Marvel’s Avengers is officially DEAD

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
But are they shutting down servers? IMO the main thing that killed this shyt was the equipment and no PvP.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Rest in piss you piece of shyt! :russ:

:piss:🪦

why are you so happy it's dead? I don't get it

fukkin weirdo gamers like you that love it when games die like Anthem (or prematurely celebrated the failures of stuff like Cyberpunk & Fallout 76 but those made a resurgance)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But are they shutting down servers? IMO the main thing that killed this shyt was the equipment and no PvP.

Probably not, just additional content

Unreleased Content

Marvel’s Avengers had a wealth of content in various stages of development that will ultimately not see release.

These include “Patrol Mode,” a free-roaming mode set in the game’s largest map that would see players accepting “Boss Bounties” to challenge the title’s antagonists in unique encounters, among other smaller objectives.

This update would have come alongside “join-in-progress” functionality, allowing players to drop in and out of fireteams without interrupting gameplay, a working prototype of which I’m told was in testing last summer.

A clash with the famous Marvel villain Ultron was also in the cards, with work dating as far back as early development, where he was once the narrative’s primary antagonist.

This boss fight would see the friendly NPC robot Roy possessed by a sentient corrupt AI, with players having to set up beacons in order to extract and trap the foreign consciousness.

Several characters were in the pipeline as well, including She-Hulk and Captain Marvel. These 2 were part of an earlier internal content release schedule that was updated under Waggoner’s leadership to include heroes like Jane Foster, Shuri, and Ironheart, which could be accomplished on a lower budget by repurposing existing assets.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I hate with the single player aspect of a game is too heavily infected by the multiplayer aspect.
I remember when this game was released you couldn't even replay the main campaign after completion, making it essentially a rental to me..
the maps and quest were heavil tied to online pvp grinding so if you didn't fukk with it, some quests were essentially locked.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why are you so happy it's dead? I don't get it

fukkin weirdo gamers like you that love it when games die like Anthem (or prematurely celebrated the failures of stuff like Cyberpunk & Fallout 76 but those made a resurgance)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

It sucks the game never lived up to it's potential. But I had a good time with it despite it's flaws

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

It sucks the game never lived up to it's potential. But I had a good time with it despite it's flaws

Reminds me of when they pulled the plug on Lawbreakers. I actually loved that game and somehow I have the shyttiest luck with games that gets shytted on:

91e03d7c225823793b73eb99694a4183dd7f82ce.jpeg

811LApkJ80L.jpg

evolve-new1.jpg

Dust514BoxArt.jpg

There should be a YouTuber to cover dead games because this shyt is giving me the willies :huhldup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Reminds me of when they pulled the plug on Lawbreakers. I actually loved that game and somehow I have the shyttiest luck with games that gets shytted on:

91e03d7c225823793b73eb99694a4183dd7f82ce.jpeg

811LApkJ80L.jpg

evolve-new1.jpg

Dust514BoxArt.jpg

There should be a YouTuber to cover dead games because this shyt is giving me the willies :huhldup:

You’re like the weatherman, but if you say its gonna rain im gonna go to the beach

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: They literally fumbled, what could’ve been a great game. They were blessed with the Avengers ip. After one of the biggest superhero movie ended. Just to make it a GAAS smh. After insomniac’s Spider-Man, I had high hopes for this game. At least GOTG was a surprise hit.