Millenials Are A Trillion Dollars In Debt And Most Don't Even Own A Home

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Couple this with the subprime auto loan bubble that's also about to burst (don't learn your lesson from 2008 banking brehs :mjlol:) and things are about to get ugly :francis:
I’m actually banking on this. I just hope I don’t lose my job. As long as that doesn’t happen I’m going to buy a 500k house for nothing :blessed:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Many (wont say most) black people are first gen college students so they literally come from families lf a bunch of clueless (as in ignorant to the ways, not dissing them) people who dont know the education system and white collar society operates

You got alot of people who think simply showing up and getting good grades is sufficient.
Sad but true.

I lived in the hood hood.

In philly.

When I went to college....some people in my class didn't even know what FAFSA was.

I mentor young black men now so I give them all the game.

:mjcry:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I’m actually banking on this. I just hope I don’t lose my job. As long as that doesn’t happen I’m going to buy a 500k house for nothing :blessed:

The problem is gonna be multiple bubbles popping at the same time.

We're all fukked if there's another repeat of 2008.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Sad but true.

I lived in the hood hood.

In philly.

When I went to college....some people in my class didn't even know what FAFSA was.

I mentor young black men now so I give them all the game.

:mjcry:
Yeah. When we had our “college fair” only people who came was the Army, the community college across the street and one of the HBCUs in the state.

I had an ex who struggled to find work when she graduated and her mom was like “why you cant find a job?!? You got a degree?!? Whats wrong with these companies :dwillhuh:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Still studying, but STEM + high paying internships means I'll graduate next year with minimal debt (18k) and 6 figure job offer lined up. Already been making 6 figures (pro-rata) as an intern. I'll be able to pay off that debt right away with a signing bonus. Gotta be strategic about it.
Nice.

I went to a large school and lived at home for 2 the on campus for last 2 ...but lucked up with only 10k in loans and my degree netted me a nearly 100k job 4 years after graduation.

It's about being smart and guidance.

Looking back I could have just not lived on campus for the final two years and got a free ride but honestly I was still in the hood so living on campus change my whole mindset and expose me to so many different types of people which was really needed for me to grow into the person I am now.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Who really has $50k to put down on a home and $3500 a month for a a mortgage, taxes, utilities and upkeep?

I swear the people who bought homes in the 90's have it good. They probably have $700 mortgage payments.

I bought a crib in the hood, and years later my value has gone up a ton and i stay getting blown up by people trying tl by my house.
:blessed: I aint selling either

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. When we had our “college fair” only people who came was the Army, the community college across the street and one of the HBCUs in the state.

I had an ex who struggled to find work when she graduated and her mom was like “why you cant find a job?!? You got a degree?!? Whats wrong with these companies :dwillhuh:
Damn smh

I made connections and I Networked my ass off.

Some places interview me or reach out to me just because of the school I got my degree from because it is a very popular School in my state.

Sometimes it pays to go for a school with that name recognition you know what I mean.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn smh

I made connections and I Networked my ass off.

Some places interview me or reach out to me just because of the school I got my degree from because it is a very popular School in my state.

Sometimes it pays to go for a school with that name recognition you know what I mean.

Yeah im a product of an HBCU, but at this point in thr game Im like kids need to go to the best school they can get in at the lowest cost.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Who really has $50k to put down on a home and $3500 a month for a a mortgage, taxes, utilities and upkeep?

I swear the people who bought homes in the 90's have it good. They probably have $700 mortgage payments.

Y'all overreacting. You don't have to put anywhere near $50k down. There's cheap housing all over, just gotta look. In Illinois you can buy a house for $170k easy. And sho ain't paying $3500 on mortgage, more like $850.

kuts

All Star
Daps
Rampant student debt is the reason why this generation isn't fun. Either you're straight and narrow until your thirties or you forgo future wealth for life experience.

Even with a good job, paying off tens of thousands of dollars of debt in a small window to fit one's timeline is NOT the move at ALL. Like imagine instead of paying off 20k you saved it in the same time. How much time did you save just now?