Millennials are becoming more resentful of their parents for not being able to babysit their grandchildren

Daps
A lot of those parents expected the kids to watch their siblings. One of my friends married a single mom who had 2 teen daughters. He had two additional kids with her, and the teen daughters were expected to watch the little ones. Then, the older daughter ended up a single mom, and asked for help watching her 2 kids, and his wife says no. I don’t think that’s fair.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
I can’t relate. My son’s grandparents (they’re retired) love to keep him and if my parents lived in state they would as well. However I only have one kid and he’s the only grandchild. I’d imagine people even family would be less inclined to want to deal with 2+ kids especially if their ages vary.

You see this a lot when dating a woman and she has 2+ kids. She’ll be hard pressed to find someone to watch her kids on a weekend night or school night. I think people downplay how much of a time and energy suck kids are and sometimes even family will pass on taking that on.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I don't think this was ever a parent's job. I grew up in an era where grandparents would watch the kids cause they had free time .

Huge sign of the times. The retirees now came up big on the housing boom while the 80s retirees didn't have that sort of wealth boom. Then you factor in millennial families now needing to have two earners because child care is about $1500/month And it's no wonder This resentment is the result.

Daps
I'm very particular about this because I've seen folks I grew up with have children and drop them off on their parents (the grandparents) to raise them while they're out living their best life.

I have a problem with that. I don't plan to ever drop my children off with my parents. If they come get them, or tell me to bring them by, that's one thing. But I'm not going to force my parents to be babysitters.