs whilst playing Malcolm X online during their lunch breaks. :mjlol:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
you're like "why is it bad"?

thirty responses later you're still confused as to why it's bad? why it's bad to exploit people? you don't want an answer...

Maybe I’m indifferent to this type of exploiting. I see what you trying to say but I see it as normal life shyt. If you got money you can stay if you dnt you and your culture and history got to get out. What’s the issue.

The white folks put people in urban spots now they want that spot back. That what happen when you let people dictate your life